Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Conservatism

Conservatism Conservatism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree23Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2017, 11:32 AM   #1
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
The Moneyman Behind the Alt-Right

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aramroston/...w3w#.praQZO7J7

Quote:
How did explicit racism move from a taboo to an open, unabashed force in American politics? A loose but sprawling internet army, often called the alt-right, gave white supremacy a massive megaphone. And with the rise of Donald Trump’s candidacy, it suddenly seemed to be everywhere at once.

In fact, that movement had an infrastructure — organizations, journals, conferences, money — that had been laid down years before. It was in large part funded by one person: a secretive and aging multimillionaire named William H. Regnery II, the most influential racist you’ve never heard of.

Despite inheriting immense wealth, having grown up in a prominent family in the conservative movement, he had managed to chalk up virtually no public success in his first six decades of life. He never graduated from college, and he floundered in his attempt at running the family business.

But starting in 1999 — when he convened a dozen other middle-aged white nationalists at an ornate seaside hotel nicknamed the Pink Palace — he has poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the quest to transform America and create what he calls a white “ethnostate.”

Regnery’s dream of an America separated completely by race seemed destined to end as just another of his failures.
His traceable donations have gone chiefly to two organizations, both of which he established and led as founding president. The first was the secretive Charles Martel Society, named for a leading figure of the European Middle Ages who fought off Muslim invaders. That organization helped create the second: the innocuously named National Policy Institute, which became a nerve center of the alt-right. In 2011, Regnery hired Richard Spencer, the charismatic speaker widely credited with coining that term, to be the NPI’s president and director.
Thoughts?
Thanks from Hollywood and right to left
Gordy is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:00 PM   #2
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,952
What is an alt Right.

oh wait anyone that is white and conservative

Your racism is astounding.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:05 PM   #3
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
What is an alt Right.

oh wait anyone that is white and conservative

Your racism is astounding.
Here you go :

Quote:
The Alternative Right is a term coined in 2008 by Richard Bertrand Spencer, who heads the white nationalist think tank known as the National Policy Institute, to describe a loose set of far-right ideals centered on “white identity” and the preservation of “Western civilization.” In 2010, Spencer, who had done stints as an editor of The American Conservative and Taki’s Magazine, launched the Alternative Right blog, where he worked to refine the movement’s ideological tenets.

Spencer describes the Alt Right as a big-tent ideology that blends the ideas of neo-reactionaries (NRx-ers), who advocate a return to an antiquated, pseudo-libertarian government that supports “traditional western civilization”; “archeofuturists,” those who advocate for a return to “traditional values” without jettisoning the advances of society and technology; human biodiversity adherents (HBDers) and “race realists,” people who generally adhere to “scientific racism”; and other extreme-right ideologies. Alt-Right adherents stridently reject egalitarianism and universalism.
Thanks from Clara007
Gordy is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #4
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
Here you go :
saying a white person is alt right is no different than calling a black person the "N" word.

Thanks for clarifying

Last edited by TNVolunteer73; October 26th, 2017 at 12:10 PM.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:09 PM   #5
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
saying someone is alt right is no different than calling a black person the "N" word.

Thanks for clarifying
That's not true at all.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:13 PM   #6
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
That's not true at all.
Yes it is,
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:55 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,600
Gordy, men like Regnery are cockroaches. They just keep crawling out of the woodwork.
We identify some--put the spotlight on them--and BINGO--there's another one. This guy is new to me. "..... he has poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the quest to transform America and create what he calls a white “ethnostate.”
I asked Ms. Google about the word "ethnostate" Here's the answer: The central theme of ethnic nationalists is that "nations are defined by a shared heritage, which usually includes a common language, a common faith, and a common ethnic ancestry".

Trump has absolutely condoned this mind-set--absolutely. His discriminatory practices started 40 years ago when he and Daddy were sued for housing discimination and LOST.
Trump, like Regnery, are....how did the guy phrase it....OH YEAH--just more comfortable with white folks. He's just not sure about JEWS. Are they white?? I guess only God knows.

This type of attitude is sickening. Truly sickening.
Thanks from Hollywood
Clara007 is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:57 PM   #8
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Gordy, men like Regnery are cockroaches. They just keep crawling out of the woodwork.
We identify some--put the spotlight on them--and BINGO--there's another one. This guy is new to me. "..... he has poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into the quest to transform America and create what he calls a white “ethnostate.”
I asked Ms. Google about the word "ethnostate" Here's the answer: The central theme of ethnic nationalists is that "nations are defined by a shared heritage, which usually includes a common language, a common faith, and a common ethnic ancestry".

Trump has absolutely condoned this mind-set--absolutely. His discriminatory practices started 40 years ago when he and Daddy were sued for housing discimination and LOST.
Trump, like Regnery, are....how did the guy phrase it....OH YEAH--just more comfortable with white folks. He's just not sure about JEWS. Are they white?? I guess only God knows.

This type of attitude is sickening. Truly sickening.
It has no basis in reality. White people are not an ethnicity or nation.

For all their talk about "personal responsibility" when it comes to Black folks, the fact that the movement was pretty much founded by a failed businessman who inherited his daddy's money is ironic.
Thanks from Clara007

Last edited by Gordy; October 26th, 2017 at 01:00 PM.
Gordy is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 12:58 PM   #9
The Token Black Guy
 
Gordy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: MD
Posts: 2,747
So I mean, which is it? Are Black people "lazy and ignorant"? Or is "Affirmative Action takin all muh jobs!"
Gordy is offline  
Old October 26th, 2017, 01:00 PM   #10
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy View Post
So I mean, which is it? Are Black people "lazy and ignorant"? Or is "Affirmative Action takin all muh jobs!"
No, it means that there are some LAZY black people there are some IGNORANT BLACK people

But there are lazy and ignorant people in all Races, Religions Ethic Groups.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Conservatism

Tags
altright, moneyman



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.