Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues > Bullying

Bullying Until recently, Bullying has been identified as a major concern in our Society.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Thank you William. Medium roast Dunkin, light with Splenda, por favor.
waitingtables is offline  
Old March 13th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #32
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Thank you William. Medium roast Dunkin, light with Splenda, por favor.


Your wish is my command, my dear. Would you want donuts or a pastry with that?
highway80west is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:20 AM   #33
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Yet another example of how courts are biased in favour of homosexuals and how they consistently get special privileges.



Would this have been the verdict if Clementi was filmed making out with a girl?







A New Jersey jury today found former Rutgers student Dharun Ravi guilty on all counts for using a webcam to spy on his roommate, Tyler Clementi, having a gay sexual encounter in 2010.



Ravi, 20, was convicted of invasion of privacy, bias intimidation, witness tampering and hindering arrest, stemming from his role in activating the webcam to peek at Clementi's date with a man in the dorm room on Sept. 19, 2010. Ravi was also convicted of encouraging others to spy during a second date, on Sept. 21, 2010, and intimidating Clementi for being gay.



Ravi was found not guilty of some subparts of the 15 counts of bias intimidation, attempted invasion of privacy, and attempted bias intimidation, but needed only to be found guilty of one part of each count to be convicted.



The convictions carry a possible sentence of five to 10 years in prison. Because Ravi is a citizen of India, and is in the US on a green card, he could be deported following his sentencing. The US deports most criminals convicted of felonies, with the exception of thefts of amounts under $10,000.



Clementi's mother, who sat with her husband and sons in the front row for the duration of the three-week trial, broke down in tears as the first "guilty" verdicts were read. Clementi's father took notes throughout the reading of the verdicts.



Ravi's attorney, Steven Altman, put his arm around Ravi's shoulder shortly before the verdict. Ravi showed little reaction as the jury read out the verdicts to his crimes.



Clementi's case gained national attention when he committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge Sept. 22, 2010. Ravi is not charged in connection with Clementi's death.



http://news.yahoo.co...--abc-news.html
garysher is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:28 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,333
Sounds like justice was done. Ravi was foolish not to take the plea bargain since he would have avoided prison and deportation.
skrekk is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:41 AM   #35
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
He'll probably get deported without serving any time.



So what, it's not like he's a white guy
garysher is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 09:58 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,333
The fact that Ravi didn't take a very sweet plea deal reveals a lack of remorse - he was convinced he didn't do anything wrong. That'll be a factor in sentencing.



Deportation proceedings are a federal issue and any deportation will occur after his state prison sentence has been served. But the fact of the state conviction for numerous felonies makes deportation very likely. Ravi could have avoided all of that by taking the plea bargain.



http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...l_verdict.html
skrekk is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM   #37
Retired
 
highway80west's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 17,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Yet another example of how courts are biased in favour of homosexuals and how they consistently get special privileges.



Would this have been the verdict if Clementi was filmed making out with a girl?







A New Jersey jury today found former Rutgers student Dharun Ravi guilty on all counts for using a webcam to spy on his roommate, Tyler Clementi, having a gay sexual encounter in 2010.



Ravi, 20, was convicted of invasion of privacy, bias intimidation, witness tampering and hindering arrest, stemming from his role in activating the webcam to peek at Clementi's date with a man in the dorm room on Sept. 19, 2010. Ravi was also convicted of encouraging others to spy during a second date, on Sept. 21, 2010, and intimidating Clementi for being gay.



Ravi was found not guilty of some subparts of the 15 counts of bias intimidation, attempted invasion of privacy, and attempted bias intimidation, but needed only to be found guilty of one part of each count to be convicted.



The convictions carry a possible sentence of five to 10 years in prison. Because Ravi is a citizen of India, and is in the US on a green card, he could be deported following his sentencing. The US deports most criminals convicted of felonies, with the exception of thefts of amounts under $10,000.



Clementi's mother, who sat with her husband and sons in the front row for the duration of the three-week trial, broke down in tears as the first "guilty" verdicts were read. Clementi's father took notes throughout the reading of the verdicts.



Ravi's attorney, Steven Altman, put his arm around Ravi's shoulder shortly before the verdict. Ravi showed little reaction as the jury read out the verdicts to his crimes.



Clementi's case gained national attention when he committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge Sept. 22, 2010. Ravi is not charged in connection with Clementi's death.



http://news.yahoo.co...--abc-news.html


What a load of your horseshit, Gary. If you served on the jury, you would have voted to acquit, thereby resulting in a hung jury. The law would mean nothing to you.



That post shows high hatred towards gays and lesbians. There would be a good many of them waiting in line to broadcast their Sunday punches to you.
highway80west is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Would this have been the verdict if Clementi was filmed making out with a girl?


The better way to phrase that question is whether Ravi would have done what he did if Clementi had been making out with a girl. The jury decided there was sufficient evidence to indicate that Ravi's motivation was based on it being a same-sex encounter.



Good to see the conviction was on all 15 counts.
skrekk is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #39
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrekk View Post
The fact that Ravi didn't take a very sweet plea deal reveals a lack of remorse - he was convinced he didn't do anything wrong. That'll be a factor in sentencing.



Deportation proceedings are a federal issue and any deportation will occur after his state prison sentence has been served. But the fact of the state conviction for numerous felonies makes deportation very likely. Ravi could have avoided all of that by taking the plea bargain.



http://www.nj.com/ne...al_verdict.html


Because Ravi is a citizen of India, and is in the US on a green card, he could be deported following his sentencing. The US deports most criminals convicted of felonies, with the exception of thefts of amounts under $10,000.
garysher is offline  
Old March 16th, 2012, 10:11 AM   #40
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by H80W View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary' timestamp='1331918445' post='389978

Yet another example of how courts are biased in favour of homosexuals and how they consistently get special privileges.



Would this have been the verdict if Clementi was filmed making out with a girl?







A New Jersey jury today found former Rutgers student Dharun Ravi guilty on all counts for using a webcam to spy on his roommate, Tyler Clementi, having a gay sexual encounter in 2010.



Ravi, 20, was convicted of invasion of privacy, bias intimidation, witness tampering and hindering arrest, stemming from his role in activating the webcam to peek at Clementi's date with a man in the dorm room on Sept. 19, 2010. Ravi was also convicted of encouraging others to spy during a second date, on Sept. 21, 2010, and intimidating Clementi for being gay.



Ravi was found not guilty of some subparts of the 15 counts of bias intimidation, attempted invasion of privacy, and attempted bias intimidation, but needed only to be found guilty of one part of each count to be convicted.



The convictions carry a possible sentence of five to 10 years in prison. Because Ravi is a citizen of India, and is in the US on a green card, he could be deported following his sentencing. The US deports most criminals convicted of felonies, with the exception of thefts of amounts under $10,000.



Clementi's mother, who sat with her husband and sons in the front row for the duration of the three-week trial, broke down in tears as the first "guilty" verdicts were read. Clementi's father took notes throughout the reading of the verdicts.



Ravi's attorney, Steven Altman, put his arm around Ravi's shoulder shortly before the verdict. Ravi showed little reaction as the jury read out the verdicts to his crimes.



Clementi's case gained national attention when he committed suicide by jumping off the George Washington Bridge Sept. 22, 2010. Ravi is not charged in connection with Clementi's death.



http://news.yahoo.co...--abc-news.html


What a load of your horseshit, Gary. If you served on the jury, you would have voted to acquit, thereby resulting in a hung jury. The law would mean nothing to you.



That post shows high hatred towards gays and lesbians. There would be a good many of them waiting in line to broadcast their Sunday punches to you.


Willie - sorry to see you hate people of colour so much
garysher is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues > Bullying

Tags
bully, clementi, racist, tyler



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bob is a racist Bookworm Racism 89 September 3rd, 2012 09:20 PM
Obama’S Campaign Bully Brigade Rides Again Tony Perkins Politicians 1 March 2nd, 2012 03:15 PM
Is this racist 2 fxashun Racism 2 July 28th, 2009 05:30 PM
Is this racist? fxashun Racism 156 July 24th, 2009 03:23 PM
Homosexual bully tactics backfire in San Diego garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 54 August 1st, 2008 01:06 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.