Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree3Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2017, 11:24 PM   #11
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
I'm intrigued by the comment, "opened your eyes to the lies you believed about yourself" Care to elaborate ??
I never really saw Blackness as beautiful. I'm African and dark-skinned and I've been teased my whole life because of it. So I had a lot of self-hate issues as a teenager. I assume this is how most Black folks feel. And when I say Black folks, I don't just mean African-Americans as I look at Blackness from a global perspective. The countries with the highest rates of skin bleaching are Nigeria, S. Africa, and Jamaica.

We've been conditioned into believing the lies that White ppl have told the world about us. My friends used to brag about how they wanted to marry/have kids with non-Black women so they can have mixed babies. It's the worst kind of mental poisoning, and no one is aware of how insidious it is because they've never actually lived it. Which is why I get so angry when White folks refuse to consider any other perspective other than the lies that they themselves have been taught, and assert that they know what they're talking about and we don't.

It's how I explain "Black-on-Black crime". Black men live in a society that despises them, therefore they despise themselves. So we kill each other. Programmed genocide. In addition, Black men are seen as beasts, and this tolerated until they become a threat to White ppl. Don't believe me? Ask OJ Simpson. Ask Kaepernick. This is where patriarchy meets White supremacy. You're not a man, you're an animal who has to be controlled or else he is a threat to society. This is true for both criminals and everyone else who rejects the White world's definitions. You don't even need to read a book for that. Just look at your interactions.

I'll kill someone who looks like me for stepping on my shoes before I kill a Nazi. That's not normal. Do you really think that's normal?

Last edited by Gordy; October 28th, 2017 at 09:15 PM.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 11:42 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,401
I think, I have almost always, tried to be open minded. I try, tho can't say I always succeed, to take people as they are. One on one with limited preconceived notions.

But this REALLY open my eyes to reality.

I have some friends from Africa. Smart, educated, articulate and genuinely wonderful people. Unfortunately, despite their intelligence and education, they also posses a wonderful but unhealthy naiveté'. Upon arriving here and before I met them, one of their own, a fellow countryman, set them up for a major rip off. He later went to prison for his actions. But not against them. I realized what he was doing and warned them. So we began the process of extricating them from him.

As a result one of his retaliatory actions was to cancel their credit card machine at their retail store. They called a couple of companies and set up appointments to discuss getting service restored. I was present for one of the meeting.

My friend introduced me as the SILENT partner. In truth I was partner in name only. I had zero invested and received zero income. Much to my surprise the salesman kept talking to ME !!! He ASSUMED that since I was white I MUST be the money man and as such would be making the final decision. I finally had to get up and leave the store, forcing the salesman to deal with the actual owner !!

A couple of days later I happed to accompany my friend to his accountant's office. I had NEVER set foot in that office. We walked in, he introduced me as his business partner, and explained what he needed. The assistant said "oh yes I know where that is" went to an office and returned with the document in question and HANDED IT TO ME !!!!!!!!!!!

In both cases it was subtle. I'm sure it was unintentional, but it was there. They assumed that I, the older WHITE male MUST be the MORE senior, and thus more IMPORTANT partner. It was an eye opening experience for me. I'll certainly never forget it. It was the merest glimpse into the subtle, and mostly unintended, racism that exists in our country.
Thanks from Gordy
BubbaJones is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 11:52 PM   #13
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
I think, I have almost always, tried to be open minded. I try, tho can't say I always succeed, to take people as they are. One on one with limited preconceived notions.

But this REALLY open my eyes to reality.

I have some friends from Africa. Smart, educated, articulate and genuinely wonderful people. Unfortunately, despite their intelligence and education, they also posses a wonderful but unhealthy naiveté'. Upon arriving here and before I met them, one of their own, a fellow countryman, set them up for a major rip off. He later went to prison for his actions. But not against them. I realized what he was doing and warned them. So we began the process of extricating them from him.

As a result one of his retaliatory actions was to cancel their credit card machine at their retail store. They called a couple of companies and set up appointments to discuss getting service restored. I was present for one of the meeting.

My friend introduced me as the SILENT partner. In truth I was partner in name only. I had zero invested and received zero income. Much to my surprise the salesman kept talking to ME !!! He ASSUMED that since I was white I MUST be the money man and as such would be making the final decision. I finally had to get up and leave the store, forcing the salesman to deal with the actual owner !!

A couple of days later I happed to accompany my friend to his accountant's office. I had NEVER set foot in that office. We walked in, he introduced me as his business partner, and explained what he needed. The assistant said "oh yes I know where that is" went to an office and returned with the document in question and HANDED IT TO ME !!!!!!!!!!!

In both cases it was subtle. I'm sure it was unintentional, but it was there. They assumed that I, the older WHITE male MUST be the MORE senior, and thus more IMPORTANT partner. It was an eye opening experience for me. I'll certainly never forget it. It was the merest glimpse into the subtle, and mostly unintended, racism that exists in our country.
It's a caste system that isn't really spoken about. A caste system that has existed since before this country was founded. The White man is someone we ascribe to an look to, we don't really believe in ourselves. The White man is boss.

I'm open-minded now as well. But I'm still pro-Black. I don't have much of a choice.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 12:34 AM   #14
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
"The United States was founded as a white nationalist country, and that legacy remains today".

Nothing could be farther from the truth. Hamilton, Madison, and Jay were all nationalists in their own way. The Constitution put that to rest. We are a Republic with a Federal form of government. Although, some would say, we are well on our way to a National government.
But nation and government are two different things.

Last edited by Gordy; October 27th, 2017 at 01:42 AM.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 09:07 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
But nation and government are two different things.
I'm not fallowing you?
caconservative is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 10:37 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Georgia
Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
I'll probably get blasted for this. But you're not wrong here. I am an over 50 white male that grew up in the south, the deep south. I recognize that there IS white privilege. Sadly, most people are in denial on this subject. Most have simply never looked. They never question. They float thru their lives in their Prozac or oxicontin induced haze and never actually see the world as it is. I do at least recognize it. Can't say I completely succeed in not taking advantage of it !

As comedian Robert Wuhl said in "Assume the Position with Mr. Wuhl" "This country was founded by a bunch of rich white men that didn't want to pay taxes, and not much has changed" is SO true.

This country was founded on white privilege. While we've come a very long way we're not there yet.

However, I have to add, that the black community does need to make a few strides themselves. There's an old saying about the first sign of mental disorder is when you keep doing the same thing while expecting a different outcome.

I fully realize the black community has ample reason to be afraid of the police. However the reality is that most of the violent crime IS committed in the black community, ON the black community and BY the black community ? THE number one killer of young black men is young black men.

When it's YOUR child lying dead in the street you're accusing the police of being racist because they haven't solved the crime and arrested the shooter. Yet when it's someone else's child dead on the street you're walking around in a t-shirt that says DON'T BE A SNITCH and accusing the police of harassment while they're trying to investigate the murder.

I don't have all the answers. But what I do see is that while whites need to recognize that privilege does exist, the black community can't continue to blame ALL their problems on that privilege.

Blacks make up 13% of the population, yet they are nearly HALF (48%) of ALL murder victims. 96% of those victims were killed by other blacks.

Yeah this country was founded on white privilege. But it's not a one way street. At some point the black community is going to have to step up and decide how they want to handle the issues within their own neighborhoods.

Thoughts ??
White privilege?

Yeah it's a privilege to lose a job to racial quotas or be denied admittance to a college because you're white and they need more non-whites (not intelligent students, but ones who simply aren't white.) It's a privilege to be a part of a minority in your own country because other people think they have a right to deprive you of what is rightfully yours.

It's a privilege to never get a job interview with certain companies due to the simple fact that you're white and it's also a privilege to know you won't get any of those fancy government jobs. Those jobs are reserved for the non-whites. At least whites are privileged enough to realize they won't have to worry about getting up the next morning to go to a good paying job.

White privilege - you mean like people saying really dumb things like a country that was founded by whites for their benefit and being given Hell for it, meanwhile the North Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and even some African countries can have racially / culturally exclusive nations without the B.S. fed to whites for doing the same thing? Yeah, it's a privilege being treated like crap for daring to even think about preferring your own kind.

White privilege - the privilege of having the government telling you who to hire after you worked your ass off building a business without the government's help only to have them to step in and tell you how to run it when you didn't ask them for anything.

White privilege - the privilege of being blamed for everything on God's green earth when others cannot assimilate to the norms of our culture.

White privilege - the privilege of having umpteen self proclaimed "black" tv stations and tv programs while knowing whites will never have one as it would be racist (sic)

Yeah, white privilege. It's the privilege of being a second class citizen in the country your forefathers fought, bled and died in order to establish for you. Yay. Go white privilege.
discollector is offline  
Old October 27th, 2017, 01:11 PM   #17
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
I'm not fallowing you?
Perhaps I misunderstood you. Didn't you say that the US is a Republic and not a Nation? Those are two different things.
Gordy is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
article, nationalism, white



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bill O'Reilly Openly Advocates for White Nationalism tristanrobin Current Events 26 December 25th, 2016 05:38 AM
For Or Against Nationalism/Isolationism? Noska Fascism 27 December 6th, 2015 09:32 AM
Civic nationalism CentristVoice Political Ideologies 4 December 2nd, 2015 09:13 PM
From the KKK to Dylann Roof: White Nationalism Infuses Our Political Ideology LongWinded Current Events 2 July 22nd, 2015 05:24 PM
Derek Black, the Reluctant Racist, and His Exit From White Nationalism poet Racism 1 July 29th, 2013 08:07 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.