Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Discussion > Books and Literature

Books and Literature Books and Literature Forum - For topics and discussions about books and literature in the world


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2015, 03:43 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
It isn't much of a trivia question. It lasted from the first charter of Virginia on 1607 until the last charter in 1776, but is generally referred to as 1607-1775.
No, "what was he 2nd most popular book in the colonies" is the trivia question I refer to.
I asked what would be considered "the colonies" for the purpose of this little discussion we are having.
Thanks from intangible child and Sabcat
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 12th, 2015, 03:54 PM   #12
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Poor Richard's Almanack.
The Almanack was a yearly publication. The The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come; Delivered under the Similitude of a Dream would be the second most read book outside of a yearly publication.


Here is a manifest of books sold in Williamsburg, Virginia in the mid eighteenth century.

Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 12th, 2015, 03:58 PM   #13
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
What is the point of starting this thread as you have proclaimed that you have no interest in history?
What is the point of starting any thread? To instigate conversation? To learn? To exchange opinions?

I never said I didn't care about history. I didn't see the fixation on the specific question. Since it was so important to you it must be something life changing for it was plaguing your posts. Here is a platform to express it in.
Thanks from catus felis and LongWinded
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:06 PM   #14
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
What is the point of starting any thread? To instigate conversation? To learn? To exchange opinions?

I never said I didn't care about history. I didn't see the fixation on the specific question. Since it was so important to you it must be something life changing for it was plaguing your posts. Here is a platform to express it in.
I have explained to you my fixation with this question.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:11 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
The Almanack was a yearly publication. The The Pilgrim's Progress from This World to That Which Is to Come; Delivered under the Similitude of a Dream would be the second most read book outside of a yearly publication.


Here is a manifest of books sold in Williamsburg, Virginia in the mid eighteenth century.

The question was "in the colonies" and NOT in Williamsburg, Va. or even Virginia.
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:16 PM   #16
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The question was "in the colonies" and NOT in Williamsburg, Va. or even Virginia.
That was an example. Run along and troll another thread.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:26 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
That was an example. Run along and troll another thread.
No, I don't feel like it just yet. Got a few more minutes to kill before I need to leave for my meeting.

Well OF COURSE it was just ONE example. So I guess you should not have said it was "the second most read book outside of a yearly publication."

Ever occur to you to drop the know-it-all arrogant bullshit and say something such as "maybe", "perhaps" or even something as modest as "in my personal opinion" or "the evidence I have found would seem to indicate......"
EVER???
Thanks from intangible child and RNG
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:27 PM   #18
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
No, I don't feel like it just yet. Got a few more minutes to kill before I need to leave for my meeting.

Well OF COURSE it was just ONE example. So I guess you should not have said it was "the second most read book outside of a yearly publication."

Ever occur to you to drop the know-it-all arrogant bullshit and say something such as "maybe", "perhaps" or even something as modest as "in my personal opinion" or "the evidence I have found would seem to indicate......"
EVER???
Quote:
"the second most read book outside of a yearly publication."
I did. You should read.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:29 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I did. You should read.
You did what?
Thanks from intangible child
Hollywood is online now  
Old May 12th, 2015, 04:38 PM   #20
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You did what?
Learn to read and you will understand.
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Discussion > Books and Literature

Tags
2nd, book, cares, colonies, read



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fascinated By Stalin? Read Montefioro's Book kowalskil Socialism 2 August 25th, 2012 04:53 AM
The Bible is the Only Book that Needs to be Read pensacola_niceman Philosophy 76 November 8th, 2010 11:27 AM
The Declaration of Independence of the Thirteen Colonies tadpole256 Political Talk 6 September 24th, 2010 02:44 AM
Have you read a book called "the singularity is near"? 4vrlearn Books and Literature 0 January 2nd, 2009 12:03 PM
Book: Senators who OK'd war didn't read key report CNN Current Events 1 May 28th, 2007 08:50 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.