Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree26Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,346
Why Religious Freedom Day Is A Nightmare For The Religious Right

It was the recent memory of abuses like the torture of Baptist ministers that helped to create the political moment that made Virginia the first government in the history of the world to self-impose complete religious freedom and equality. The statute effectively disestablished the Anglican Church as the state church of Virginia, curtailing its extraordinary powers and privileges. It also decreed that citizens are free to believe as they will and in the key phrase of the legislation, that this “shall in no wise diminish, enlarge, or affect their civil capacities.”

Put another way, one’s religious identity was irrelevant to one’s standing as a citizen. Counting neither for or against you.

Even late in life, when he was writing his autobiography, Jefferson wanted to make sure that no one would later be able to reinterpret the intent of the legislation. He wrote that the legislature had rejected a suggested reference to “Jesus Christ,” and that this proved that the legislation sought to protect, as he put it, “the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mahometan, the Hindoo, and infidel of every denomination.”

Historians as well as Supreme Court justices widely regard it as the root of how the framers of the Constitution (and later the First Amendment) approached matters of religion and government.


Why Religious Freedom Day is a Nightmare for the Christian Right
skews13 is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 08:04 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: upnorth
Posts: 1,488
Will people be allowed to publicly expose Talmudism?
Pilgrim is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 08:53 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtwain View Post
It is well known how faithful Christians are treated in the United States of America. Sufficient to look how Westboro Baptist church was treated by the United States of America and by the American people: they were beaten bloody, shot at, bombed with IEDs, raided by the police, that broke their doors and windows, prosecuted in courts under frivolous charges....
OHHHH You have picked the absolute worst possible example to proclaim "Christian persecution".

The Westboro's are fanatics in the most extreme. If they were Muslims they'd be chopping the heads off people. They have NOT been ill treated for their religious beliefs. They have been COUNTER PROTESTED by decent honest God fearing Christians, not to mention just about every other religion in this country, because they chose THE SINGLE MOST INSENSITIVE, REPREHENSIBLE and down right UN-AMERICAN venue in which to carry out their protests.

I was NEVER more proud of my late father than the day I found out he was a member of the Patriot Riders. That's the motorcycle that escort the funeral processions and shields the family from the Westboro whack jobs. I was very upset I couldn't attend a local counter protest when they came to my town. But the patriot riders, several other churches and several dozen local pagans all showed up. They stood shoulder to shoulder, linked arms and starting singing Amazing Grace as they marched across the park the Westboros had chosen. By the time the funeral came by, the westies were well corralled and behind a building so the family of the fallen soldier never saw them. I hate that I missed it.

They are Godless, Soulless, Satan's spawn straight from the bowels of hell who have ZERO KNOWLEDGE of the teachings of Jesus. If he were to appear before them in their church, they'd hit him with their "God hates fags" signs and drive him into the street.

The fact that you support them and think them ill treated tells us everything we will ever need to know about you.
Thanks from Hollywood

Last edited by imaginethat; January 16th, 2017 at 08:00 AM.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 10:26 AM   #4
Banned
 
fdtwain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
OHHHH You have picked the absolute worst possible example to proclaim "Christian persecution".

The Westboro's are fanatics in the most extreme. If they were Muslims they'd be chopping the heads off people. They have NOT been ill treated for their religious beliefs. They have been COUNTER PROTESTED by decent honest God fearing Christians, not to mention just about every other religion in this country, because they chose THE SINGLE MOST INSENSITIVE, REPREHENSIBLE and down right UN-AMERICAN venue in which to carry out their protests.

They are Godless, Soulless, Satan's spawn straight from the bowels of hell who have ZERO KNOWLEDGE of the teachings of Jesus. If he were to appear before them in their church, they'd hit him with their "God hates fags" signs and drive him into the street.

The fact that you support them and think them ill treated tells us everything we will ever need to know about you.
The fact that you blaspheme and try to justify persecution of faithful Christians solely on the grounds of their political and religious opinion demonstrates that you are a consciously evil anti-christian man: shame on you.

BTW blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, that is ascribing deeds of God to the devil, is unforgivable sin (Matthew 12:31-32).
fdtwain is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 10:36 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtwain View Post
The fact that you blaspheme and try to justify persecution of faithful Christians solely on the grounds of their political and religious opinion demonstrates that you are a consciously evil anti-christian man: shame on you.

BTW blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, that is ascribing deeds of God to the devil, is unforgivable sin (Matthew 12:31-32).

The people of the Westboro Baptist church are EVIL. Pure, unmitigated, unadulterated, unapologetic, EVIL. They're also crazy, absolutely brainwashed, bat shit, bonkers crazy.

Any REAL Christian recognizes them for exactly what they are. It's not the police, or the pagans that oppose them the most. IT'S REAL CHRISTIANS !!!!

They will burn in hell and so will you !!!

I say to you that many will come from the east and the west to share the banquet with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Mark 8: - 11 & 12
Thanks from Hollywood

Last edited by BubbaJones; January 15th, 2017 at 10:39 AM.
BubbaJones is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:02 AM   #6
Banned
 
fdtwain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
The people of the Westboro Baptist church are EVIL. Pure, unmitigated, unadulterated, unapologetic, EVIL. They're also crazy, absolutely brainwashed, bat shit, bonkers crazy.

Any REAL Christian recognizes them for exactly what they are. It's not the police, or the pagans that oppose them the most. IT'S REAL CHRISTIANS !!!!

They will burn in hell and so will you !!!

I say to you that many will come from the east and the west to share the banquet with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven. But the sons of the kingdom will be cast into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”

Mark 8: - 11 & 12
You are a foolish liar with zero knowledge of the Holy Bible.

My humble person, just and non-hypocritical judge of law and equity, judges every man and every woman exclusively of his or her deeds, as every God and every god does.

Who are seed of the devil: dogs, hogs, devils, goats, tares.

A dog in human form is a two-leggish creature – a male doer of the abominable deeds of sexual perversions (homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13), lesbianism (Leviticus 20:13), bestiality (Leviticus 20:15), incest (Leviticus 20:11-17), pedophilia (sexual relations with girls below 12 years of age) (Leviticus 20:2-3, Matthew 18:6)), abominations (child murders (abortions) (Leviticus 20:2-3, Exodus 21:22-25), change of gender (Book of Enoch, section XVII, chapter 86; section II, chapter 10), cannibalism (Book of Enoch, section II, chapter 7,10), human cloning (Book of Enoch, section XVII, chapter 86; section II, chapter 10), intentional murder (Exodus 21:14), enslavement of men/women (Exodus 21:16) or selling of men/women to slavery (Exodus 21:16), by which he falls below beasts.

A hog in human form is a two-leggish creature – a female doer of the abominable deeds of sexual perversions (homosexuality (Leviticus 20:13), lesbianism (Leviticus 20:13), bestiality (Leviticus 20:15), incest (Leviticus 20:11-17), pedophilia (sexual relations with girls below 12 years of age) (Leviticus 20:2-3, Matthew 18:6)), abominations (child murders (abortions) (Leviticus 20:2-3, Exodus 21:22-25), change of gender (Book of Enoch, section XVII, chapter 86; section II, chapter 10), cannibalism (Book of Enoch, section II, chapter 7,10), human cloning (Book of Enoch, section XVII, chapter 86; section II, chapter 10), intentional murder (Exodus 21:14), enslavement of men/women (Exodus 21:16) or selling of men/women to slavery (Exodus 21:16), by which she falls below beasts.

A goat in human form is a repeated adulterer who engages in sexual intercourse with another man’s wife or divorces his wife, except for the cause of adultery and non-virginity not detected before marriage, and marries another wife, or marries a divorced woman while her husband lives, except the divorce is established for the cause of adultery of her husband (Leviticus 20:10; Matthew 5:32; John 8:7) and a repeated adulteress who engages in sexual intercourse with another woman’s husband or divorces her husband, except for the cause of adultery, and marries another husband, or marries a divorced man while his wife lives, except the divorce is established for the cause of adultery of his wife (Leviticus 20:10; Matthew 5:32; John 8:7).

A devil in human form is a two-leggish male or female creature who forces men and women to worship him or her as a god and forcefully imposes any marks, numbers, writings, microchips upon human skin or inside human body for any reason, for such deeds were done by the devil and other rebellious angels – devils – in the world before the flood, and in the present world these differentiate a devil from all other creatures.

A tare in human form worships anything other than Lord God Jehovah, Lord Jesus Christ, Holy Spirit as a god and receives any marks, numbers, writings, microchips upon human skin or inside human body for any reason (Revelation 14:9-11).

Faithful Christians of Westboro Baptist church did not commit above mentioned abominable deeds and evil deeds, which established that they are of God and the part of the people of God.

BTW Blessed of Holy Name of Lord God Jehovah and Lord Jesus Christ faithful pastor Fred Phelps is in Heaven: he lives in a different galaxy, called new earth and new heaven.

As for you, filthy blasphemer of Holy Spirit, you will indeed end in the lake of fire, burning with brimstone, as your father, the devil:

Revelation 20:10
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever
fdtwain is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:06 AM   #7
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 25,862
I know you can't ban based on stupid, but how about using the second line of his signature. Isn't that enough?
Thanks from Hollywood
RNG is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:20 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdtwain View Post
It is well known how faithful Christians are treated in the United States of America. Sufficient to look how Westboro Baptist church was treated by the United States of America and by the American people: they were beaten bloody, shot at, bombed with IEDs, raided by the police, that broke their doors and windows, prosecuted in courts under frivolous charges....
The people at Westboro Baptist Church are pieces of shit.
Even the Southern Baptist Convention refuses to recognize that pack of barking mad, hate-filled lunatics. Fuck em'.

Last edited by imaginethat; January 16th, 2017 at 08:02 AM.
Hollywood is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:28 AM   #9
Banned
 
fdtwain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I know you can't ban based on stupid, but how about using the second line of his signature. Isn't that enough?
Hatred of objective truth and maniacal desire to silence critics is common to all liars, yourself included.
fdtwain is offline  
Old January 15th, 2017, 11:49 AM   #10
Banned
 
fdtwain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Europe
Posts: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The people at Westboro Baptist Church are pieces of shit.
Even the Southern Baptist Convention refuses to recognize that pack of barking mad, hate-filled lunatics. Fuck em'.
As my humble person often repeats, all American democratic gods are false dunghill gods of Sodom and Gomorrah, that deserve healthy laughter from every reasonable man and woman. Mock them.
fdtwain is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
day, freedom, nightmare, religious



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Conservatives Hijacked 'Religious Freedom' LongWinded Current Events 171 April 8th, 2015 04:44 AM
Religious Freedom Frauds skews13 Current Events 12 June 29th, 2014 02:11 PM
Religious Freedom, Or Discrimination By Another Name skews13 Current Events 20 March 16th, 2014 06:44 AM
Obamacare & Religious Freedom tadpole256 U.S. Federal Policy 42 August 14th, 2012 09:36 AM
Religious Freedom vs Patients' Rights Tirya Abortion 96 August 12th, 2008 06:03 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.