Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Big Government Big Government Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree27Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,491
is that as many as guns?
tristanrobin is offline  
Old April 30th, 2017, 10:40 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
That's interesting. I was on oxy for about 6 weeks but by 2 weeks I was off a schedule and only tool one when my wound started hurting. Towards the end I was down to two a day anyway and so just stopped. And never felt a pang of desire.

I guess people all react differently.
I take Oxy (three per day) for my arthritic knees and degenerative disc pain. I have ran out several times over the years (for four/five days) simply because I forgot to refill a prescription, was too lazy to go pick up my prescription, gave a couple pills to a friend in pain, etc.).

I never have gone through any kind of withdrawal ... though, man, I have noticed a difference in the pain level without them!
Thanks from RNG and Twisted Sister
tristanrobin is offline  
Old April 30th, 2017, 11:09 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 17,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
The only drug that got me immediately addicted was crack or cocaine base. Crack almost took every thing I had but stopped before I had nothing, cold turkey. Today when I smell the odor of burning metal makes me ache for crack but never did it again.
Never did crack or free-based cocaine. Shoved plenty of good high-quality powder up my nose. But all that stopped over 31 years ago.
Hollywood is offline  
Old April 30th, 2017, 11:40 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
I take Oxy (three per day) for my arthritic knees and degenerative disc pain. I have ran out several times over the years (for four/five days) simply because I forgot to refill a prescription, was too lazy to go pick up my prescription, gave a couple pills to a friend in pain, etc.).

I never have gone through any kind of withdrawal ... though, man, I have noticed a difference in the pain level without them!
Limbaugh gave Couric a pill of Oxy on an airplane flight and she ate it. Couric said it made her feel stupid and never did it again.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old April 30th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 21,491
My partner says my Oxy makes him 'high' - it doesn't do that to me. When I hear people are out buying it illegally on the street to get high I laugh - I don't get it. All it does for me is what it's supposed to do - kill the pain - and I take pretty high dosage throughout the course of the day.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
tristanrobin is offline  
Old April 30th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #26
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
My partner says my Oxy makes him 'high' - it doesn't do that to me. When I hear people are out buying it illegally on the street to get high I laugh - I don't get it. All it does for me is what it's supposed to do - kill the pain - and I take pretty high dosage throughout the course of the day.
Mrs. RNG who worked in a cancer center for 14 years tells me that if you are starting to feel high, you are taking too much. The body seems to know what it needs to handle the pain and it's only being use for the high if the dose is more than the pain requires.
Thanks from Hollywood
RNG is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 06:23 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 17,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Mrs. RNG who worked in a cancer center for 14 years tells me that if you are starting to feel high, you are taking too much. The body seems to know what it needs to handle the pain and it's only being use for the high if the dose is more than the pain requires.
Exactly. I fought cancer for years and took a lot of opiates. You take just enough to dull the pain enough that you can function somewhat normally, you feel "high" you're taking too much too frequently.
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 06:58 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 10,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
My partner says my Oxy makes him 'high' - it doesn't do that to me. When I hear people are out buying it illegally on the street to get high I laugh - I don't get it. All it does for me is what it's supposed to do - kill the pain - and I take pretty high dosage throughout the course of the day.
In the eighties a good friend of my wife hit the Lotto for two million and she and her husband died two years later. They had the best looking house in West Jefferson, Ohio and two new Cadillac's. They crushed Oxy and snorted it which caused an immediate and fatal lung disease. Oxy should never be crushed and snorted.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 08:51 AM   #29
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Exactly. I fought cancer for years and took a lot of opiates. You take just enough to dull the pain enough that you can function somewhat normally, you feel "high" you're taking too much too frequently.
I don't know if you are lucky or I was in this. In my battle I didn't suffer much pain from the tumor, but going through chemo and radiation was enough hurting and they don't have pills for it.

But it was worth it.
RNG is offline  
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:39 AM   #30
Hiding behind the sofa
 
MichaelT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Stockport England
Posts: 1,051
The UK and most of Europe have so far dodged the bullet as far as this type of drug use is concerned.
It seems our health systems protected doctors from the pressures of 'Big Parma' which for a long time in the USA pushed these drugs in public advertising and in direct sales pitches to doctors as a 'wonder drug' for pain relief with no long term side effects or addiction.
This led to a massive over prescription by doctors which helped to form a large base of addicts and, when US doctors finally realised the dangers and tried to reduce the amounts they were prescribing, fuelled the market for the illegal production and use of these drugs
Thanks from Sabcat

Last edited by MichaelT; May 1st, 2017 at 09:55 AM.
MichaelT is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Big Government

Tags
americans, attacks, kill, killed, opiates, ten, terror, times, year, years, yrs



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Terror Attacks In Paris excalibur Current Events 183 November 21st, 2015 05:50 AM
man killed by cop after he attacks him with a flag pole kbear Current Events 41 June 21st, 2015 01:09 PM
First US Troop Killed in Obama's War of Terror with ISIS Libertine Current Events 4 October 3rd, 2014 06:56 PM
Terror Attacks in UK Turn Out to Be Yet Another Convoluted Big Media Scare tadpole256 Warfare 15 July 5th, 2007 09:47 AM
Terror Attacks Up 25% billybobama Warfare 50 May 22nd, 2007 10:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.