Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues > Bullying

Bullying Until recently, Bullying has been identified as a major concern in our Society.


Thanks Tree17Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 8th, 2018, 12:24 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,543
To get a grasp of what hate speech is, read any trumper on President Obama, if you can guess that he is the man being given the silly names. It is pure spite uncontaminated by any touch of reason or decency.
iolo is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 12:25 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
That would be exactly the POINT !!! To you ?? Maybe so. To me, distasteful but less so. WHO get's to decide ?? Either ALL of our speech is protected, or none of it is.

You don't like the players taking a knee ?? Don't watch of attend an NFL game.

Don't want to see a flag burned ?? Don't attend whatever gathering it will take place or support the people involved.

Neither you nor I are under any obligation to attend, listen to or support any one we disagree with. Like wise we are free to do so for those people or groups we do support.

BUT !!!!!!!! The instant the government starts defining "exceptions" to free speech, we will only be a few years away from the next Nazi Germany, Soviet Union, or take your pick of any number of south American and/or African banana republics. Societies in which opposition voices are routinely extinguished and dictatorial rule become the norm. That would be such a terrible end to a nation that was in fact created by those same opposition voices !! King George called them traitors and insurgents. WE call them our founding fathers.

Even if you vehemently disagree with them, when someone stands up and says "I OBJECT !!!!" They really are being THE VERY BEST KIND OF AMERICAN.
I think we agree on this......But.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Neither you nor I are under any obligation to attend, listen to or support any one we disagree with. Like wise we are free to do so for those people or groups we do support.
Tell that to the Pastry Chef who would not make a cake for a gay couple
Jimgorn is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 12:27 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 7,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by iolo View Post
To get a grasp of what hate speech is, read any trumper on President Obama, if you can guess that he is the man being given the silly names. It is pure spite uncontaminated by any touch of reason or decency.
Or anyone afflicted with TDS and what the call Trump and his supporters....so what's your point.....Political speech should be banned if it derides some politician....I don't think so.....
Jimgorn is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 12:43 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Or anyone afflicted with TDS and what the call Trump and his supporters....so what's your point.....Political speech should be banned if it derides some politician....I don't think so.....
It's the question of reason that matters, I think. There are always legitimate criticisms to be made, but in this case, first, the obsession with the past constantly suggest that Mr Obama is still in office, and the accusations have no conceivable factual basis, are supported by no evidence, and go on and on and on.
iolo is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 01:06 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
I think we agree on this......But.....

Tell that to the Pastry Chef who would not make a cake for a gay couple

Taking MONEY from someone in exchange for a product or service you produce is NOT supporting that person or group.

Is Greyhound guilty of "supporting white supremacists" because some of them rode to Charlottesville on their busses ??

Is Chrysler likewise guilty because one of their cars was used to mow down the counter protesters and kill that woman ??

Are Smith & Wesson or Colt "supporting criminals" because their guns were used in a crime ?

If there is a company you really hate because of their business practices or political activities, is the wait staff for a party that company is throwing "supporting" that company's actions ??

Supplying a product or service to an end user is in no way "supporting" that users agenda. The exception would be if you KNOW that your product or service is going to be MISUSED in an ILLEGAL manner. If some one walks into a Feed and Seed store and buys 5 lbs of ammonium nitrate, you are not going to think bomb maker.

However, if someone that hasn't done business there before walks in and wants to pay cash for 500 lbs of the stuff OK BIG RED FLAGS !! If you go wink wink nod nod, sign right here Mr Karl Marx, then and only then does the business owner become culpable.

Also, the state in which the pastry shop operates had anti-discrimination laws on the books when they opened the business. The owners CHOSE to make their religion THE point of contention. They could have asked for the dates of the wedding and simply said I'm SOO sorry we are already booked solid for that entire month have you checked with bakery Y ?? Even if the gay couple suspected they were being turned away, they HAD NO PROOF and none of us would have ever heard of the case. No, in this case the owners clearly CHOSE to make their religion THE point of contention and in doing so HANDED the couple the proof on a silver platter.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 01:20 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Or anyone afflicted with TDS and what the call Trump and his supporters....so what's your point.....Political speech should be banned if it derides some politician....I don't think so.....
When it come to Trump I don't have free speech issues with his supporters, even if I do think some of them are seriously deranged.

Trump himself is another matter.

Quote:
"With all of the Fake News coming out of NBC and the Networks, at what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!" Mr Trump wrote in a tweet.
Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him | The Independent

Just because HE thinks it's fake news doesn't make it so. Criticizing or questioning the president is practically a national pass time in this country. Always has been.

That he would say something like this demonstrates a fundamental LACK of knowledge about the country he's been elected to run and especially the first amendment.

Like I said in my other post. The day we start using the power of the government to silence the opposition voice we start down the same road the Nazi's and Marxist have traveled.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 02:33 PM   #27
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
When it come to Trump I don't have free speech issues with his supporters, even if I do think some of them are seriously deranged.

Trump himself is another matter.



Donald Trump threatens to shut down NBC and other TV news networks that criticise him | The Independent

Just because HE thinks it's fake news doesn't make it so. Criticizing or questioning the president is practically a national pass time in this country. Always has been.

That he would say something like this demonstrates a fundamental LACK of knowledge about the country he's been elected to run and especially the first amendment.

Like I said in my other post. The day we start using the power of the government to silence the opposition voice we start down the same road the Nazi's and Marxist have traveled.
No, he threatened “News” organizations that lie.
webguy4 is online now  
Old January 8th, 2018, 02:56 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,744
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
No, he threatened “News” organizations that lie.
IF he can actually PROVE a lie in a court of law, I'm all for him filing a suit and preceding to do so. And if he can prove multiple lies over some period of time in, other words show a pattern, then he'd certainly have the basis for a formal complaint to the FCC who could then consider punitive actions against the networks.

But the president threatening to use the power of the federal government to go after their very existence because HE doesn't like what they're saying about him is a YUGE first amendment violation.

Frankly given the shear volume of "alternative facts" floating around I'm surprised more politicians haven't started filing defamation suits.

Had I been Roy Moore and if I KNEW I was innocent, HELL YES. The VERY next day after each of those women came forward, my lawyer would have been holding a presser on the court house steps talking about the defamation suits.

On a side note the home of one of his accusers mysteriously burned down a few days ago. No one was home and it's being investigated as arson but no results yet.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 03:07 PM   #29
M(A)GA
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 24,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
Taking MONEY from someone in exchange for a product or service you produce is NOT supporting that person or group.

Is Greyhound guilty of "supporting white supremacists" because some of them rode to Charlottesville on their busses ??

Is Chrysler likewise guilty because one of their cars was used to mow down the counter protesters and kill that woman ??

Are Smith & Wesson or Colt "supporting criminals" because their guns were used in a crime ?

If there is a company you really hate because of their business practices or political activities, is the wait staff for a party that company is throwing "supporting" that company's actions ??

Supplying a product or service to an end user is in no way "supporting" that users agenda. The exception would be if you KNOW that your product or service is going to be MISUSED in an ILLEGAL manner. If some one walks into a Feed and Seed store and buys 5 lbs of ammonium nitrate, you are not going to think bomb maker.

However, if someone that hasn't done business there before walks in and wants to pay cash for 500 lbs of the stuff OK BIG RED FLAGS !! If you go wink wink nod nod, sign right here Mr Karl Marx, then and only then does the business owner become culpable.

Also, the state in which the pastry shop operates had anti-discrimination laws on the books when they opened the business. The owners CHOSE to make their religion THE point of contention. They could have asked for the dates of the wedding and simply said I'm SOO sorry we are already booked solid for that entire month have you checked with bakery Y ?? Even if the gay couple suspected they were being turned away, they HAD NO PROOF and none of us would have ever heard of the case. No, in this case the owners clearly CHOSE to make their religion THE point of contention and in doing so HANDED the couple the proof on a silver platter.


Say you write speeches for a living. I hire you to write a speech for me. The subject was how homosexuality is an abomination and should be made a criminal offense punishable by death. Shoud the state compel you to write that speech?
Thanks from webguy4, guy39 and Jimgorn
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 8th, 2018, 03:24 PM   #30
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 34,645
anything that says anything that is in disagreement from what a Liberal snowflake indoctrinated into believing.,
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Social Issues > Bullying

Tags
hate, speech



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Free Speech vs Hate Speech webguy4 Americas 18 September 17th, 2017 03:31 PM
Hate Speech or Free Speech? Sabcat Freedom of Speech 27 December 10th, 2016 12:52 PM
Hate Speech webguy4 Freedom of Speech 45 September 30th, 2016 03:04 PM
hate speech Sabcat Political Talk 4 July 26th, 2016 10:02 AM
Right wing nutjob hate speech GhostRider Americas 18 July 17th, 2016 04:09 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.