Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Business & Industries

Business & Industries Discuss things going on in the corporate world, individual companies and corporate practices.


Thanks Tree3Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2016, 02:49 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,264
General Electric moves HQ to Boston

General Electric is moving their headquarters to from Fairfield, Connecticut to Boston.
Boston was chosen over New York, Atlanta , Providence.
The company cited the 55 top research universities in the Greater Boston area.

Apparently, the low taxes offered by Kansas were not a big draw.....
Thanks from LongWinded
goober is offline  
Old January 15th, 2016, 11:35 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
General Electric is moving their headquarters to from Fairfield, Connecticut to Boston.
Boston was chosen over New York, Atlanta , Providence.
The company cited the 55 top research universities in the Greater Boston area.

Apparently, the low taxes offered by Kansas were not a big draw.....
Given the level of intelligence of the people there "educated" in the last 30 years I'd have to say "duh".
LongWinded is offline  
Old January 15th, 2016, 11:58 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
General Electric moved because of the two tax increases.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old January 16th, 2016, 04:26 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
General Electric moved because of the two tax increases.
So they moved to avoid taxes, and they picked Boston....
Thanks from Camelot
goober is offline  
Old January 16th, 2016, 04:29 PM   #5
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
So they moved to avoid taxes, and they picked Boston....
JamesB is having a rough night. Why didn't GE move to the toothless South ? Because Boston has 55 higher learning facilities. You know, that fancy book learnin' stuff again.
Camelot is offline  
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:04 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 12,019
Ted Kennedy started the Big Dig in Boston which went many times over budget. When the Big Dig was finally finished it started falling apart. Some McDonalds in Massachusetts require employees working the cash register to have a four year college degree. hmm
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:19 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 11,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
Ted Kennedy started the Big Dig in Boston which went many times over budget. When the Big Dig was finally finished it started falling apart. Some McDonalds in Massachusetts require employees working the cash register to have a four year college degree. hmm
The Big Dig was run by Bechtel, that was the deal, Reagan would back the deal if Bechtel managed it, 5 members of Reagan's cabinet came from Bechtel.
Thanks from Camelot
goober is offline  
Old January 16th, 2016, 05:48 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 12,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
The Big Dig was run by Bechtel, that was the deal, Reagan would back the deal if Bechtel managed it, 5 members of Reagan's cabinet came from Bechtel.
The Big Dig was Ted Kennedy's baby and it only took a few days after opened before a woman was driving to work when a part of the top of the tunnel fell on her car, killing her and totaling her car.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old January 16th, 2016, 06:01 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
So they moved to avoid taxes, and they picked Boston....
Your point?
Jimmyb is offline  
Old January 16th, 2016, 06:02 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
JamesB is having a rough night. Why didn't GE move to the toothless South ? Because Boston has 55 higher learning facilities. You know, that fancy book learnin' stuff again.
Camelot just cannot help lying.
Jimmyb is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Money and Finance > Business & Industries

Tags
boston, electric, general, moves



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If You Like Your Electric Rates You Can Keep Them excalibur Current Events 29 November 26th, 2013 06:10 AM
Electric-cars intangible child Business & Industries 2 June 3rd, 2009 09:58 AM
Electric Car - What if you crash? RidinHighSpeeds Science and Technology 10 September 15th, 2008 05:03 PM
Got to see these electric cars tyreay Environment 5 May 10th, 2007 06:47 PM
General Electric: Theater Lucidthots Conspiracy Theories 3 July 15th, 2006 06:30 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.