Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree84Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2017, 04:58 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,264
It's time to get back to the subject at hand: Protests and free speech. We've heard nothing but obstruction from the Right. All hail the constitution when it suits the RW's needs. Free speech MATTERS to the Right. Except when it doesn't. We are surrounded by hypocrisy from a group of people who exalt the founders and their genius, then immediately discard their little piece of paper because it "dirties" their control of the masses. The fringe Right wants everything for itself and nothing for others.

The far right loves the government when it prosecutes leakers; they hate that information about our war crimes sees the light of day. They can't tolerate our public education system--our institutions of higher learning. Their distaste for the "great unwashed" is fodder for daily discussion. They defend a control-freak president who has nothing much to say about white supremacy but curses entire groups of other Americans.
AND let's not forget the rights of corporate America--the private centers of power. Conservatives are absolutely, one-hundred percent fine with your boss controlling what you say in the workplace. In fact, their mantra is like their president's: FIRE THEM.
The RW is outraged on a daily basis because of the freedoms we the people have been given. Choose a moment in history and you'll find the RW on the other side SHOUTING them down--calling for harsher punishment.

Political protests and free speech have changed this nation over and over again. Without it we would still be a backwoods territory, overrun with vigilante-type justice. No thanks.
Thanks from imaginethat and iolo
Clara007 is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 05:32 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 18,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
McCarthy was right
McCarthy was an obnoxious asshole.
Thanks from Clara007
Hollywood is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 06:33 AM   #23
Death to Antifa
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: in that one house at that location over there
Posts: 1,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
It's time to get back to the subject at hand: Protests and free speech. We've heard nothing but obstruction from the Right. All hail the constitution when it suits the RW's needs. Free speech MATTERS to the Right. Except when it doesn't. We are surrounded by hypocrisy from a group of people who exalt the founders and their genius, then immediately discard their little piece of paper because it "dirties" their control of the masses. The fringe Right wants everything for itself and nothing for others.

The far right loves the government when it prosecutes leakers; they hate that information about our war crimes sees the light of day. They can't tolerate our public education system--our institutions of higher learning. Their distaste for the "great unwashed" is fodder for daily discussion. They defend a control-freak president who has nothing much to say about white supremacy but curses entire groups of other Americans.
AND let's not forget the rights of corporate America--the private centers of power. Conservatives are absolutely, one-hundred percent fine with your boss controlling what you say in the workplace. In fact, their mantra is like their president's: FIRE THEM.
The RW is outraged on a daily basis because of the freedoms we the people have been given. Choose a moment in history and you'll find the RW on the other side SHOUTING them down--calling for harsher punishment.

Political protests and free speech have changed this nation over and over again. Without it we would still be a backwoods territory, overrun with vigilante-type justice. No thanks.
So should a person/employee be able to shut down an entire factory because they have something to say?
guy39 is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 07:41 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
It is cultural Marxism.

Trying to equate what is going on today to what happened then is very sad and does a serious disservice to those movements.

Keep up your propaganda, shill. Outside of your echo chamber nobody is falling for it. But definitely avoid and/or shut down any meaningful discussions on the subject because racism or something.
Don't tell me about doing any disservices. I fucking lived through those times, am a part of those times.

Racism never went away. It can't be legislated away. People change, or they don't. Many whites haven't changed.

You'd have been chanting the same Marxist echo chambert crap back then. I remember your type back then. I always smiled when you took my picture from the sidelines.

Last edited by imaginethat; September 28th, 2017 at 08:00 AM.
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 07:54 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
You would think its like that still today wouldnt you

Yeah look at us now. We got hiring quotas, preferential hiring, we have affirmative action. Civil rights laws. Hell we have protections for boys calling them selves girls that then claim the are non-binary. Yet, somehow there is systemic racism. Bullshit. There is a movement to demand reparations from people who did nothing wrong to be paid to people who were never victims. You are falling for it hook line and sinker


Fuck are you serious with that bullshit?
You're damned right I'm serious with it.

You've fallen for the idea that closet racism is better than open racism.

It's not, mainly because closet racism will become open racism under the right set of circumstances. Not will, has.

Look at you bringing up reparations. There's not now or ever will be any reparation movement, but I understand how good it must make you feel to be on the side opposing reparations ... that will never happen.

A white person can't understand what racism feels like. It's just not possible.

imaginethat is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 07:56 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 55,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Its whatever fits a certain narrative then run with it. Its absent of thought. Its like cheering that Moore won because Trump wanted Strange to. Moore is fucking nuts to put it bluntly. Yet, they cheered him on because Trump is bad, and resist, and look a Nazi or something
Moore is fucking nuts, but Trump's cool.

There is the root of the problem, succinctly put.
Thanks from RNG
imaginethat is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 08:27 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
It's time to get back to the subject at hand: Protests and free speech. We've heard nothing but obstruction from the Right. All hail the constitution when it suits the RW's needs. Free speech MATTERS to the Right. Except when it doesn't. We are surrounded by hypocrisy from a group of people who exalt the founders and their genius, then immediately discard their little piece of paper because it "dirties" their control of the masses. The fringe Right wants everything for itself and nothing for others.

The far right loves the government when it prosecutes leakers; they hate that information about our war crimes sees the light of day. They can't tolerate our public education system--our institutions of higher learning. Their distaste for the "great unwashed" is fodder for daily discussion. They defend a control-freak president who has nothing much to say about white supremacy but curses entire groups of other Americans.
AND let's not forget the rights of corporate America--the private centers of power. Conservatives are absolutely, one-hundred percent fine with your boss controlling what you say in the workplace. In fact, their mantra is like their president's: FIRE THEM.
The RW is outraged on a daily basis because of the freedoms we the people have been given. Choose a moment in history and you'll find the RW on the other side SHOUTING them down--calling for harsher punishment.

Political protests and free speech have changed this nation over and over again. Without it we would still be a backwoods territory, overrun with vigilante-type justice. No thanks.
Once again you skirt around the issue with sophism. The argument is not about the right to free speech or protests. The issue is, what they're attacking. And that attack was aimed at our flag, our anthem, and our country as a whole. That is unacceptable by any standard.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 08:29 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
McCarthy was an obnoxious asshole.
Who turned out to be right!!
caconservative is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:15 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,264
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Once again you skirt around the issue with sophism. The argument is not about the right to free speech or protests. The issue is, what they're attacking. And that attack was aimed at our flag, our anthem, and our country as a whole. That is unacceptable by any standard.


What??? THEY are attacking??? Attacking?? The NFL players are attacking/assaulting/using violence/taking aggressive action against OUR FLAG?? our anthem??

You have completely lost it.
Thanks from imaginethat
Clara007 is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:33 AM   #30
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Look! Back when America was great.

I understand the context you're doing this within, and the point you're trying to make, but being an "ally" isn't an excuse to use this word. You have done it several times.

If you're not Black it's generally not a good idea to use the N-word. This goes for everyone.
Thanks from Clara007

Last edited by Gordy; September 28th, 2017 at 09:47 AM.
Gordy is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
illegal, protests



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The protests were not spontaneous goodpen Current Events 38 January 25th, 2017 05:31 PM
Stupid Athletic Protests. roastpork Current Events 44 September 13th, 2016 01:57 PM
Pro-EU protests in Ukraine romansvintitskiy Current Events 0 April 16th, 2016 11:41 AM
Wisconsin Protests npr Current Events 4 February 21st, 2011 02:51 PM
Illegal Immigration is...well, illegal. borden123 Immigration 3 September 2nd, 2010 05:23 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.