Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree39Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2018, 02:00 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by GluteusMaximus View Post
Sorry OP, your "civil rights" ended when you logged into this forum.
Read post #10.
fandango is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 04:01 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
KnightOfSappho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
This is not the first time I have started a thread like this. So it isn't the first time I received a stupid reply like yours. I will try to explain the truth to you. But I don't expect it to go anywhere. First, what is a government. It is a political structure that has rules. Next, in the Bill of Rights the government has a rule to allow freedom of speech. (Among other things) Next, what is the function of government. It is to rule the people.

Now, with all this being the case, "the people" shouldn't be allowed to limit freedom of speech. Not the private sector or the coporate sector. Because the government itself won't allow itself to limit freedom of speech. And if they don't allow themselves to do it, it stands to reason that those they rule shouldn't be allowed to either. Does this make any sense to you?
You also bring up the Charlottesville thing. Not that I would believe anything you say. Being biased as you are. But you say that there were those who did some sort of march without a permit. But the bill of rights also allows people to peaceably to assemble. (That there was those who were against what they stood for and decided to make it unpeaceble isn't their fault) So why should they have needed a permit to assemble (if what you said was true) when the Bill Of Rights already gives them that right.

Lastly, if you don't have the right to be "offensive" in what you have to say, your rights to say anything are severely limited. Do you agree or disagree with this.
I'm directly answering the part that I put in bold because you are making a REALLY incorrect assumption.

The government must allow free speech, as it is written into our highest law. There is no law, written or implied, that says private citizens, corporations or groups must do the same. A company has the right to fire an employee that trashes that company in a news report; a citizen has the right to demand that a person leave their house if that person curses him/her out and a forum has a right to restrict posts on it's site.

ONLY the government is restricted from punishing people for what they say.
KnightOfSappho is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 04:13 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 12,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
And they have been at just about every forum I have been at. What civil right is that? The right to speak the truth as best I can. And to debate others over the truthfulness of it. I can only do so in a very limited fashion here. For example, I started a thread called "The joy of being "offensive." it was shitcanned to a section that can't be viewed unless you are a logged in member. The thing that gets me is that I wasn't even being offensive in it. I didn't say nijjer, splick, goop or any of that. Also, I have been accused of being freemind. I looked up some of his threads. Some of them are closed down to debate. Why? Because he was right!

Like it or not, there is one absolutely necessary thing for any debate on any matter. Which is both sides of the story. If you are denied that, your civil rights have been violated just as bad as mine have. So where are your complaints.
DTT never violated your civil rights and you found a new home to express your opinions. Watch out for USMB because any member can violate you. Chill Out and relax in your new forum of enlightened intellectuals.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 09:29 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 7,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
This is not the first time I have started a thread like this. So it isn't the first time I received a stupid reply like yours. I will try to explain the truth to you. But I don't expect it to go anywhere. First, what is a government. It is a political structure that has rules. Next, in the Bill of Rights the government has a rule to allow freedom of speech. (Among other things) Next, what is the function of government. It is to rule the people.

Now, with all this being the case, "the people" shouldn't be allowed to limit freedom of speech. Not the private sector or the coporate sector. Because the government itself won't allow itself to limit freedom of speech. And if they don't allow themselves to do it, it stands to reason that those they rule shouldn't be allowed to either. Does this make any sense to you?

You also bring up the Charlottesville thing. Not that I would believe anything you say. Being biased as you are. But you say that there were those who did some sort of march without a permit. But the bill of rights also allows people to peaceably to assemble. (That there was those who were against what they stood for and decided to make it unpeaceble isn't their fault) So why should they have needed a permit to assemble (if what you said was true) when the Bill Of Rights already gives them that right.

Lastly, if you don't have the right to be "offensive" in what you have to say, your rights to say anything are severely limited. Do you agree or disagree with this.
And you are a COMPLETE MORON !!! The Constitution says the GOVERNMENT, meaning the federal government, your state, county or city government CANNOT PUT YOU IN JAIL for expressing your opinions. China doesn't have a first amendment, there are STILL people in prison nearly 30 years after Tiananmen Square. Russia doesn't have a first amendment and Putin has certainly imprisoned more than a few of his political opponents. Most of your banana republics and a major portion of the arab world have no first amendment protections and they too routinely lock up political dissidents.

The government can't stop you from spewing your bullshit, but I am NOT required by law to listen to your erroneous bullshit. The people or company you work for is NOT required by law to support your positions.

As for Charlottesville the scum sucking nazi's did have (as is their right) a permit to use a city park. To peaceably assemble. THEY DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT, MUCH LESS A PERMIT, TO GO WALKING ARMED ACROSS PRIVATE PROPERTY THAT IS THE UNIVERSITY.

According to your logic iT is MY RIGHT to STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR HOUSE protesting you !!!!! And there is NOTHING you can do about it !!! Is THAT what you are saying ??? That every one has the RIGHT to say anything and everything EVEN ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ???? That it is my constitutionally guaranteed right to STAND ON YOUR PROPERTY AND SAY ANYTHING I WANT ?? EVEN IF IT'S NEGATIVE ABOUT YOU ???
Thanks from foundit66 and Hollywood
BubbaJones is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 10:23 AM   #15
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,998
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
And they have been at just about every forum I have been at.
So this has happened on "just about every forum you have been at"?
A logical conclusion would recognize the common factor in all this is you...
At some point one would hope that you could realize you have an improper expectation...


Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
What civil right is that? The right to speak the truth as best I can. And to debate others over the truthfulness of it. I can only do so in a very limited fashion here.
You need to grasp a few facts here...
First, the first amendment's free speech applies to the government. The government cannot restrict your free speech.
This site isn't run by the government.
Moreover, the owner of this site pays money to keep it going. This isn't a business so don't even try whining about anti-discrimination laws.
You're basically demanding to utilize the owner's resource for your own personal choices...
It's a bit like demanding a newspaper allow you unfettered printing in their paper to argue what you think is truth, otherwise it's supposedly a violation of your civil rights...
That's nonsense.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
Like it or not, there is one absolutely necessary thing for any debate on any matter. Which is both sides of the story. If you are denied that, your civil rights have been violated just as bad as mine have. So where are your complaints.
Both the right and the left are posting on this forum.
Quite frankly, it's you who is posing something problematic...


Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
As for Charlottesville the scum sucking nazi's did have (as is their right) a permit to use a city park. To peaceably assemble. THEY DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT, MUCH LESS A PERMIT, TO GO WALKING ARMED ACROSS PRIVATE PROPERTY THAT IS THE UNIVERSITY.
According to your logic iT is MY RIGHT to STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR HOUSE protesting you !!!!! And there is NOTHING you can do about it !!! Is THAT what you are saying ??? That every one has the RIGHT to say anything and everything EVEN ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ???? That it is my constitutionally guaranteed right to STAND ON YOUR PROPERTY AND SAY ANYTHING I WANT ?? EVEN IF IT'S NEGATIVE ABOUT YOU ???
I would love to see you answer BubbaJones's questions.
foundit66 is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:19 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightOfSappho View Post
I'm directly answering the part that I put in bold because you are making a REALLY incorrect assumption.

The government must allow free speech, as it is written into our highest law. There is no law, written or implied, that says private citizens, corporations or groups must do the same. A company has the right to fire an employee that trashes that company in a news report; a citizen has the right to demand that a person leave their house if that person curses him/her out and a forum has a right to restrict posts on it's site.

ONLY the government is restricted from punishing people for what they say.
And what you say is REALLY REALLY wrong! Do you know why the government doesn't allow itself to restrict free speech? Because doing so is a bad thing. Are you following along so far? So if it something that it is bad for a government to do, it stands to reason that it is bad for anybody to do. Does that make any sense to you?

Next, that freedom of speech is written into the bill of rights makes it both written and impilied. That it doesn't say that private citizens have to do the same means nothing. Truth is good, lies are bad. It has been that way sense before there was even a written language. And sense before there were even humans. Even sense there was even a Milky Way galaxy. Into infinity.

Next, there is your silly argument about a guest in your house. If you invite a person into your house on the grounds that once they are in there they can say whatever they want, (as long as it is truthful) then you should have no right to kick them out for whatever they say. But you do have the right to kick them out at any time. Even if they are being plesant. Though if you ever want them to come back, you shouldn't do that. Also, what if the home owner deserves to be cursed out. Don't you think that kicking them out for that reason would be unethical?
fandango is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:28 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Sister View Post
DTT never violated your civil rights and you found a new home to express your opinions. Watch out for USMB because any member can violate you. Chill Out and relax in your new forum of enlightened intellectuals.
Do you mean to tell me that if I wrote certain words as they should be written I wouldn't have been banned? That I am not allowed to do so means my civil rights are being violated. As for USMB, nobody there concerns me. If they disagree with me, I trounce their arguments. It's the mods that concern me. Because they don't like their members to be trounced. Or to read things that they may find unplesant. It could caused them to go to another forum. So they ban me instead.
fandango is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:38 PM   #18
Spud
 
foundit66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: California
Posts: 5,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
And what you say is REALLY REALLY wrong! Do you know why the government doesn't allow itself to restrict free speech? Because doing so is a bad thing.
And this is codified in the first amendment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
Are you following along so far? So if it something that it is bad for a government to do, it stands to reason that it is bad for anybody to do. Does that make any sense to you?
Yes.
Because "WE THE PEOPLE" run the government. It cannot be used as a tool to silence people.
But individuals have rights. And your right to "speech" ends where you ask that the speech has to be allowed, uncensored ON SOMEBODY ELSE'S PROPERTY.
i.e. this web-site.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
Next, that freedom of speech is written into the bill of rights makes it both written and impilied. That it doesn't say that private citizens have to do the same means nothing.
ROFLMAO!!!
I find it funny how right-wingers will often scream that things aren't written in the constitution exactly as discussed.
But here, you want to pretend that the absence of a restriction on people shouldn't mean anything.

Here's a history lesson for you...
THE ENTIRE BILL OF RIGHTS was written as a restriction on the government. The founding fathers had just gotten finished establishing a variety of powers that the federal government could do.
And then the Bill of Rights explains a variety of things that the federal government cannot do.

Your failure to recognize this context is a little amusing but also calls into question your education.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
Truth is good, lies are bad. It has been that way sense before there was even a written language. And sense before there were even humans. Even sense there was even a Milky Way galaxy. Into infinity.
And you have the capability to express your truth on your property.
You have no right to demand other people use their property for you to say whatever you like.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
Next, there is your silly argument about a guest in your house. If you invite a person into your house on the grounds that once they are in there they can say whatever they want, (as long as it is truthful) then you should have no right to kick them out for whatever they say. But you do have the right to kick them out at any time. Even if they are being plesant. Though if you ever want them to come back, you shouldn't do that. Also, what if the home owner deserves to be cursed out. Don't you think that kicking them out for that reason would be unethical?
Your beliefs on what constitutes "ethical" isn't really relevant.
It's the home-owners right to do so for whatever reason they choose.

And I find it funny you actually responded to that analogy, cause I am curious as to how many forum "homes" have you been kicked out of...
foundit66 is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:55 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
And you are a COMPLETE MORON !!! The Constitution says the GOVERNMENT, meaning the federal government, your state, county or city government CANNOT PUT YOU IN JAIL for expressing your opinions. China doesn't have a first amendment, there are STILL people in prison nearly 30 years after Tiananmen Square. Russia doesn't have a first amendment and Putin has certainly imprisoned more than a few of his political opponents. Most of your banana republics and a major portion of the arab world have no first amendment protections and they too routinely lock up political dissidents.

The government can't stop you from spewing your bullshit, but I am NOT required by law to listen to your erroneous bullshit. The people or company you work for is NOT required by law to support your positions.

As for Charlottesville the scum sucking nazi's did have (as is their right) a permit to use a city park. To peaceably assemble. THEY DID NOT HAVE THE RIGHT, MUCH LESS A PERMIT, TO GO WALKING ARMED ACROSS PRIVATE PROPERTY THAT IS THE UNIVERSITY.

According to your logic iT is MY RIGHT to STAND IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR HOUSE protesting you !!!!! And there is NOTHING you can do about it !!! Is THAT what you are saying ??? That every one has the RIGHT to say anything and everything EVEN ON PRIVATE PROPERTY ???? That it is my constitutionally guaranteed right to STAND ON YOUR PROPERTY AND SAY ANYTHING I WANT ?? EVEN IF IT'S NEGATIVE ABOUT YOU ???
Are you trying to be wrong? Or is it that just comes naturally to you. You start out by talking about the federal government, then go into state, county and city. Try making your point a little more clear. Next, fuck the government. The first amendment aside, there isn't anything that any other government does that the U.S. isn't also guilty of. Next, I never said anything about requiring anybody to listen to me. What I am talking about is the right to say it. Neither did I say anything about requiring anybody to "support" what I have to say. Being allowed to say it is my only concern.

Next, just about everything you have heard and continue to hear about Hitler and WW II in general is a complete lie. In believing it, that makes you scum. Not the Nazis. Next, I don't know all of what happened in the event you speak of. But as far as the university goes, fuck them. During the Vietnam war era, there was a little incident at Kent State University that you should read up on.

Apart from that, there should be no such thing as private property in this country. With one exception. I don't know how much land it takes to have an average size house with an average size yard around it. But every person should be allowed to privately own that much land and whatever is on it. Right now, I bet you think people are allowed to own a house. But if they quit paying taxes on it, they will find out quickly enough who really owns it.
fandango is offline  
Old July 6th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #20
Member
 
TupSum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Toronto
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
So if it something that it is bad for a government to do, it stands to reason that it is bad for anybody to do. Does that make any sense to you?
It would be very bad for a government to declare bankruptcy. But some people have done it six times



https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.ce331deec4dc

And they bragged that it was a brilliant move.

I'm mentioning this because you know, it might happen the way things are going.
Thanks from RNG
TupSum is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
civil, rights, violated



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP our rights were violated by a state police officer havocms Crime and Punishment 3 December 20th, 2017 11:35 AM
My civil rights were violated. What next? Fishface425 Civil Rights 6 June 28th, 2017 03:16 PM
Do you think DMV violated Civil Rights? Peter Forsberg Opinion Polls 26 June 23rd, 2014 01:28 AM
Senate Rejects Civil Rights Nominee For Defending Civil Rights skews13 Current Events 6 March 5th, 2014 08:38 PM
First Amendment rights being violated no rights Freedom of Speech 63 August 1st, 2008 02:26 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.