Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Business & Industries

Business & Industries Discuss things going on in the corporate world, individual companies and corporate practices.


Thanks Tree4Thanks
  • 2 Post By RNG
  • 1 Post By intangible child
  • 1 Post By RNG
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2015, 03:15 PM   #1
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
WalMart in China

I can just see the political forums on the Chinese internet arguing in a left vs right basis about corporate freedom vs EvilBigBusiness killing the mom and pop stores. I love it.

I wonder who's imports they will blame for job losses, India?

Quote:
Walmart to open 115 stores in China

The world's biggest retailer, Walmart, plans to open 115 new stores in China by 2017, the company says.
The move would increase the number of its stores in the world's second largest economy by almost a third.
"Our aim is to become an integral part of China's economy," chief executive Doug McMillon said at a news conference in Beijing on Wednesday.

The push for expansion in China comes as the Asian giant's growth continues to slow.

In February, Walmart said its net sales in China fell 0.7% for the three months to January from a year ago.
The new stores would open in major cities such as Shanghai, Shenzhen and Wuhan from this year and create 30,000 more jobs, the company said. It also plans to spend $60m (£39m) to remodel more than 50 stores this year.

Walmart currently has 411 stores in China, according to its annual report.

-~-
Walmart to open 115 stores in China - BBC News
Thanks from Camelot and LongWinded
RNG is offline  
Old April 29th, 2015, 03:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Can China's tax payers handle more? The U.S. cant!



Thanks from LongWinded
intangible child is offline  
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I can just see the political forums on the Chinese internet arguing in a left vs right basis about corporate freedom vs EvilBigBusiness killing the mom and pop stores. I love it.

I wonder who's imports they will blame for job losses, India?

Walmart to open 115 stores in China - BBC News
I think the argument would focus more on the evils of western capitalism.
LongWinded is offline  
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:04 PM   #4
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
I think the argument would focus more on the evils of western capitalism.
Interesting since China is more capitalist than the US right now.
RNG is offline  
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:28 PM   #5
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Interesting since China is more capitalist than the US right now.
Everyone on the Left seems to be down on TPP trade agreement being negotiated despite not knowing what's in it yet. I'm holding my judgement until more is known. But, this is my concern RNG. Manufacturing jobs in the U.S. will find it tough to compete with China and India until their wages start to inflate. And, labor costs in those two countries have started to inflate. I worry that American corporations will just move on to countries like Viet Nam in search of lower wages thereby further putting off the time in which our manufacturing labor is competitive again. Your thoughts ?
Camelot is offline  
Old April 29th, 2015, 04:43 PM   #6
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Everyone on the Left seems to be down on TPP trade agreement being negotiated despite not knowing what's in it yet. I'm holding my judgement until more is known. But, this is my concern RNG. Manufacturing jobs in the U.S. will find it tough to compete with China and India until their wages start to inflate. And, labor costs in those two countries have started to inflate. I worry that American corporations will just move on to countries like Viet Nam in search of lower wages thereby further putting off the time in which our manufacturing labor is competitive again. Your thoughts ?
About six months ago I saw an article and made a post with a link to it in some thread. The post was about Chinese jobs being off-shored from China to Indonesia, and the similar outcry occurring there.

And around we go.
Thanks from Camelot
RNG is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Business & Industries

Tags
china, walmart



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WalMart the Good RNG Current Events 33 February 20th, 2015 05:19 PM
Obama's ambassador to China nominee, Max Baucus, on China: "I'm no real expert on Chi guy39 Current Events 2 February 1st, 2014 10:41 AM
A Brief History of Walmart intangible child Business & Industries 0 December 21st, 2013 12:11 PM
Feds Won't Stop Walmart Black Friday Strike, Walmart Threatens Firings skews13 Current Events 28 November 26th, 2012 02:17 PM
Man Smashes 29 TVs At Ga. WalMart Dude111 Crime and Punishment 8 February 14th, 2010 07:50 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.