Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion > Christianity


Thanks Tree7Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2015, 09:01 AM   #1
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,828
Pope Francis Just Keeps Giving

From CNN

Quote:
Pope Francis today reformed the process by which Catholics may annul their marriages.

The three main changes are:

Eliminating a second review by a cleric before a marriage can be nullified.

Giving bishops the ability to fast-track and grant the annulments themselves in certain circumstances -- for example, when spousal abuse or an extramarital affair has occurred.

Making the process free, except for a nominal fee for administrative costs.

Get complete coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN Mobile.
And some more details at Pope Francis makes it easier for Catholics to remarry - BBC News
RNG is offline  
Old September 8th, 2015, 09:14 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Maybe he's decided it's best to be real about life and keep the flock,than to make unbearable demands on the flock and lose them.
LongWinded is offline  
Old September 8th, 2015, 09:35 AM   #3
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Maybe he's decided it's best to be real about life and keep the flock,than to make unbearable demands on the flock and lose them.
I have long said that the Chinese ruling committee and the Catholic church have both played the willow as opposed to the oak much to perfection. The Chinese not so much recently perhaps, allowing faster reform. But both have been very reactionary but giving just enough to not incur rebellion.

And the Catholic church has much more practice at it.
Thanks from LongWinded
RNG is offline  
Old September 8th, 2015, 09:36 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I have long said that the Chinese ruling committee and the Catholic church have both played the willow as opposed to the oak much to perfection. The Chinese not so much recently perhaps, allowing faster reform. But both have been very reactionary but giving just enough to not incur rebellion.

And the Catholic church has much more practice at it.
So true. And I think we can keep an eye on the Baptist who will swing equally to the left to keep members, as those who are tired of the hatred and fear leave the congregations and all that's sitting in the pews are old people the church has life insurance policies on.
LongWinded is offline  
Old September 12th, 2015, 02:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
dusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: north east usa
Posts: 3,936
the roman catholic church is the one only true
apostolic church created by god himself

other churches are those that left the trur
church and made there own.
that is what is calld religion.. more then one truth when only one is true
more then one church or faith when only one is true..
the one true church was basterdize. by all the untruth.
so now each of us go to a given church or faith
because its chosen over the old thuths.
now we got new bibles that are half thuth. where every
other church can use it.
and no one here don't know what there talking about..
you come up with cachey clever answers to put down
what is realy true. I see this in this whole forum.
bunch of scribes
dusty is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2015, 07:23 AM   #6
Jesus is the truth
 
dadmansabode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
the roman catholic church is the one only true apostolic church created by god himself other churches are those that left the trur church and made there own that is what is calld religion.. more then one truth when only one is true more then one church or faith when only one is true the one true church was basterdize. by all the untruth so now each of us go to a given church or faith because its chosen over the old thuths now we got new bibles that are half thuth. where every other church can use it and no one here don't know what there talking about you come up with cachey clever answers to put down what is realy true I see this in this whole forum bunch of scribes n stuff


Praying to Mary .. celebrating the Mass .. venerating the Pope . . .
you won’t find those doctrines in the Bible .. And yet more than one billion Roman Catholics throughout the world follow such practices
in line with the official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church . . .With that many Catholics around the globe ..
it’s likely you know some of them as relatives .. friends .. neighbors .. or co-workers . . . Find out what they don’t know ..
the origin and error of Catholic doctrine .. so you can help the Catholics you know out of the darkness and into the light




The Scandal of the Catholic Priesthood
The Pope and the Papacy
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: An Overview
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: Part 1
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: Part 2
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: What the Bible Says
Explaining the Heresy of the Catholic Mass 1
Explaining the Heresy of the Catholic Mass 2

Last edited by dadmansabode; September 23rd, 2015 at 07:41 AM.
dadmansabode is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2015, 08:28 AM   #7
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmansabode View Post


Praying to Mary .. celebrating the Mass .. venerating the Pope . . .
you wonít find those doctrines in the Bible .. And yet more than one billion Roman Catholics throughout the world follow such practices
in line with the official teaching of the Roman Catholic Church . . .With that many Catholics around the globe ..
itís likely you know some of them as relatives .. friends .. neighbors .. or co-workers . . . Find out what they donít know ..
the origin and error of Catholic doctrine .. so you can help the Catholics you know out of the darkness and into the light




The Scandal of the Catholic Priesthood
The Pope and the Papacy
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: An Overview
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: Part 1
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: Part 2
The Idolatry of Mary Worship: What the Bible Says
Explaining the Heresy of the Catholic Mass 1
Explaining the Heresy of the Catholic Mass 2
Because only your cult is the right cult.
Thanks from Sabcat
RNG is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:13 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmansabode View Post
[url=http://dadmansabode.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=768#p768]

Baptist ministers are creating quite a long list of hiding their pedophiles and making money "rehabilitating" pedophiles they put in their communities and don't tell the citizens about. IN addition, look at the Duggars. I'm quite sure the oldest boy isn't the only one to molest his sisters.
Thanks from Sabcat
LongWinded is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:18 AM   #9
Jesus is the truth
 
dadmansabode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Baptist ministers are creating quite a long list of hiding their pedophiles and making money "rehabilitating" pedophiles they put in their communities and don't tell the citizens about. IN addition, look at the Duggars. I'm quite sure the oldest boy isn't the only one to molest his sisters.
lol .... your Eternal Salvation / Damnation does not "pivot" on "Baptist ministers" lol .........
when you stand before the creater of the Universe ..
I doubt the conversation will be about someone elses' sins


272005 man's last day in God's court .. part 1 of 3 .. Biblia.com .. gty.org .. Recorded Nov 20 1994

272006 man's last day in God's court .. part 2 of 3 .. Biblia.com .. gty.org .. Recorded Nov 27 1994

272007 man's last day in God's court .. part 3 of 3 .. Biblia.com .. gty.org .. Recorded Dec 11 1994

REVELATION
20:11 ..
then I saw a great white throne and him who sat upon it .. from whose presence earth and heaven fled away ..
.......... and no place was found for them
20:12 .. and I saw the dead .. the great and the small .. standing before the throne .. and books were opened ..
.......... and another book was opened .. which is the book of life .. and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books ..
.......... according to their deeds
20:13 .. and the sea gave up the dead which were in it .. and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them ..
.......... and they were judged .. every one of them according to their deeds
20:14 .. then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire .. this is the second death .. the lake of fire
20:15 .. and if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life .. he was thrown into the lake of fire



Last edited by dadmansabode; September 23rd, 2015 at 10:21 AM.
dadmansabode is offline  
Old September 23rd, 2015, 10:21 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadmansabode View Post
lol .... your Eternal Salvation / Damnation does not "pivot" on "Baptist ministers" lol .........
when you stand before the creater of the Universe ..
I doubt the conversation will be about someone elses' sins

There is no creator. There is not god. There is no sin. There is just being born and dying. What you do in between is your life.

Keep your mind in that psychotic state of forcing your voices in your head onto others and those more important moments when statements like above demonstrates YOUR desire to BE that god.
Thanks from Sabcat
LongWinded is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Philosophy and Religion > Religion > Christianity

Tags
francis, giving, pope



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pope Francis say Inside Every Christian Is A Jew Peter Forsberg Religion 16 June 24th, 2014 07:11 AM
Readout of the Presidentís Audience with His Holiness Pope Francis The White House The White House 0 March 27th, 2014 10:40 AM
Pope Francis Urges ...... excalibur Current Events 17 January 2nd, 2014 08:11 AM
Pope Francis Strafes Libertarian Economics waitingtables Current Events 27 November 27th, 2013 10:42 AM
Statement from the President on His Holiness Pope Francis The White House The White House 0 March 13th, 2013 01:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.