Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree88Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #31
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
That is not what happened.
it does happen.
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:01 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Hell
Posts: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Dick’s and Wal Mart aren’t going to sell them at all. Age has nothing to do with this thread.
Can you read?

They are discontinuing AR-15's, not all rifles, but will not sell any rifles to someone under 21.

Maybe if you read the post from someone you feel "safe". He hates Trump as much as you, that should be a lot of credibility:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
We have two different issues. The OP could have been more clear what issue was being talked about.

1. Both Wal-Mart and Dick’s have discontinued sales of AR-15s and other “assault” weapons. This policy does not discriminate.

2. Both Wal-Mart and Dick’s have announced they will no longer sell any firearms to anyone under the age of 21. This policy, in my opinion, is discriminatory. If someone who, under the law, is legally able to purchase a weapon and is refused based solely on age then I think that runs afoul of age discrimination laws. This is not the same thing as denying tobacco or alcohol based on age since there are laws that put those age limits in place.
Thanks from guy39 and Sabcat

Last edited by Marcus Livius; March 25th, 2018 at 06:04 PM.
Marcus Livius is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:08 PM   #33
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
it does happen.
Lots of things happen. We are talking about an age discrimination lawsuit here. One that is following a very similar strategy as the gay wedding cake but with much more credibility, against two major businesses. I find it interesting for many reasons. Mostly is because it is a discrimination case, something that is usually a favorite of the leftists and SJWs but this one just so happens to involve one of the constitutional rights that the authoritarian left wishes to abolish so they cannot help to show their hypocrisy.

On one had they support discrimination or they support a persons right to buy a firearm by an 20yo. It is a beautiful catch 22.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:09 PM   #34
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
Lots of things happen. We are talking about an age discrimination lawsuit here. One that is following a very similar strategy as the gay wedding cake but with much more credibility, against two major businesses. I find it interesting for many reasons. Mostly is because it is a discrimination case, something that is usually a favorite of the leftists and SJWs but this one just so happens to involve one of the constitutional rights that the authoritarian left wishes to abolish so they cannot help to show their hypocrisy.

On one had they support discrimination or they support a persons right to buy a firearm by an 20yo. It is a beautiful catch 22.
Age discrimination? omfg lol
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:09 PM   #35
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Livius View Post
Can you read?

They are discontinuing AR-15's, not all rifles, but will not sell any rifles to someone under 21.

Maybe if you read the post from someone you feel "safe". He hates Trump as much as you, that should be a lot of credibility:
That one is very special
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:11 PM   #36
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Age discrimination? omfg lol

I will post this again.for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
It is the same exact law suit. In Oregon, businesses cannot discriminate against a specific class of people because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status or age.
Sabcat is online now  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:12 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyzza View Post
Age discrimination? omfg lol
You really do not understand what is actually happening do you
guy39 is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:13 PM   #38
Riot Grrrl
 
Lyzza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Stage Left
Posts: 5,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
I will post this again.for you
That is not even close to the same thing.
Lyzza is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:14 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
guy39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 4,003
Stand by for a yuge strawman
guy39 is offline  
Old March 25th, 2018, 06:19 PM   #40
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 27,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy39 View Post
You really do not understand what is actually happening do you
Apparently. This is very sad. Now i know that the fantastic four are probably legally retarded but common. How is this so hard to comprehend. Go ahead and argue against the lawsuit but these people are literally just closing their eyes w/ their fingers in their ears and humming.
Thanks from guy39
Sabcat is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
dickís, walmart



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oregon man, 20, sues Dick's and Walmart for discrimination Sabcat Current Events 3 March 8th, 2018 11:32 AM
A Brief History of Walmart intangible child Current Events 0 June 7th, 2015 10:24 PM
WalMart in China RNG Business & Industries 5 April 29th, 2015 04:43 PM
A Brief History of Walmart intangible child Business & Industries 0 December 21st, 2013 12:11 PM
Feds Won't Stop Walmart Black Friday Strike, Walmart Threatens Firings skews13 Current Events 28 November 26th, 2012 02:17 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.