Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree84Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:44 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
What??? THEY are attacking??? Attacking?? The NFL players are attacking/assaulting/using violence/taking aggressive action against OUR FLAG?? our anthem??

You have completely lost it.
Your elusive answer demonstrates your inability to defend your argument. The first thing required in a protest is, is the subject matter being protested factual. Second, is the venue of protest the proper venue. When neither of these issues is present the protest is doomed to failure. What we are seeing is more bone-headed subjects that are creating a deeper racial divide. Which is being pushed by the political Left in their never ending divide and conquer quest. In the end, the losers will be the athletes and the people who support their false narrative.
Thanks from Sabcat
caconservative is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:51 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
I understand the context you're doing this within, and the point you're trying to make, but being an "ally" isn't an excuse to use this word. You have done it several times.

If you're not Black it's generally not a good to use the N-word. This goes for everyone.
Yes, the "n-word" is a very degrading word. So why do Blacks constantly use it? IMO, clean up your own house before you ask others to do the same.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 09:56 AM   #33
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Yes, the "n-word" is a very degrading word. So why do Blacks constantly use it? IMO, clean up your own house before you ask others to do the same.
We use it because we want to. It's a term that your ancestors created to enslave and oppress us that we redefined. White ppl shouldn't use it. Point blank. Period. You lost that right a long time ago.

There isn't anything to debate about as far as this issue is concerned so kindly shut the fuck up. Continue on with your discussion.

Last edited by Gordy; September 28th, 2017 at 08:57 PM.
Gordy is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:04 AM   #34
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,496
If you want to use it in your everyday life that's none of my business. But this is a public forum. I saw it, and now I'm addressing it.
Gordy is online now  
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:07 AM   #35
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
We use it because we want to. It's it term that your ancestors created to enslave and oppress us that we redefined. White ppl shouldn't use it. Point blank. Period. You lost that right a long time ago.

There isn't anything to debate about as far as this issue is concerned so kindly shut the fuck up. Continue on with your discussion.
Then you are a hypocrite if you use it. Just because you used it does not change the meaning of it.

Does that mean I can call someone an "Oreo" and it be okay? or Mongrel would that be acceptable? no.
Thanks from caconservative
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:08 AM   #36
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 26,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
It's time to get back to the subject at hand: Protests and free speech. We've heard nothing but obstruction from the Right. All hail the constitution when it suits the RW's needs. Free speech MATTERS to the Right. Except when it doesn't. We are surrounded by hypocrisy from a group of people who exalt the founders and their genius, then immediately discard their little piece of paper because it "dirties" their control of the masses. The fringe Right wants everything for itself and nothing for others.

The far right loves the government when it prosecutes leakers; they hate that information about our war crimes sees the light of day. They can't tolerate our public education system--our institutions of higher learning. Their distaste for the "great unwashed" is fodder for daily discussion. They defend a control-freak president who has nothing much to say about white supremacy but curses entire groups of other Americans.
AND let's not forget the rights of corporate America--the private centers of power. Conservatives are absolutely, one-hundred percent fine with your boss controlling what you say in the workplace. In fact, their mantra is like their president's: FIRE THEM.
The RW is outraged on a daily basis because of the freedoms we the people have been given. Choose a moment in history and you'll find the RW on the other side SHOUTING them down--calling for harsher punishment.

Political protests and free speech have changed this nation over and over again. Without it we would still be a backwoods territory, overrun with vigilante-type justice. No thanks.
Ummm. The RWs and the president just loved leakers when it was dirt on Hillary they were leaking. You must be wrong there, Clara.

Oh ...






Wait ...




That was different.
Thanks from imaginethat
RNG is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #37
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
It's time to get back to the subject at hand: Protests and free speech. We've heard nothing but obstruction from the Right. All hail the constitution when it suits the RW's needs. Free speech MATTERS to the Right. Except when it doesn't. We are surrounded by hypocrisy from a group of people who exalt the founders and their genius, then immediately discard their little piece of paper because it "dirties" their control of the masses. The fringe Right wants everything for itself and nothing for others.

The far right loves the government when it prosecutes leakers; they hate that information about our war crimes sees the light of day. They can't tolerate our public education system--our institutions of higher learning. Their distaste for the "great unwashed" is fodder for daily discussion. They defend a control-freak president who has nothing much to say about white supremacy but curses entire groups of other Americans.
AND let's not forget the rights of corporate America--the private centers of power. Conservatives are absolutely, one-hundred percent fine with your boss controlling what you say in the workplace. In fact, their mantra is like their president's: FIRE THEM.
The RW is outraged on a daily basis because of the freedoms we the people have been given. Choose a moment in history and you'll find the RW on the other side SHOUTING them down--calling for harsher punishment.

Political protests and free speech have changed this nation over and over again. Without it we would still be a backwoods territory, overrun with vigilante-type justice. No thanks.


I thought your were going to come back to topic instead


Quote:

hyperbole
[hahy-pur-buh-lee]
noun Rhetoric.
obvious and intentional exaggeration.
an extravagant statement or figure of speech not intended to be taken literally, as “to wait an eternity.”
Thanks from caconservative
Sabcat is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:21 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
We use it because we want to. It's it term that your ancestors created to enslave and oppress us that we redefined. White ppl shouldn't use it. Point blank. Period. You lost that right a long time ago.

There isn't anything to debate about as far as this issue is concerned so kindly shut the fuck up. Continue on with your discussion.
So wallowing in your own self-degrading words that show a distinct lack of character should be ignored? Hmm, maybe that is part of the reason why Whites dismiss Black issues out of hand. If you don't treat yourself with a modicum of dignity, why should they?
caconservative is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 10:32 AM   #39
Have you seen my Iguana
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,486
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Don't tell me about doing any disservices. I fucking lived through those times, am a part of those times.

Racism never went away. It can't be legislated away. People change, or they don't. Many whites haven't changed.

You'd have been chanting the same Marxist echo chambert crap back then. I remember your type back then. I always smiled when you took my picture from the sidelines.
I don't think i would have been given that luxury. I could try and compare it to what the men in my family did but they were busy fighting wars and getting spit on by dirty hippys so i couldn't say.

None of that matters in your attempt to distract from the subject at hand.

Try and stay on topic, shill. The past is the past. Stop trying to relive your "glory days" vicariously thru ignorant, naive youth.

If anyone is trying to take away rights it is the authoritarian leftists.
Sabcat is offline  
Old September 28th, 2017, 11:01 AM   #40
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Then you are a hypocrite if you use it. Just because you used it does not change the meaning of it.

Does that mean I can call someone an "Oreo" and it be okay? or Mongrel would that be acceptable? no.
We changed the meaning of it for ourselves, not for White folks. Contrary to whatever it is you may believe, nobody is looking for your validation and you're not entitled to everything. lt's our word. If you think it's so degrading as a White person then DON'T USE IT. It shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp.
Thanks from tristanrobin and imaginethat
Gordy is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
illegal, protests



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The protests were not spontaneous goodpen Current Events 38 January 25th, 2017 05:31 PM
Stupid Athletic Protests. roastpork Current Events 44 September 13th, 2016 01:57 PM
Pro-EU protests in Ukraine romansvintitskiy Current Events 0 April 16th, 2016 11:41 AM
Wisconsin Protests npr Current Events 4 February 21st, 2011 02:51 PM
Illegal Immigration is...well, illegal. borden123 Immigration 3 September 2nd, 2010 05:23 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.