Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree42Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2017, 07:52 PM   #81
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Well, since you asked...
Racism is a fact of life. We all see our own race as the better, just like we see our children as the most beautiful, smart, gifted. Racism is not a crime, it is the prejudice against another race that is wrong.
But lets define racism; Interesting, in 1852 there was no such word. In fact descrimination was not a word either. But prejudice was and is. However, the meaning today is the belief that one race is superior to another race. A bias - so to speak. (bias is a word from Webster in 1852.)
What is prejudice? Pre-judgment.
What is descrimination? Prejudicial treatment of people on the grounds of age, sex, race and religion.

So, racism is something we ALL need to come to some agreement too, that it is within us all. It is the Prejudice that creates the hate. My children don’t remember the pre-Obama years as I do. They see things as they are today. His ideal, i believe was well intended, but has rifted the country back to pre-1960. I’ve worked many jobs, and dealt with many races, ages and religions. But never have i felt like i was better or worse than another person, and i felt the reciprocation of that reality.
Today, however, the people have modified their reactions. They are more conservative and isolated than before. Less open to talk and be themselves.
We can chalk that up to the internet, or believe we never made any advances toward equality, but my opinion, (since you asked) is that the media has aimed its flow of news toward minority communities and individuals receiving any kind of treatment, good or bad, especially after Obama was elected.
So, I have a question along these lines. You define racism as pre-judgment. That is why you have this word prejudice closely following the discussion every time racism is mentioned.

The word prejudice means:

"a (1) reconceived judgment or opinion (2) :an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge
b :an instance of such judgment or opinion
c :an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics
"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prejudice

So, my concern is that if you don't use thought, knowledge, and reason, you are guilty of prejudice and that results in what we know as racism. Now, presuppose that a person weighs something out rationally and believes in accordance with facts, finding a credible reason to practice a racial protocol that you personally find offensive. Okay, you're offended, but if they use thought, knowledge and reason, how can you honestly call it racism?

Note: Smilie isn't mine and I can't get rid of it.
discollector is offline  
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:05 PM   #82
Senior Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by handydude View Post
Yes we are animals. We even share about 50% of our DNA with carrots. Next, you should be speciest. (racist) That was the whole point of my thread "Is racism bad?" Because specism is natural. It is part of what you are. You can no more wish it away than you can wish away your coccyx. To deny it is to let untruth slip in. When you start allowing that to happen, there is no end to it.
So, we breath nitrogen and oxygen, throw a little hydrogen in there and we'd all be drowning.
I should mention i agree with you, we are all racist. But, well...meh.
Kate is offline  
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:14 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
So, I have a question along these lines. You define racism as pre-judgment. That is why you have this word prejudice closely following the discussion every time racism is mentioned.

The word prejudice means:

"a (1) reconceived judgment or opinion (2) :an adverse opinion or leaning formed without just grounds or before sufficient knowledge
b :an instance of such judgment or opinion
c :an irrational attitude of hostility directed against an individual, a group, a race, or their supposed characteristics
"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prejudice

So, my concern is that if you don't use thought, knowledge, and reason, you are guilty of prejudice and that results in what we know as racism. Now, presuppose that a person weighs something out rationally and believes in accordance with facts, finding a credible reason to practice a racial protocol that you personally find offensive. Okay, you're offended, but if they use thought, knowledge and reason, how can you honestly call it racism?

Note: Smilie isn't mine and I can't get rid of it.
I'm sorry, I did not intend for the message to come across that way.
Racism without prejudice is just racism. To me, that is simply acknowledging ones race. No malice, no authority.
To say a person is from Japan (who is from Japan) is acknowledgment of their race, not a superiority complex.
Kate is offline  
Old November 16th, 2017, 08:22 PM   #84
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
I'm sorry, I did not intend for the message to come across that way.
Racism without prejudice is just racism. To me, that is simply acknowledging ones race. No malice, no authority.
To say a person is from Japan (who is from Japan) is acknowledgment of their race, not a superiority complex.
Interesting concept. Japan claims to be the most racially pure nation in the world at 98.5 percent. They aren't. That distinction belongs to Zimbabwe, whose residents are 99.7 percent black with only 30,000 whites in the whole country. We never look at those and claim they are racist countries.
discollector is offline  
Old November 16th, 2017, 10:54 PM   #85
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
Interesting concept. Japan claims to be the most racially pure nation in the world at 98.5 percent. They aren't. That distinction belongs to Zimbabwe, whose residents are 99.7 percent black with only 30,000 whites in the whole country. We never look at those and claim they are racist countries.
Except Zimbabwe is made up of different ethnic groups and isn't ethnically homogenous at all.
Thanks from Kate, RNG, Hollywood and 1 others
Gordy is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 04:09 AM   #86
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Except Zimbabwe is made up of different ethnic groups and isn't ethnically homogenous at all.
I can make the same argument when black people cry and wail about racism in America. We have white, Anglo-Saxon, Scandinavian, Germanic, Teutonic, etc. people, but at the end of the day, if you walk into a bar where they play country music, they would all appear white to you.
discollector is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 04:30 AM   #87
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
I can make the same argument when black people cry and wail about racism in America. We have white, Anglo-Saxon, Scandinavian, Germanic, Teutonic, etc. people, but at the end of the day, if you walk into a bar where they play country music, they would all appear white to you.
The rest of the world isn't America. You are talking about two completely different societies.

In Africa, different ethnic groups speak different languages and have different cultures. Just because they're all Black doesn't mean they're homogenous.

Germans, Italians, etc. in America are pretty much all White at this point.
Thanks from Hollywood and TreeDoc

Last edited by Gordy; November 17th, 2017 at 04:41 AM.
Gordy is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 04:56 AM   #88
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
The rest of the world isn't America. You are talking about two completely different societies.

In Africa, different ethnic groups speak different languages and have different cultures.
In America, the whites have different cultures as well. But, yes, we are talking about different societies. The point is very simple:

What we tolerate on the world scene, we do not allow in America. Period. You don't find whites being represented in the governments I mentioned in my earlier post, but if black people in America don't hold more than half of the government jobs and public offices it (in the minds of most black people) proves racism.

The takeover by blacks in Zimbabwe did not increase the numbers of whites in that country. It cut their numbers by more than half in less than a quarter of a century! What would you say if the policies of this nation cut the numbers of black citizens in half in less than a quarter of a century?

The real point here is that racism is acceptable unless it is white racism. Of course, it is not PC to call black racism what it is.

Last edited by discollector; November 17th, 2017 at 04:58 AM.
discollector is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 05:31 AM   #89
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by discollector View Post
In America, the whites have different cultures as well. But, yes, we are talking about different societies. The point is very simple:

What we tolerate on the world scene, we do not allow in America. Period. You don't find whites being represented in the governments I mentioned in my earlier post, but if black people in America don't hold more than half of the government jobs and public offices it (in the minds of most black people) proves racism.

The takeover by blacks in Zimbabwe did not increase the numbers of whites in that country. It cut their numbers by more than half in less than a quarter of a century! What would you say if the policies of this nation cut the numbers of black citizens in half in less than a quarter of a century?

The real point here is that racism is acceptable unless it is white racism. Of course, it is not PC to call black racism what it is.
It might have something to do with the fact that the White minority in Zimbabwe systematically oppressed the natives of that country.

Black people aren't oppressing White people in the US. We do not have the political, economic, nor the demographic power to do that.
Gordy is offline  
Old November 17th, 2017, 05:43 AM   #90
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 808
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
It might have something to do with the fact that the White minority in Zimbabwe systematically oppressed the natives of that country.

Black people aren't oppressing White people in the US. We do not have the political, economic, nor the demographic power to do that.
So, your justification ends up being that two wrongs make a right. Interesting.

Yesterday, in the town I live in, some group got together and had a "Meet a black person day." It's no joke. It was on tv. I already know quite a few black people. Those who chase after the liberal mindset (and there are a lot of them) take no responsibility for their position in life. No matter how you apply your rationale, the black man's plight is the white man's fault.

But, when whites withdraw and go to live in their own communities, the black liberals want them to be integrated. Hmmm. Let me extrapolate from this what I can:

No matter what country we're talking about the black man's plight is the white man's fault. The white man, the youngest of all races has all the money; therefore, we presume the whites have all the power. Sooo... at the end of the day what we're really talking about is subtle genocide to destroy the whites and therefore their wealth / power.

It dawns on me that the black people, being the oldest of the races has had the advantage of being here the longest. It would stand to reason that being all things being equal, black people should be the most financially secure. And they're not - and you seem to be advocating incremental and subtle genocide. Did I miss anything?
discollector is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
racism, thoughts



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Barack Obama: "Racism is in our DNA" Questionman Current Events 17 July 27th, 2016 12:15 PM
"Old School" Racism, On FAUX Noise Medicine Man Current Events 14 July 15th, 2014 07:42 AM
"Annie Bones" Wannabe Denies GOP Racism Medicine Man Current Events 0 January 22nd, 2014 07:50 AM
Racism or just too "sensitive"? fxashun Racism 130 May 26th, 2008 01:05 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.