Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree106Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2017, 10:58 AM   #21
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,104
Stating that Sweden is not a socialist country but calling Sweden a social democracy is oxymoronic. Sweden is either transitioning to a full blown socialist society or they are not. Sweden’s government is a parliamentary democracy. If Sweden has a democratic socialism form of government, then the means of production are controlled by the state. The U.S. tried pure socialism once and everyone almost died.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #22
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Stating that Sweden is not a socialist country but calling Sweden a social democracy is oxymoronic. Sweden is either transitioning to a full blown socialist society or they are not. Sweden’s government is a parliamentary democracy. If Sweden has a democratic socialism form of government, then the means of production are controlled by the state. The U.S. tried pure socialism once and everyone almost died.
Using that argument, Venezuela is not a socialist country either.
RNG is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #23
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Using that argument, Venezuela is not a socialist country either.
Venezuela was a perfect example of democratic socialism. This has been happening since 1945. It started to accelerate after Chavez was elected in 1999 and the chavismo revolutionaries abandoned the political process to socialism and started taking total control of the means of production, thus Venezuela's tie-in to the OP.
Thanks from coke
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:14 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 5,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
So you were responding to boogers retarded post, ok. Then why not just post that and save the rest of us your longwinded meaningless blather.


Just like a woman talking to just make sounds never really saying anything of importance


Oh Sabcat.....way to go. Why not stereotype millions of women, including your wife and daughters! YEP--you're a real prince---a real stand up guy.
Thanks from Daws77
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:19 PM   #25
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
AND the quaking sheep STILL can't figure out the meaning of socialism. OH yes. They THINK they know, which is why we hear the repetitious chants about the evils of socialism and how IT NEVER WORKS--NEVER. Then they offer up the Scandinavian countries as examples. Knock Knock!! Anyone home?
There are NO dictators and in fact myths about Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc. are simply that. MYTHS.
In the Scandinavian countries, like all other developed nations, the means of production are primarily owned by private individuals, not the community or the government, and resources are allocated to their respective uses by the market, not government or community planning. Scandinavian countries DO provide things like a generous social safety net and universal healthcare, an extensive welfare state is not the same thing as socialism. Their system is called social democracy.
This is hilarious. You guys are actually arguing with each other now. We need Fayt to show up now with graphs and stuff to demonstrate how candy bars and road signs are Socialism. Basically you guys have been making the argument that the US has Socialism already so we should embrace more. But, then you say no were not. Lets make this real real easy. Should the Government of the United States seize all means of production? Should people be rewarded according to their need? Simple test here..
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:26 PM   #26
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Using that argument, Venezuela is not a socialist country either.
Venezuela did seize the means of production. That is what Socialism is

Factbox: Venezuela's nationalizations under Chavez | Reuters
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 12:51 PM   #27
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 23,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
Venezuela did seize the means of production. That is what Socialism is

Factbox: Venezuela's nationalizations under Chavez | Reuters
Very limited, so far. And again, are cops and firemen socialistic principles imposed on you?
RNG is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:07 PM   #28
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Very limited, so far. And again, are cops and firemen socialistic principles imposed on you?
Cops and firemen are local, not national. Cops and firemen are not part of broad economic theory or structure. Cops and firemen fall under public good's service that every type of economic structure has in one form or another.

Last edited by Jimmyb; March 15th, 2017 at 02:11 PM.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:12 PM   #29
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Local police means exactly that, local. There is no national police force, nor national fire department. And many fire departments rely heavily on volunteers.


Thanks from Sabcat and coke
excalibur is offline  
Old March 15th, 2017, 01:47 PM   #30
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Very limited, so far. And again, are cops and firemen socialistic principles imposed on you?
No, they are not. But that seems to be the argument that many on the left like to make as they attempt to embrace socialism. Remember when Chavez was the darling of the left?
Thanks from Sabcat
coke is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
dictator, requires, socialism



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
proper gun control requires segluary Gun Control 3 May 9th, 2014 11:51 PM
Little Dictator At It Again excalibur Current Events 5 November 25th, 2013 06:48 PM
Texas PC Repair Now Requires PI License intangible child Current Events 3 July 4th, 2008 05:02 PM
Texas PC Repair Now Requires PI License intangible child Current Events 0 July 4th, 2008 12:19 PM
Texas PC Repair Now Requires PI License Crime and Punishment 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.