Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Conservatism

Conservatism Conservatism Forum - Political Philosophy Forum


Thanks Tree18Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2018, 05:45 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
iolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Rhondda
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Did Clinton or Obimbo serve?
Who is Obimbo? Is that some pet word for your mother amongst the Nazis?
Thanks from tristanrobin
iolo is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 05:55 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The punk should have served his own time.
Did you even know who Trump was at the time? Trump was fucking coeds for you while you were in Vietnam. That was "his Vietnam" according to him, avoiding the old drippy dick.

BTW, much as i disagree with you politics i thank you for your service.
I was stepping onto the yellow footprints at MCRD San Diego about this time of the evening 50 years ago today.
Here's where I do not follow the logic of the left......They evolved from the War Protesters who screamed that the War was wrong...Then they attack people like Trump or Rush Limbaugh because they did not participate in that War.. Now which is it?? or is it merely a platform to denigrate someone whose politics you disagree with...

Same with John McCain....If Trump says something the left interprets as disrespectful of McCain they go nuts.....But did they react the same way back in '08 when Obama and the Democrats were running against him??... Now which is it??
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 5th, 2018, 06:14 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Lehigh Valley Pa.,USA
Posts: 8,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by GluteusMaximus View Post
No offense, but I find it highly dubious a guy who served two tours of duty in a war would rush to defend a notorious chickenhawk. A chickenhawk who pretended to have a medical ailment which magically disappeared without treatment (and he seemingly can't remember which foot it was). A chickenhawk who said the military Prep school he went to was "Just as tough as Vietnam". A chickenhawk who said he was a "brave, brave soldier" because he avoided contracting STDs in the 70's.
Nothing dubious about it....In 2016 I had 2 viable choices....either a proven negligent mishandler of classified information, who had proven she was utterly incapable of so sensitive a position, let alone an even more sensitive position....or a proven successful entrepreneur....Whom I was slightly dubious of because he was once a Democrat and donated tons of money to the Democrat Party....so your claim I am rushing to defend him is ....well.... Horseshit....

I did not vote for him in the primary... I voted for Cruz....I liked Rubio and Walker....In the whole campaign there was only two people with any military experience....Rick Perry, who was a C-130 pilot and Jim Webb a decorated Marine who served with the 5th Marines in the Arizona Territory while I was attached to the 5th....(I never was acquainted with him. though)

Which boils down to this....If you are obliviously not a conservative, and so concerned about the POTUS being a military veteran ...Did you vote for Jim Webb??...and if not why??
Jimgorn is offline  
Old June 6th, 2018, 02:40 AM   #14
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Did Clinton or Obimbo serve?
Nope. But neither of them claimed that avoiding an STD was the equivalent of combat in the jungles of Vietnam either. Neither of them ever disparaged the people who served either, like Trump has.

"Obimbo". It's always amazed me that passes for funny with the braindead set. No wonder there aren't any competent Conservative comedians.
GluteusMaximus is online now  
Old June 6th, 2018, 02:43 AM   #15
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Nothing dubious about it....In 2016 I had 2 viable choices....either a proven negligent mishandler of classified information, who had proven she was utterly incapable of so sensitive a position, let alone an even more sensitive position....or a proven successful entrepreneur....Whom I was slightly dubious of because he was once a Democrat and donated tons of money to the Democrat Party....so your claim I am rushing to defend him is ....well.... Horseshit....

I did not vote for him in the primary... I voted for Cruz....I liked Rubio and Walker....In the whole campaign there was only two people with any military experience....Rick Perry, who was a C-130 pilot and Jim Webb a decorated Marine who served with the 5th Marines in the Arizona Territory while I was attached to the 5th....(I never was acquainted with him. though)

Which boils down to this....If you are obliviously not a conservative, and so concerned about the POTUS being a military veteran ...Did you vote for Jim Webb??...and if not why??
LOL...you didn't like Hilary's handling of sensitive information, so you voted for a guy openly soliciting Moscow's backing who ALSO views Top Secret stuff on unsecured computers/phones? Well, except Hillary has never blabbed national security issues during press conferences like Trump...

Regarding Webb...I'd certainly vote for him over any draftdodging Republican coward, but I don't live in his state..
GluteusMaximus is online now  
Old June 6th, 2018, 02:48 AM   #16
PragmaticBastard
 
GluteusMaximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgorn View Post
Here's where I do not follow the logic of the left......They evolved from the War Protesters who screamed that the War was wrong...Then they attack people like Trump or Rush Limbaugh because they did not participate in that War.. Now which is it?? or is it merely a platform to denigrate someone whose politics you disagree with...

Same with John McCain....If Trump says something the left interprets as disrespectful of McCain they go nuts.....But did they react the same way back in '08 when Obama and the Democrats were running against him??... Now which is it??
You don't know what a chickenhawk is, do you? A chickenhawk is "super patriot" who loves our country going to war and sending people into battle: but who assiduously avoided serving at all costs when HE was at risk. Ted Nugent, for example, a flag waving "patriot" war lover who LITERALLY shit his pants at the prospect of combat.

Obama was never subjected to the draft, so he's not even in consideration for being a "chickenhawk". Clinton never wanted to go to war or pretended it was a cool thing to do, plus he WAS subjected to the draft but missed because of a high draft number (although I do think he received a college deferment before he was put into the system). Clinton DID wag the dog though, I'll grant you that.

Last edited by GluteusMaximus; June 6th, 2018 at 02:52 AM.
GluteusMaximus is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Political Ideologies > Conservatism

Tags
conservatives, cowardice, history, treason



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Treason is Afoot excalibur Current Events 0 June 14th, 2016 05:16 PM
More evidence of Right wing cowardice. Camelot Current Events 263 March 15th, 2016 04:18 PM
A History Lesson: Conservatives & Liberals Sunshine Political Talk 13 September 12th, 2015 06:28 PM
History-Challenged "conservatives" Medicine Man Current Events 25 August 7th, 2013 06:07 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.