Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Business & Industries

Business & Industries Discuss things going on in the corporate world, individual companies and corporate practices.


Thanks Tree23Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2014, 10:09 PM   #21
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 31,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
Which is what OPEC intends in the attempt to stop more fracking. Fracking is not cheap, OPEC knows this, thus their plan.

We need to use every means at our disposal to protect domestic oil and NG development and not allow OPEC to undercut prices. That is OPEC's gameplan. Do we have a gameplan? Is Obama President?

Time for America to tell the world to go to hell, time we put ourselves ahead of everyone else.
Can you propose any justification whatsoever the US could possibly pretend to forward for attempting to force OPEC countries to cut back on their production rates? And if you could, why wouldn't it be equally valid for OPEC to expect the US to cut back on its production at OPEC's decree?

This has to be the pinnacle of ODS.
Thanks from waitingtables and imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old November 27th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #22
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
I never specified any such thing. So your conclusion is all wet.

There are other avenues open, such as tariffs on imported oil. While low prices are usually the best, allowing the domestic fracking industry to be destroyed by OPEC, which is their goal, that is far worse than higher prices. Far worse. The OPEC nations can all go to hell, and we have the potential to tell them that within our grasp.

The term "ODS" is meaningless claptrap. And only those who voted for, or support Obama, use it. This is about America, not GW [who hasn't been President since noon January 20, 2009], and since we have only one President at a time, it is on Obama to protect a nascent industry, an industry that he loathes.



Last edited by excalibur; November 27th, 2014 at 10:18 PM.
excalibur is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 02:10 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Hey, maybe OPEC is running scared. IMO, if they keep prices low enough for long enough...it'll hurt up and coming energy paradigms. It won't be worth the investment risks.

Government needs to fight back with a tax moratorium on certain results from energy R&D.....

And the Left needs to lay off the people that get rich from this, too.........

That'll do it.
Tony is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 07:27 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Remember 2007 and 8 (Democrats said We cannot drill baby Drill) because it will take 5 years for production to be developed.

THIS PRODUCTION IS FROM WELLS THAT WERE STARTED UP WHEN BUSH WAS PRESIDENT..

oops
Every time I see this right-wing misrepresentation of reality, I'll correct it.

Reagan signed into law the initial offshore leasing bans. Look it up. Not only that, but the leasing ban required reauthorization by every new congress. What that means is, while in the 2000s ignorant right-wingers were wailing over the Ds roadblocking offshore leasing, R congresses were reauthorizing the ban.

GHW Bush issued a presidential executive order in 1990, an order which banned offshore oil exploration, an executive order than GW could have rescinded with the stroke of a pen. However, he didn't rescind Dad's EO as the Rs were lamenting how the Ds were roadblocking offshore oil exploration and production.

Better examples of hypocrisy are hard to imagine.

The 2008 Democratic Congress refused to reauthorize the oil leasing ban, which had been reauthorized by the last Republican Congress, and in 2008 with $4.75/gal gasoline, GW lifted his father's exploration ban, with Palin cheerleading "Drill baby, drill."

Life often is stranger than fiction.

Now, a trip to Conspiracyland....

Reagan and GHW were caving to the Saudis, throwing hurdles in the way of increased US production. And GW did likewise.

The Bushes and the Saudis are pretty good buddies....



Oooops
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 07:59 AM   #25
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Every time I see this right-wing misrepresentation of reality, I'll correct it.

Reagan signed into law the initial offshore leasing bans. Look it up. Not only that, but the leasing ban required reauthorization by every new congress. What that means is, while in the 2000s ignorant right-wingers were wailing over the Ds roadblocking offshore leasing, R congresses were reauthorizing the ban.

GHW Bush issued a presidential executive order in 1990, an order which banned offshore oil exploration, an executive order than GW could have rescinded with the stroke of a pen. However, he didn't rescind Dad's EO as the Rs were lamenting how the Ds were roadblocking offshore oil exploration and production.

Better examples of hypocrisy are hard to imagine.

The 2008 Democratic Congress refused to reauthorize the oil leasing ban, which had been reauthorized by the last Republican Congress, and in 2008 with $4.75/gal gasoline, GW lifted his father's exploration ban, with Palin cheerleading "Drill baby, drill."

Life often is stranger than fiction.

Now, a trip to Conspiracyland....

Reagan and GHW were caving to the Saudis, throwing hurdles in the way of increased US production. And GW did likewise.

The Bushes and the Saudis are pretty good buddies....



Oooops
And the actions of 2008 has began the start of the the domestic oil boom we have today.
Much of the production is from private lands which was not effected by the ban.

The wells and fracking ect began after the 2008 action started producing much of our domestic oil today.


Yes they are good buddies..

Last edited by TNVolunteer73; November 28th, 2014 at 08:01 AM.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #26
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: omaha
Posts: 2,109
The current boom has nothing to do with Obama or Dems, OR Repubs.

It's all due to private enterprise.

I find it humorous (sad really) that people like skews root against American's in this.

The boom has caused more GASP competition resulting in lower prices....

Wait.....that's CAPITALISM!!!!!!
Thanks from coke
antares is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:37 AM   #27
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by antares View Post
The current boom has nothing to do with Obama or Dems, OR Repubs.

It's all due to private enterprise.

I find it humorous (sad really) that people like skews root against American's in this.

The boom has caused more GASP competition resulting in lower prices....

Wait.....that's CAPITALISM!!!!!!
True, private industry is the risk taker.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:42 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
Which is what OPEC intends in the attempt to stop more fracking. Fracking is not cheap, OPEC knows this, thus their plan.

We need to use every means at our disposal to protect domestic oil and NG development and not allow OPEC to undercut prices. That is OPEC's gameplan. Do we have a gameplan? Is Obama President?

Time for America to tell the world to go to hell, time we put ourselves ahead of everyone else.


Can you propose any justification whatsoever the US could possibly pretend to forward for attempting to force OPEC countries to cut back on their production rates? And if you could, why wouldn't it be equally valid for OPEC to expect the US to cut back on its production at OPEC's decree?

This has to be the pinnacle of ODS.
Indeed. Obama in his state of the Union speech HAILED fracking, called fracked natural gas a "bridge" to our clean-energy future.

Can you imagine how quickly the tune would change if tomorrow Obama announced tariffs on imported oil?

"My dear fellow Americans, I know you're enjoying the $2.70/gal gas at the pump, but it's time to put an end to this reckless adventure. Today, I plan to propose a tariff on all imported oil, which will result in across-the-board higher energy costs for everyone. I know this will be an unpopular move, but trust me: Higher energy prices are for your own good...."
Thanks from waitingtables and RNG
imaginethat is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:45 AM   #29
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: omaha
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Indeed. Obama in his state of the Union speech HAILED fracking, called fracked natural gas a "bridge" to our clean-energy future.

Can you imagine how quickly the tune would change if tomorrow Obama announced tariffs on imported oil?

"My dear fellow Americans, I know you're enjoying the $2.70/gal gas at the pump, but it's time to put an end to this reckless adventure. Today, I plan to propose a tariff on all imported oil, which will result in across-the-board higher energy costs for everyone. I know this will be an unpopular move, but trust me: Higher energy prices are for your own good...."
He already did that with coal.
antares is offline  
Old November 28th, 2014, 08:59 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
And the actions of 2008 has began the start of the the domestic oil boom we have today.
Much of the production is from private lands which was not effected by the ban.

The wells and fracking ect began after the 2008 action started producing much of our domestic oil today.


Yes they are good buddies..
You're missing the point.

Drill baby, drill could have begun with GW's lifting of his father's executive order banning offshore exploration on INAUGURATION DAY 2001. Yes a Republican could have lifted the ban imposed by a Republican, and all those vast untapped oilfields that Republicans always say Democrats are blocking could have been developed during a Republican presidency.

Moreover, a Republican Congress under a Republican president could have allowed the resumption of offshore leasing way before 2008.

That's the point. No Republican can accuse Democrats of standing in the way of drill baby, drill, without the charge of "Hypocrisy" being made and sticking to the accuser.
Thanks from waitingtables
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Business & Industries

Tags
leaves, oil, opec, output, plunge, prices, stable



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
When an American leaves the Plantation Panther Racism 6 October 8th, 2014 10:18 PM
Liberia begins the long plunge hoosier88 Current Events 17 August 9th, 2014 06:08 AM
(FAUX Noise) Stable Of Bubbleheads; GROWTH! Medicine Man Current Events 3 March 19th, 2014 01:17 PM
Ice Sheets May Be More Stable Then Thought excalibur Current Events 125 June 6th, 2013 03:12 AM
Bloomberg leaves GOP CNN Current Events 3 June 20th, 2007 01:58 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.