Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree27Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:06 PM   #11
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Lyzza, I don’t believe a court conviction is necessary to sideline a public personality. That said, this story broke just before the Oscars and has not yet had the time to develop to determine solid validity. We risk going to the other extreme.
Then why is his network protecting him with a time delay? Let him be shamed right there in front of everyone. its just more bullshit protecting a famous man from what he did. even if they dont know, the respectful decision should be to find someone else. but that is still letting him off too easy imo
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,994
Quote:
The Nov. 10 letter from Hardy’s attorney — Howard King of King, Holmes, Paterno & Soriano, LLP — asked Seacrest and E! to “come up with a plan to address the treatment of all women at the networks and to take responsibility for the wrongful treatment” of Hardy, and threatened “more formal action” if the request were ignored. On Nov. 17, Seacrest took the allegation public, announcing in a statement that E! was investigating a misconduct complaint against him made by “someone that worked as a wardrobe stylist for me nearly a decade ago at E! News,” and calling her claims “reckless allegations.” His statement effectively outed Hardy, who was known to those close to Seacrest and within E! as his longtime stylist.

Three months later, E! issued a statement saying that its investigation had concluded and found “insufficient evidence to support the claims against Seacrest.” The investigation was conducted by an outside counsel hired by NBCUniversal.

“Total exasperation was my definite feeling when I heard about it,” Hardy, who was interviewed three times by the independent investigator, told Variety. “I felt like by the third interview, it was obvious the investigator was whitewashing it for Seacrest’s side.” Hardy claimed that the investigator never contacted four witnesses she had referred him to who could corroborate elements of her story.

“E!’s investigation was extremely comprehensive and thorough,” an E! spokesperson told Variety. “Over the course of a two month process, our outside counsel interviewed more than two dozen people regarding the allegations, including multiple separate meetings with the claimant. The investigator is an attorney with nearly 20 years experience and is highly regarded professionally. Any claims that question the legitimacy of this investigation are completely baseless.”

Seacrest’s attorney, Andrew Baum, told Variety, “It is upsetting to us that Variety is electing to run a ‘story’ about untrue allegations that were made against my client, after they were told that the accuser threatened to make those false claims against him unless he paid her $15 million. At that time, the claimant threatened to issue a demonstrably false press statement unless she was paid. Instead, my client proactively and publicly denied the claims and agreed to fully cooperate with E!’s investigation about the matter.”
Ryan Seacrest Sexual Abuse Allegations: E! Stylist Goes Into Detail ? Variety

Hardy can always sue in civil court if she has a case. Good luck with that

#metoo
guy39 is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:11 PM   #13
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Ryan Seacrest Sexual Abuse Allegations: E! Stylist Goes Into Detail ? Variety

Hardy can always sue in civil court if she has a case. Good luck with that

#metoo
Thanks for showing she was ignored with that

---> “Total exasperation was my definite feeling when I heard about it,” Hardy, who was interviewed three times by the independent investigator, told Variety. “I felt like by the third interview, it was obvious the investigator was whitewashing it for Seacrest’s side.” Hardy claimed that the investigator never contacted four witnesses she had referred him to who could corroborate elements of her story.<---

What did i say?
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:13 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Thanks for showing she was ignored with that

---> “Total exasperation was my definite feeling when I heard about it,” Hardy, who was interviewed three times by the independent investigator, told Variety. “I felt like by the third interview, it was obvious the investigator was whitewashing it for Seacrest’s side.” Hardy claimed that the investigator never contacted four witnesses she had referred him to who could corroborate elements of her story.<---

What did i say?
Yeah, that is what Hardy claimed. Just because she says it does not make it true. How much money did she ask for again?

Oh, here it is
Quote:
“It is upsetting to us that Variety is electing to run a ‘story’ about untrue allegations that were made against my client, after they were told that the accuser threatened to make those false claims against him unless he paid her $15 million
.
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:14 PM   #15
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
Yeah, that is what Hardy claimed. Just because she says it does not make it true. How much money did she ask for again?
You are sick and wrong.

Keep blaming the victim
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:15 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
You are sick and wrong.

Keep blaming the victim
I am not blaming Ryan Seacrest thing for anything. I think it was great he did not give into the blackmail and made it public
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:16 PM   #17
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
I am not blaming Ryan Seacrest thing for anything. I think it was great he did not give into the blackmail and made it public
What?!

What the fuck is your problem?

Go troll your useless frog thread............
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:20 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 3,994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
What?!

What the fuck is your problem?

Go troll your useless frog thread............
guy39 is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:22 PM   #19
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
It must be past your bedtime.....
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 06:25 PM   #20
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Then why is his network protecting him with a time delay? Let him be shamed right there in front of everyone. its just more bullshit protecting a famous man from what he did. even if they dont know, the respectful decision should be to find someone else. but that is still letting him off too easy imo
Powerful men that sexually abuse women do not stop at one. More stories will surface if this is the case. The E Network must use a preponderance of the evidence model or they will leave themselves vulnerable to legal action. We only disagree on the timing.
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
piece, ryan, seacrest, shit



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul Ryan will not back Trump. Is it not time to primary Paul Ryan? johnwk Current Events 14 May 10th, 2016 07:50 AM
The Ryan Budget imaginethat Political Humor 73 September 10th, 2012 11:32 AM
My new Anti-Ryan ad... theindependentmind Politicians 9 August 27th, 2012 06:25 PM
Romney or Ryan? theindependentmind Opinion Polls 6 August 21st, 2012 03:13 AM
Ryan Hall runner51 Christianity 8 July 20th, 2012 11:08 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.