Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree18Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2018, 08:23 AM   #21
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
A problem with Christianity is believing something is more wrong with humans who are not Christians who believe they must be saved by Jesus, and make moral decisions based on their understanding of the bible and life after death.

Isn't that the point of everything you say?
That is a huge misunderstanding. Nothing wrong with people who aren't saved, but we are worried about them because they are not. Encouraging them to be saved, we are hoping they will enjoy eternity with the rest of us, instead of infinite suffering, is a matter of genuine concern.
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 21st, 2018, 08:26 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
That is a huge misunderstanding. Nothing wrong with people who aren't saved, but we are worried about them because they are not. Encouraging them to be saved, we are hoping they will enjoy eternity with the rest of us, instead of infinite suffering, is a matter of genuine concern.

And if the person you're so worried about doesn't believe as you do ?
BubbaJones is online now  
Old January 21st, 2018, 08:28 AM   #23
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And if the person you're so worried about doesn't believe as you do ?
I love them anyways.
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 21st, 2018, 12:29 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
That is a huge misunderstanding. Nothing wrong with people who aren't saved, but we are worried about them because they are not. Encouraging them to be saved, we are hoping they will enjoy eternity with the rest of us, instead of infinite suffering, is a matter of genuine concern.
Christ's victory was complete, perfect.
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. -- 1 Tim. 2:1-4

As Jesus said, "Thy will be done." -- Matt. 6:10

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me." -- John 12:32

"The Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces: -- Isa. 25:8

...there was given Him dominion, and glory and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him; His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom, that which shall not be destroyed." -- Dan. 7:14

"As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." -- I Cor.
22
Praying for others never is wrong. But, the perversion of the Gospel wrought by the Roman Church for temporal ends must be revealed.

God has not created a eternal place to eternally torment His creations. To imply that he has done this is blaspheming the name and character of God.

Once a person sees the perfect victory, the universal salvation of all God's creations, it can't be unseen.
Thanks from KnightOfSappho
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:32 PM   #25
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Christ's victory was complete, perfect.
Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. -- 1 Tim. 2:1-4

As Jesus said, "Thy will be done." -- Matt. 6:10

"And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me." -- John 12:32

"The Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces: -- Isa. 25:8

...there was given Him dominion, and glory and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve Him; His dominion is an everlasting dominion, and His kingdom, that which shall not be destroyed." -- Dan. 7:14

"As in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive." -- I Cor.
22
Praying for others never is wrong. But, the perversion of the Gospel wrought by the Roman Church for temporal ends must be revealed.

God has not created a eternal place to eternally torment His creations. To imply that he has done this is blaspheming the name and character of God.

Once a person sees the perfect victory, the universal salvation of all God's creations, it can't be unseen.
You are confusing Christianity with organized religion. Not the same.
Lovebug is offline  
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:38 PM   #26
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,996
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
That is a huge misunderstanding. Nothing wrong with people who aren't saved, but we are worried about them because they are not. Encouraging them to be saved, we are hoping they will enjoy eternity with the rest of us, instead of infinite suffering, is a matter of genuine concern.
Has it ever occurred to you that an eternity w/ religious people sounds more like a punishment than a reward to many people?
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2018, 05:46 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Has it ever occurred to you that an eternity w/ religious people sounds more like a punishment than a reward to many people?

religious ???????
urbrother is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:00 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebug View Post
Come again?
On a scale from 1 to 100 are you a racist?
urbrother is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:01 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,884
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbrother View Post
On a scale from 1 to 100 are you a racist?

On a scale of 1 to 100 are you a liar?
urbrother is offline  
Old January 22nd, 2018, 06:05 AM   #30
work in progress
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbrother View Post
On a scale from 1 to 100 are you a racist?
Why do you ask?
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbrother View Post
On a scale of 1 to 100 are you a liar?
Are you asking yourself that question?
Lovebug is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
racism



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
racism urbrother Civil Rights 0 February 26th, 2017 05:28 PM
racism webguy4 Racism 2 September 20th, 2013 07:09 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.