Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree27Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2018, 08:05 PM   #61
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@Lyzza

Comic books is one example, men are obviously 'objectified' in media, advertisements, Hollywood, ect. ect, just as women are--which, women (like you) conveniently overlook. Hence, it is not a 'gendered' issue. You should be ashamed that your 'empathy' only extends to half the population while you demonize the other half.

Also, it is not at all clear that general beauty standards are "unrealistic" for those that fall into the healthy range or above (i.e. upwards of 80% of the population).

Note, studies have been performed which reveal women rate 80% of male faces as "below average". Then, it would seem, women are the majority perpetrators of "unrealistic beauty standards" for which they are foisting onto males. Again, not a unidirectional 'crime'

Thoughts?
I know, i never said men dont have these issues too. that wasnt my point.
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 08:08 PM   #62
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Sorry IT!

Thanks for changing the title loool

i wasnt trying to give you more work lol
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 08:18 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
I know, i never said men dont have these issues too. that wasnt my point.
@Lyzza

No--you don't know. Hence, why you constantly go on about the unidirectional oppression narrative perpetrated by men toward women-- which is the lie Feminism is centered around.

I have read (some) other posts you have made on the topic
Thanks from Jimmyb
xMathFanx is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 09:53 PM   #64
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
But that is my point Lyzza. I don’t think these stretched faces look beautiful. Character is the foundation of beauty. I think, much like makeup, unnecessary self consciousness fools many women into overdoing it.
Yes.

Its up to my wife, but if she ever asked me if she should get a face lift or any cosmetic surgery done, then i'd say: Dear god no! I love the way she looks, flaws and all. But it wasn't her physical beauty that drew me to her in the first place.
What i love about her: She puts lyzza's scrappy attitude to shame. IT's intelligence in the dust. Sabact's witty humor in a fetal position in the corner and my sarcasm left quivering in silent embarrassment.

But of course, i'd say all of this��
Thanks from Camelot, Sabcat, Lyzza and 1 others
Panther is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 09:56 PM   #65
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Growing up with unrealistic standards of beauty, body image issues, eating disorders, depression, anxiety all from not knowing if you are "good enough" or "pretty enough" omfg.

If only we aren't pressured into these ideas of beauty. If only we didn't have the constant fear of not being good enough, always trying to buy the right products and clothing, working out and spending soooooo much money (the girl tax) on everything to fit that standard of beauty. If only someone had just told me from the start to not worry about it and just be the beautiful girl that you are. If only.....

Wouldnt that be nice?
Yes it would. It would also be nice if my wife listened to me more, which echoes your points exactly. But its not my opinion that counts to her. It's other peoples opinions.
Thanks from Lyzza
Panther is offline  
Old March 4th, 2018, 10:02 PM   #66
The Posters of Meh
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: North Texas
Posts: 5,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
That has always been human nature and will always be. Our response to that human nature is the only thing that I am questioning. P.S.: If you don’t mind my saying, your avatar is hot.
About that, i never could tell but it always looks like milla Jovovich to me.
Panther is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 03:44 AM   #67
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@Lyzza

No--you don't know. Hence, why you constantly go on about the unidirectional oppression narrative perpetrated by men toward women-- which is the lie Feminism is centered around.

I have read (some) other posts you have made on the topic
Whatever, you dont even know what you are talking about. What posts?
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 03:54 AM   #68
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Yes it would. It would also be nice if my wife listened to me more, which echoes your points exactly. But its not my opinion that counts to her. It's other peoples opinions.
Your opinion does count, so do the opinions of others, but it comes down to what she wants too.

I buy way too much stuff, but i like to look good too. i was even at my doctor's office last summer and she started talking about how she loves my cheekbones, nose, eyes, but then she said she wanted to shoot some botox around my eyebrows to give them more of a curve. I almost went for it, and i used to make fun of that stuff.

Since then i have found myself staring in the mirror, and really wanting that botox. Now i worry my eyebrows are not good enough. i havent stressed out about these things in a while, but the anxiety it brings is so hard to shake off. idk, there is a lot of conditioning to be beautiful, and also a personal desire to be pretty too.
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 04:17 AM   #69
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,492
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Your opinion does count, so do the opinions of others, but it comes down to what she wants too.

I buy way too much stuff, but i like to look good too. i was even at my doctor's office last summer and she started talking about how she loves my cheekbones, nose, eyes, but then she said she wanted to shoot some botox around my eyebrows to give them more of a curve. I almost went for it, and i used to make fun of that stuff.

Since then i have found myself staring in the mirror, and really wanting that botox. Now i worry my eyebrows are not good enough. i havent stressed out about these things in a while, but the anxiety it brings is so hard to shake off. idk, there is a lot of conditioning to be beautiful, and also a personal desire to be pretty too.
All I was saying is not to overcompensate.
Camelot is offline  
Old March 5th, 2018, 04:24 AM   #70
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Here's another "POS" (you didnt have to change that one IT ) .....

https://jezebel.com/kobe-bryants-osc...p-f-1823506004
Lyzza is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
piece, ryan, seacrest, shit



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul Ryan will not back Trump. Is it not time to primary Paul Ryan? johnwk Current Events 14 May 10th, 2016 07:50 AM
The Ryan Budget imaginethat Political Humor 73 September 10th, 2012 11:32 AM
My new Anti-Ryan ad... theindependentmind Politicians 9 August 27th, 2012 06:25 PM
Romney or Ryan? theindependentmind Opinion Polls 6 August 21st, 2012 03:13 AM
Ryan Hall runner51 Christianity 8 July 20th, 2012 11:08 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.