Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment Crime and Punishment Forum - For topics and discussions about crime, criminals, circumstances, and punishments


Thanks Tree6Thanks
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2016, 07:40 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 2
Weapon violation case

Since 2010 I am here in Toronto, doing some jewelry business in Canada. As my job involves lot of money transactions, I always used to keep one handgun with me. That day I got some starting troubles with my car. As it was an emergency situation, I took my bike to travel. There was a routine check up on that day. In that check up the cops found my handgun. At that time only I came to know this rule, keeping weapons while riding bike is a crime in Canada. They took the gun into their custody. But the case is still going on. Will this case lead to deportation or anything like that? Is it necessary to consult any criminal defence law firm to sort out this case? I am ready to pay the penalty. I don’t want this case to be taken into the court

Last edited by imaginethat; June 13th, 2016 at 06:24 AM.
markallen is offline  
Old May 24th, 2016, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Memphis, Tn.
Posts: 16,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by markallen View Post
Since 2010 I am here in Toronto, doing some jewelry business in Canada. As my job involves lot of money transactions, I always used to keep one handgun with me. That day I got some starting troubles with my car. As it was an emergency situation, I took my bike to travel. There was a routine check up on that day. In that check up the cops found my handgun. At that time only I came to know this rule, keeping weapons while riding bike is a crime in Canada. They took the gun into their custody. But the case is still going on. Will this case lead to deportation or anything like that? Is it necessary to consult any criminal defence law firm to sort out this case? I am ready to pay the penalty. I donít want this case to be taken into the court
Talk to a lawyer in Canada, this is a political talk forum.
You'd be a fool to take legal advice in a place like this. Pay the money, seek out a qualified Canadian lawyer.
Hollywood is offline  
Old May 24th, 2016, 07:50 PM   #3
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,324
Did you have a firearms aquisition certificate? Was the gun loaded?

If the answer to the first is no, or the second is yes, you are done like dinner.

I believe it is also the law that all handguns must be in a locked box when being transported. I assume on a bike it was not.

As for deportation, I'd guess yes.
Thanks from Sabcat
RNG is offline  
Old May 25th, 2016, 01:18 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Twisted Sister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brown Township, Ohio
Posts: 9,672
Move to Georgia and do your jewelry business there. Your car or truck is considered your abode in Georgia and you do not need any permit to carry a loaded gun in your car or truck as long as it is clearly visible inside the car and can be concealed in your glove box. If your gun is on the seat next to you and covered up with a newspaper that is illegal unless you have a concealed carry permit.
Twisted Sister is offline  
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:42 AM   #5
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,149
what the hell made the OP think it was OK to waltz into another nation w/ an undeclared fire arm?

is that ok anyplace? ( ok maybe africa and the ME i dunno)

does Canada still restrict entrance from the US if you have had a DUI?
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:44 AM   #6
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
what the hell made the OP think it was OK to waltz into another nation w/ an undeclared fire arm?

is that ok anyplace? ( ok maybe africa and the ME i dunno)

does Canada still restrict entrance from the US if you have had a DUI?
It's too bad it did not happen in the U.S. He could have claimed that the gun identified as a pencil.
Thanks from Sabcat
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:53 AM   #7
Wall-crawler
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 14,191
I have never been stopped by a cop while riding a bike in Michigan .
Thanks from coke
webguy4 is offline  
Old May 25th, 2016, 07:57 AM   #8
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 24,324
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
what the hell made the OP think it was OK to waltz into another nation w/ an undeclared fire arm?

is that ok anyplace? ( ok maybe africa and the ME i dunno)

does Canada still restrict entrance from the US if you have had a DUI?
That's both ways if Canada does it too. The US has considered a DUI a felony at least since the 1980s and that would prevent entry into the US.

Although getting a pardon for that is easy if you wait two years and keep your nose clean.
Thanks from coke
RNG is offline  
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:10 AM   #9
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,149
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
That's both ways if Canada does it too. The US has considered a DUI a felony at least since the 1980s and that would prevent entry into the US.

Although getting a pardon for that is easy if you wait two years and keep your nose clean.
a DUI is not a felony in the states. gross misdemeanor at best. it is an "escalating" offense so if you rack up a bunch of them or cause damage they could move to felony DUI.
Sabcat is offline  
Old May 25th, 2016, 08:49 AM   #10
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
That's both ways if Canada does it too. The US has considered a DUI a felony at least since the 1980s and that would prevent entry into the US.

Although getting a pardon for that is easy if you wait two years and keep your nose clean.
No it is not both ways. That is a Canadian thing only. It is a way for Canada to collect 200.00 bucks for a "queens pardon". The United States does not bar entry over DUI
coke is offline  
Closed Thread

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Issues > Crime and Punishment

Tags
case, violation, weapon



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which weapon is least used most often to commit murder TNVolunteer73 Current Events 2 January 4th, 2016 09:11 AM
A curious weapon ericthered World History 2 December 27th, 2015 07:55 AM
Iran Missile Test A Likely UN Violation excalibur Current Events 24 October 17th, 2015 08:35 AM
President Obama he answer queston about Israel Human Rights Violation Carlsson Political Talk 0 September 27th, 2013 06:34 PM
Check this weapon out! roastpork Gun Control 14 September 13th, 2013 11:58 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.