Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree51Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 21st, 2018, 08:35 AM   #41
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@Lyzza

You keep asserting this without any intention of investigating the true/false value of your claim(s). By the same studies that you cite for women, reveals that guys are the victims of 'sexual violence' at the hands of girls at huge rates (if the criteria is to be believed, that is). Then, where are you pulling this claim from, if not from a breathtakingly resentful, hateful, sexist view toward men?
Bullshit, that is just the way you feel about it. Not what i am saying at all. Why is it when anyone points out the staggering statistics of women being assaulted and/or raped, you guys immediately jump and complain we arent talking about men?

WTF?

Start your own damn thread.
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 08:37 AM   #42
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
No. Not about that. What are you trying too say in particular about this issue?
I understand awareness and speaking out is key for activists. What i don't understand is the "why alienate many a male" in the message when they can be useful a ally.
Who is alienating men? You are saying that. You are trying to make this about men, and it isnt. i know many wonderful men who are allies.
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 11:44 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Sorry, dear. You'll have to do better than that but okay. Let's talk.

First of all, your piece is dated 2013, about a study done in 2008. Try to come up with something more recent.
Second, It compares “sexual assault” with “rape” by giving us numbers about the former for prison and jail inmates while quoting some undefined source on the latter for the general non-institutional population. Sexual assault in the prison study the Daily Mail article refers to includes not only rape and attempted rape but any kind of unwanted sexual touching. The concept of rape does not include that third category. Whether it includes attempted rape depends on where that 90,479 figure comes from.

Third, It’s difficult to determine from that paragraph the source of the rape counts for the non-institutional population. Sexual assault statistics tend to come from two sources: one consists of reports to the police or other authorities, the other consists of self-reporting by random individuals in the community. The study stated is a self-assessment by inmates.

Next, The study the Daily Mail article relies on covers BOTH male and female inmates in US prisons and jails. It’s wrong to assume that all the 216,000 inmates reporting sexual assault in 2008 were men. The quoted 90,479 figure for general rape rates may also include male victims. But in any case the comparisons become muddled when female victims in prisons and jails are put into the male victim category.

AND last, looking at the population inside prisons and jails does decrease the overall difference between female and male sexual assault victimization rates. That’s because the male population of prisons and jails is much higher than the female population and because sexual assault is much more common in those institutional settings than in the general population.

The "study" doesn’t flip the percentages. The Daily Mail article is wrong: Self-reported rates of sexual assault are still considerably higher for women than for men.
you are wrong. Sorry you can not accept facts.

On the other hand you are right about something. There is a rape culture in the west. Its called prison. Not college, not high school, but prison.
Thanks from Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 11:50 AM   #44
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
you are wrong. Sorry you can not accept facts.

On the other hand you are right about something. There is a rape culture in the west. Its called prison. Not college, not high school, but prison.
Wrong.
Thanks from Clara007
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 11:54 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
you are wrong. Sorry you can not accept facts.

On the other hand you are right about something. There is a rape culture in the west. Its called prison. Not college, not high school, but prison.


What is wrong? What points are wrong? How was I wrong? Be specific.
Thanks from Lyzza
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:05 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Wrong.
@Lyzza

Then, you contend that US Prison system is not a 'rape culture'?
xMathFanx is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:24 PM   #47
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMathFanx View Post
@Lyzza

Then, you contend that US Prison system is not a 'rape culture'?
who cares? seriously. you guys have a pretty severe issue with derailing any thread on this topic.
Thanks from Clara007
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:47 PM   #48
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
who cares? seriously. you guys have a pretty severe issue with derailing any thread on this topic.
@Lyzza

I thought you were deeply concerned about rape?
Thanks from Sabcat
xMathFanx is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:54 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 10,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
who cares? seriously. you guys have a pretty severe issue with derailing any thread on this topic.


Some of these guys simply can't handle this issue. They tell us there’s no such thing as rape culture ― not here, not in the United States. In fact, it's the MEN who are raped and assaulted, right?? Women have nothing to fear.
Women are over emotional. Women are paranoid. Women just need to be more "careful".

We are unfairly judging men, Lyzza. Be nice, but not too nice. Dress modestly, don't drink...don't party..we'll be fine.

We are oversensitive, judgmental misandrists. Men don't REALLY say creepy, vulgar things to us or about us. Refer to: Paranoid.
They're just joking--can't you take a joke?

Men somehow believe they are qualified to make that call - to wave away the persistent threat of sexual violence that we women live with every single day of our lives, that is ingrained in us from the time we are very small.

Minimize it, guys. Keep your 'good ol' boys' club. Join ranks and keep telling us "There's no rape culture." Apparently, that's all they need to know...even after this country just put Larry Nassar in the slammer for assaulting over 150 girls, which was AFTER the....
Cosby/Trump OpenMic/Hannity/Ailes/Conyers/Franken/Moore......assaults.

After Weinstein in 2017, *71* men were accused of sexual assault...and these are the ones we KNOW about.
Thanks from Lyzza
Clara007 is offline  
Old March 21st, 2018, 12:58 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
xMathFanx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Some of these guys simply can't handle this issue. They tell us there’s no such thing as rape culture ― not here, not in the United States. In fact, it's the MEN who are raped and assaulted, right?? Women have nothing to fear.
Women are over emotional. Women are paranoid. Women just need to be more "careful".
@Clara

What do you mean by 'rape culture'?
xMathFanx is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
assault, people, sexual, support, survivors, ways



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trump accused (and admits to) sexual assault Nwolfe35 Politicians 12 January 27th, 2018 04:37 AM
Hillary/sexual assault Patriot66 Current Events 7 September 15th, 2015 09:43 PM
Stand with Victims of Military Sexual Assault intangible child Current Events 24 November 26th, 2013 10:23 AM
Air Force Officer Tasked With Preventing Sexual Assault Arrested For Sexual Battery Mrs. CJ Parker Current Events 4 May 6th, 2013 06:45 PM
Simple Ways to Support Our Troops tadpole256 Warfare 2 August 5th, 2008 08:24 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.