Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Civil Rights Civil and Political Rights Forum - Civil rights and liberties


Thanks Tree39Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2018, 04:39 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
The only rule I follow is the truth.
~snip~.
You can express any opinion and follow the rules.

You will follow the posted rules. You agreed to do that.

I'm holding you to it.
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 9th, 2018, 06:59 PM   #42
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
You can express any opinion and follow the rules.

You will follow the posted rules. You agreed to do that.

I'm holding you to it.
fandango is an interesting character. I enjoy his posts. It's like trying to complete a cryptoquote, sometimes, but with thoughts instead of letters.
GluteusMaximus is offline  
Old July 9th, 2018, 07:52 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by GluteusMaximus View Post
fandango is an interesting character. I enjoy his posts. It's like trying to complete a cryptoquote, sometimes, but with thoughts instead of letters.
I understand, however, while he may be new to you, he's the 10th or 20th iteration of the same guy.

Stale.
Thanks from foundit66
imaginethat is online now  
Old July 9th, 2018, 08:18 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Bookworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
But if there is something that it is wrong for a government to do, it should apply to those the government rules.
Does this work for positive actions the government takes as well as restrictions? For example, the government can print money. If the government can do it, then shouldn't the people the government rules also be able to print money?
Bookworm is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 03:29 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
KnightOfSappho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
And what you say is REALLY REALLY wrong! Do you know why the government doesn't allow itself to restrict free speech? Because doing so is a bad thing. Are you following along so far? So if it something that it is bad for a government to do, it stands to reason that it is bad for anybody to do. Does that make any sense to you?
The exact point is that is does NOT stand to reason. The US Government is NOT a citizen of the United States. The Bill of rights is a list of things that the government CAN NOT do to citizens. It makes no comment upon what citizens can do to each other.

Quote:
Next, that freedom of speech is written into the bill of rights makes it both written and impilied. That it doesn't say that private citizens have to do the same means nothing. Truth is good, lies are bad. It has been that way sense before there was even a written language. And sense before there were even humans. Even sense there was even a Milky Way galaxy. Into infinity.
That it doesn't say that private citizens must do the same means EVERYTHING. An individual speaking his mind is free speech; another individual (or the whole group) laughing at him and telling the first that his opinions are crap is ALSO free speech, even if the first believes that he is being punished for having an opinion.

Quote:
Next, there is your silly argument about a guest in your house. If you invite a person into your house on the grounds that once they are in there they can say whatever they want, (as long as it is truthful) then you should have no right to kick them out for whatever they say. But you do have the right to kick them out at any time. Even if they are being plesant. Though if you ever want them to come back, you shouldn't do that. Also, what if the home owner deserves to be cursed out. Don't you think that kicking them out for that reason would be unethical?
You say SHOULD a lot. When it comes to law, should does not apply. It is either written in black and white or it doesn't exist.

Ethical and legal don't always coincide. When we are talking about rights, we are talking about what is legal, not necessarily ethical.
KnightOfSappho is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 03:53 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
KnightOfSappho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
The only rule I follow is the truth. Anybody who doesn't like it, public or private, can piss off.

Next, who am I? When it comes to telling the truth, your LORD!

Next, incoherent? Both stormfront and VNN are secretly run by jews so they can keep track of those who are against them. The reason why is stated by the statement by Lenin that I showed. How sure can you then be that the same thing isn't happening here. Also, I was told by somebody at what I think was political hotwire that most of the people around there were jews. But here in the U.S we have around 319 million people. Only around 5 million of which are jews. So don't you find it kind of strange that a forum that lets people join to discuss things should be peopled mostly by jews? And if you ever read their rules, they would probably be exactly the same ones they have here. Coincidence??? You might also wonder why MGM, Paramount, Columbia, Universal, 20th Century Fox, etc. were all owned and run by jews.

Next, did you ever read my thread "The joy of being offensive?" In it I pointed out that if you say things lightly by speaking about them in a polite and inoffensive manner, people will also take those topics lightly. Making them less likely to change. Believe me, I have been being polite. As polite as I can be. If I said what I really thought in spoken word that you could play through your computer's speaker, the words would make the paint on your walls peal. They might even cause spontaneous human combustion.
So essentially you come onto a site, ignore the rules, hurl accusations and call people names and then whine when you are banned.

Gotcha.

There is a saying that I head a long time ago:
If one man calls you an ass, ignore it.
If five men call you an ass, buy yourself a saddle.


If you want to sit around and blame everyone else for your actions, it is your right to do so; just don't expect to be taken seriously.
KnightOfSappho is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:25 PM   #47
Banned
 
fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundit66 View Post
It is amazing that you said the two sentences back to back without any appreciation for the irony your position represents.
It's their "house". Their rules.
You have no "civil rights" here...



Again, their rules.
And the reality is that if the owners / moderators chose to have different rules, that's their right as well.



I don't think you know what that quote means...
It really doesn't apply to your thread's complaint.



You make some of the lamest arguments I've seen.
It's neither a business nor a charity.



That should read that on 6 occasions you were actually able to recognize you were proven wrong...

One example of you being wrong is this thread and you claim it is a civil rights violation.



Okay then.
Prove that your civil rights are being violated.
Or is it more the reality that whatever fantasy you concoct in your head can't be disproven because you don't play by objective, shared rules and reality???



It's amusing that you think hitting the "Reply" button somehow "answers" those things.
You answered nothing. You make arguments out of emotion and throw a tantrum based on your perceived needs instead of recognizing the reality around you.




Sunshine, I don't care about whatever rules you want to invent to limit other people pointing out how wrong you are.
You've already shown a willingness to ignore the shared objective reality around you and your complete willingness to just make up dumb crap to suit your own selfish purposes...



Yet another thing I never said. Never even remotely intimated.
Yet another thing that demonstrates you lack rudimentary reading comprehension skills...
Just because being a slave may be working out for you, don't expect me to do what you do. Also, what if somebody invited you over to their house. But said that once inside, you had to behave exactly as they told you. Would you go? Also, as I said before, the government itself won't allow itself to limit freedom of speech. Those they rule over shouldn't be allowed to either.

Next, what if there was no forum where the truth was allowed to be spoken. (Which basically, there isn't) But the truth is important to you. Does that mean you shouldn't at least try to speak it? Even if it isn't allowed? Maybe this basically makes me a law breaker. Ever hear the Judas Priest song "Breakin the law."

Next, the quote means what it means. Also, if we lived in communist Russia back in the time of Lenin, it wouldn't apply. Because they basically had no civil rights. But we do. And if back in Lenin's time they had computers and political discussion forums, they would almost certainly have been run by the Bolsheviks. And secretly so if they were against the Bolsheviks.

Next, if it isn't a business or charity, what is it. A hobby? Or as is most likely, a way for the powers to be to let Americans think they are exercising freedom of speech without actually doing so.

Next, no. Those weren't the times that I was able to recognize that I was proven wrong. Those were the only times that I was proven wrong. Next, civil rights aren't determined by any written law. They are determined by what is in fact right or wrong. You could also view it as a basic, inalienable human right.

Next, I just proved my civil rights. And nothing I have said anywhere has been "made up." It is cold, hard fact.

Next, I do more than just hit the reply button. Next, nothing I say is based on emotion. It is based on reality. Which does in turn cause a wonderful hatred. And I do recognize the reality around me. Such as slavery. It is you who is living in a fantasy world.

Next, my rules are truth. That isn't something I made up. Next, no. I don't choose to share in your slavery reality. Next, if I said anything anywhere that you think is untrue, (besides the civil rights thing which you can't grasp) you just let me know.

Next, earlier there was somebody who replied to me. If it wasn't you, it was somebody like you. They told me to start my own forum. Which I don't have the money to do. So what that was basically saying is that the poor don't dererve a voice. Just out of curiosity, how about checking in to finding out what it would cost me to buy this forum. Let me know what you find out. Not that it matters. Because I couldn't afford it.
fandango is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:28 PM   #48
Banned
 
fandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: U.S.
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Sadly, truth has no universality.

Deal in facts would be my recommendation.
No. Truth is universal. And facts are truth.
fandango is offline  
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:36 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
noonereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
No. Truth is universal. And facts are truth.
sorry, we cant allow for personal definitions
noonereal is online now  
Old July 10th, 2018, 01:38 PM   #50
Senior Member
 
noonereal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: NYC
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by fandango View Post
their house. But said that once inside, you had to behave exactly as they told you. Would you go? .
you mean your wife lets you behave as you like?
noonereal is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Civil Rights

Tags
civil, rights, violated



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP our rights were violated by a state police officer havocms Crime and Punishment 3 December 20th, 2017 11:35 AM
My civil rights were violated. What next? Fishface425 Civil Rights 6 June 28th, 2017 03:16 PM
Do you think DMV violated Civil Rights? Peter Forsberg Opinion Polls 26 June 23rd, 2014 01:28 AM
Senate Rejects Civil Rights Nominee For Defending Civil Rights skews13 Current Events 6 March 5th, 2014 08:38 PM
First Amendment rights being violated no rights Freedom of Speech 63 August 1st, 2008 02:26 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.