Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree88Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:11 PM   #21
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
If the Christian Baker decides not to sell wedding cakes to anyone, it would be the same.

If Walmart decided not to sell AR-15s to gay couples, but continued to sell them to homicidal maniacs, it would be the same.

But it's nothing like the same.....
Donít right wingers make your head hurt ?
Camelot is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:12 PM   #22
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Donít right wingers make your head hurt ?
they make my head scream, but they make my soul hurt.
Thanks from Camelot
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:52 PM   #23
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
What does that have to do with barring someone from purchasing something arbitrarily due to their age without a law that says that?
Nothing. Daily kos has not covered this part of the argument so he does not have a response.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:53 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Nope, cigarettes are legal. A couple of years ago CVS decided to no longer sell them. They had every right to make that decision just like Dickís and Wal Mart does.
You seem to be clueless to what the issues are, but want to argue anyway.

CVS is not selling cigarettes at all. You cannot discriminate if you not sell the product at all because NO ONE CAN BUY THEM FROM YOU.

What Imaginethat and I are talking about is the legal age to buy cigarettes, which is 18. If you sell cigarettes, but refused to sell it anyone under 21, that is age discrimination.

Walmart is discontinuing AR-15 system weapons. That is fine, they have the right to do that just as CVS does not want to sell cigarettes or any particular product. However Walmart is still selling RIFLES which can still be legally purchased by anyone that is 18 or over in nearly all states, but will make it store policy not to sell RIFLES to anyone under the age of 21 nationwide. That particular store policy is age discrimination.
Thanks from Sabcat
Marcus Livius is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:55 PM   #25
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Nothing. Daily kos has not covered this part of the argument so he does not have a response.
Or you havenít read post #1 to figure out what the hell we are talking about here. Be a good boy and re-read post #1 so you donít sound so foolish in future posts.
Camelot is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:55 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Nothing. Daily kos has not covered this part of the argument so he does not have a response.
Yes, they actually built a straw man then tried to make it the issue. I just really do not care if they do that. If it makes them feel good then good for them.
Thanks from Jimmyb and Sabcat
guy39 is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:55 PM   #27
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by goober View Post
If the Christian Baker decides not to sell wedding cakes to anyone, it would be the same.

If Walmart decided not to sell AR-15s to gay couples, but continued to sell them to homicidal maniacs, it would be the same.

But it's nothing like the same.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
It is the same exact law suit. In Oregon, businesses cannot discriminate against a specific class of people because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age.
.
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:56 PM   #28
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
OMFG, like stores have never decided to stop carrying your favorite moisturizer, lipstick or even shampoo. grow up and get a grip.
That is not what happened.
Thanks from Jimmyb
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:56 PM   #29
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Livius View Post
You seem to be clueless to what the issues are, but want to argue anyway.

CVS is not selling cigarettes at all. You cannot discriminate if you not sell the product at all because NO ONE CAN BUY THEM FROM YOU.

What Imaginethat and I are talking about is the legal age to buy cigarettes, which is 18. If you sell cigarettes, but refused to sell it anyone under 21, that is age discrimination.

Walmart is discontinuing AR-15 system weapons. That is fine, they have the right to do that just as CVS does not want to sell cigarettes or any particular product. However Walmart is still selling RIFLES which can still be legally purchased by anyone that is 18 or over in nearly all states, but will make it store policy not to sell RIFLES to anyone under the age of 21 nationwide. That particular store policy is age discrimination.
Dickís and Wal Mart arenít going to sell them at all. Age has nothing to do with this thread.
Camelot is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 05:59 PM   #30
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Or you haven’t read post #1 to figure out what the hell we are talking about here. Be a good boy and re-read post #1 so you don’t sound so foolish in future posts.
I have been following this lawsuit since it was filed. I am sorry sweetie. It is you who looks foolish.


Here ya go pumpkin


Oregon man, 20, sues Dick's and Walmart for discrimination
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
dickís, walmart



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oregon man, 20, sues Dick's and Walmart for discrimination Sabcat Current Events 3 March 8th, 2018 11:32 AM
A Brief History of Walmart intangible child Current Events 0 June 7th, 2015 10:24 PM
WalMart in China RNG Business & Industries 5 April 29th, 2015 04:43 PM
A Brief History of Walmart intangible child Business & Industries 0 December 21st, 2013 12:11 PM
Feds Won't Stop Walmart Black Friday Strike, Walmart Threatens Firings skews13 Current Events 28 November 26th, 2012 02:17 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.