Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree83Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2018, 05:06 AM   #51
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
So are you against women in the workforce? If you want me to ask questions about your opinions, fine. Here are more....

Do you think women shouldnt buy houses to keep the cost down?

Do women drive down wages? Should we stay home and give up our freedom and lives because of your crazy opinions?

And what does any of this have to do with all the very real issues all Americans face, with good paying jobs moving overseas, benefits disappearing, an administration trying to take away access to health care to millions, education getting worse, etc

Women getting jobs or buying houses are not causing those things. Omg i cant believe that even needs to be said. Besides, you keep referencing your own difficult childhood, and maybe that has overly colored your ability to think rationally about this....
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 05:13 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
RtoL just lost his credibility AND his argument. That last comment says much more about RtoL than it does about you, Lyzza. Only arrogant know-it-alls make comments like that. Anyone on DTT who CLAIMS to know your intelligence level, lifestyle or background is full of it....and if they DO KNOW and make it public?? They are worse than I thought.

Hang in there.
Would you please, copy and paste what Right to Left said, and use logic to say what is wrong with the reasoning. Focus on the subject as you would have a student do, okay? If this thread does not get on topic I will ask that it be closed.
Athena is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 06:07 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Would you please, copy and paste what Right to Left said, and use logic to say what is wrong with the reasoning. Focus on the subject as you would have a student do, okay? If this thread does not get on topic I will ask that it be closed.


OUT of respect, I will post R to L's post, but WITH all respect....I'm not playing this "game" with you, Athena. AND in the future, I will not respond to your directives. You are welcome to close the topic.

Because you're an ignorant uninformed little college shit, you have no clue or interest in the past and how history so often repeats itself because so many like you forget or never learned what happened in the past!
Thanks from Lyzza
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:29 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,734
How should we understand the game you are playing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
OUT of respect, I will post R to L's post, but WITH all respect....I'm not playing this "game" with you, Athena. AND in the future, I will not respond to your directives. You are welcome to close the topic.

Because you're an ignorant uninformed little college shit, you have no clue or interest in the past and how history so often repeats itself because so many like you forget or never learned what happened in the past!
I regret Left to Right was disrespectful and opened the door to retaliation. However, if you want to prove Left to Right wrong please do so with reasoning. Are you interested in history and do you know how other people live? Keep your cool and correct the wrong the impression.

These forums are not my game, but why are we here and what do you think we should be doing? I thought this was about sharing information and our reasoning?

You warmed me about how awful some people can here be and you assured me disagreeing with you would not be a problem, but a huge problem has developed. How do you understand it? Problems cannot be resolved without understanding.

You were a school teacher. How did you handle arguing children? How did you prepare them to develop their reasoning and arguments as good citizens in a democracy must do?
Thanks from Braveheart
Athena is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:36 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
I didnt, because i wasnt and still am not interested in Gloria Steinem. Not all of us are Steinem fans or that type of feminist. So it doesnt matter what you say about her, i dont pay much attention to her like Albright and Clinton that you also mentioned. Elitists are not really my people. In fact, i was one of millions of young women who were very insulted by Albright saying a couple years ago that we would go to hell if we didnt vote for Clinton. Like i needed any other reason to back Bernie

So dont try to stitch me to those women, and their kind. That is not where i am coming from and each time i try to say it i get jumped.

Expanding the job market to women was and is a great thing for all of us, not just women. Half of the population was unable to use their skills, talents and intelligence to help improve the lives of us all. Need old timey proof of that? Well, something my uninformed college ass learned was the writings of John Stuart Mill, and he was a huge advocate for allowing women to be liberated from those suffocating gender roles and he even stated what i did, that it is crazy to keep half the population from helping to increase the greatest utility for all.

Yeah, i have read books too.......
It is not true that half the population could not use their skills, talents and intelligence. And we did improve life for all, but we can no longer do as we did because now we have to earn money.
Athena is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 07:47 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
So are you against women in the workforce? If you want me to ask questions about your opinions, fine. Here are more....

Do you think women shouldnt buy houses to keep the cost down?

Do women drive down wages? Should we stay home and give up our freedom and lives because of your crazy opinions?

And what does any of this have to do with all the very real issues all Americans face, with good paying jobs moving overseas, benefits disappearing, an administration trying to take away access to health care to millions, education getting worse, etc

Women getting jobs or buying houses are not causing those things. Omg i cant believe that even needs to be said. Besides, you keep referencing your own difficult childhood, and maybe that has overly colored your ability to think rationally about this....
I asked Clare to define the problem, and in reading your post I feel attacked, attacked and attacked again, and I see a complete unwillingness to understand a different point of view or even tolerate a different point of view. To me, that is a big problem. It makes me feel awful and can ruin my whole day so I was ignoring your post, but I started reading them to understand why there is to much disrespect and intentional hurting going on this thread. Left to Right was wrong to be disrespectful, but I think he was defending me and I think his defense was very necessary because of how awful I feel when I read your attacks.

Are you saying my childhood experience is not valid and should not be considered? That is like saying "so what" to a woman traumatized by rape. Am I seeing anger and on compassion? Do you think you are being respectful and considerate of others, or do you think you are justified in not being respectful and considerate and attacking?

Last edited by Athena; March 5th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
Athena is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 08:32 AM   #57
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,996
This thread is hilarious.

This cultural Marxism crap is so counterproductive
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 09:09 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 22,543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
This thread is hilarious.

This cultural Marxism crap is so counterproductive
Nonsensical gibberish on your part, cultural Maxism by hairy, dimpled old ass!
Hollywood is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:50 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
How should we understand the game you are playing?

I regret Left to Right was disrespectful and opened the door to retaliation. However, if you want to prove Left to Right wrong please do so with reasoning. Are you interested in history and do you know how other people live? Keep your cool and correct the wrong the impression.

These forums are not my game, but why are we here and what do you think we should be doing? I thought this was about sharing information and our reasoning?

You warmed me about how awful some people can here be and you assured me disagreeing with you would not be a problem, but a huge problem has developed. How do you understand it? Problems cannot be resolved without understanding.

You were a school teacher. How did you handle arguing children? How did you prepare them to develop their reasoning and arguments as good citizens in a democracy must do?


I would close the thread if I were you. We're done.
Thanks from Lyzza
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:54 AM   #60
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
I asked Clare to define the problem, and in reading your post I feel attacked, attacked and attacked again, and I see a complete unwillingness to understand a different point of view or even tolerate a different point of view. To me, that is a big problem. It makes me feel awful and can ruin my whole day so I was ignoring your post, but I started reading them to understand why there is to much disrespect and intentional hurting going on this thread. Left to Right was wrong to be disrespectful, but I think he was defending me and I think his defense was very necessary because of how awful I feel when I read your attacks.

Are you saying my childhood experience is not valid and should not be considered? That is like saying "so what" to a woman traumatized by rape. Am I seeing anger and on compassion? Do you think you are being respectful and considerate of others, or do you think you are justified in not being respectful and considerate and attacking?
I am not attacking you, period. You are the one who has taken a holier than thou attitude throughout this thread, and others. You seem to think that because you read some books, and formed an opinion, that none of us are capable of even talking to you because we havent read those books. I am one of a few who have called BS on that. You dont like it and throw another tantrum about how nobody understands, nobody can ask you questions, and silly things like nobody can grasp your simplistic theory.

Again, any and all calls for evidence have gone unanswered, you just throw it back at us and say we are attacking you. No. Having true discussions and arguments doesnt just mean swallowing any opinions someone throws out, you do have to back up your claims and not get upset when others ask you for that evidence.

Keep believing i am attacking you, i dont really care. Keep repeating the same opinions and we will continue to question you on it.....
Thanks from Clara007
Lyzza is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
call, liberation, women



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Liberation Of Mosul By US Iraq Peshmerga Forces Underway skews13 Current Events 77 October 19th, 2016 10:17 AM
Readout of the Vice Presidentís Meeting With Chinese Peopleís Liberation Army Chief o The White House The White House 0 May 16th, 2014 06:12 AM
A Global Goal on Gender Equality, Womenís Rights and Womenís Empowerment Mrs. CJ Parker Civil Rights 9 May 23rd, 2013 06:48 PM
Readout of the Presidentís Call with University of Connecticut Womenís Basketball Coa The White House The White House 0 April 11th, 2013 07:40 AM
Liberation Theology waitingtables Religion 36 May 6th, 2008 04:34 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.