Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree7Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #11
Banned
 
Medicine Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 9,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumara View Post
The Darwinists, like Dawkins have never given a satisfactory explanation of the beginnings.
Please!!

It's merely a "coincidence" this looks like an ancestor of Mitch McConnell's????




Quote:

"It's common knowledge that all land-based animals originated from the primordial sea, but just exactly how still remains a mystery to scientists. According to new research focusing on the some rather fishy hips, the evolution to walking could have started before any of our ancestors even set foot on land.

Scientists taking a look at some of humans' closest fish relatives found some rather strong evidence that the structural integrity needed in the hipbone to walk on dry land began forming while tetrapod ancestors were still swimming.

"Many of the muscles thought to be 'new' in tetrapods evolved from muscles already present in lungfish. We also found evidence of a new, more simple path by which skeletal structures would have evolved," said study lead author Dr. Catherine Boisvert from the Australian Regenerative Medicine Institute at Monash University."
Thanks from Mrs. CJ Parker
Medicine Man is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #12
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Darwin and evolution is their god. That is why they defend it with religious zeal. Sons of monkeys, all of them.
excalibur is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 01:58 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
mytmouse57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 6,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
Darwin and evolution is their god. That is why they defend it with religious zeal. Sons of monkeys, all of them.
Evolution, like gravity, is both observed fact, and theory. (or rather more accurately, a collection of theories.)

And willful ignorance and dismissal of science is no better than spitting in God's face, IMO.
mytmouse57 is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #14
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumara
As a philosopher and a scientist himself, having worked in the field of geophysics for Atlantic Richfield
Enough said.

Plus he's an evil oil baron.
RNG is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #15
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmouse57 View Post
Evolution, like gravity, is both observed fact, and theory. (or rather more accurately, a collection of theories.)

And willful ignorance and dismissal of science is no better than spitting in God's face, IMO.
If there really were science behind evolution, but there isn't.

I don't believe in a God who started someone in His image and likeness as some tiny monkey-like critter. Only to have it 'evolve' into that image and likeness a million or more years later.

Even Charles Darwin doubted what he wrote, which was started by his father in fact.

The book 'Bones of Contention' is a good starting point, by Marvin L. Lubenow.
excalibur is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #16
Senior Citizen and Proud
 
Mrs. CJ Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Anderson, IN
Posts: 2,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Orleans Parish School Board Bans Creationism And Texan 'New History' Textbooks | Addicting Info


*


“No history textbook shall be approved which has been adjusted in accordance with the State of Texas revisionist guidelines nor shall any science textbook be approved which presents creationism or intelligent design as science or scientific theories.”


*


In case you’re unclear what it is the Orleans Parish School Board is referring to, it has to do with a controversy from last couple of years in which Tea Party fanatics rewrote the guidelines for Texan textbooks. They decided it would be more “American” if they downplayed the horrors of slavery and the South’s role in it and at the same time more or less removing Thomas Jefferson from the books altogether. Why Jefferson? Because he coined the phrase “Separation of Church and State.”

They did this in LA? Really? Jindal must be feeling vulnerable in the next election. Hooray...shout down the radical right.
Mrs. CJ Parker is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
If there really were science behind evolution, but there isn't.
That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have seen in my entire time on DTT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
I don't believe in a God who started someone in His image and likeness as some tiny monkey-like critter. Only to have it 'evolve' into that image and likeness a million or more years later.
It really doesn't matter what you believe...your belief (or disbelief) do not change the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
Even Charles Darwin doubted what he wrote, which was started by his father in fact.

The book 'Bones of Contention' is a good starting point, by Marvin L. Lubenow.
And Einstein doubted quantum theory....doesn't change the fact that it's is one of the most successful theories in science history.

Same with evolution.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: usa
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
If there really were science behind evolution, but there isn't.

I don't believe in a God who started someone in His image and likeness as some tiny monkey-like critter. Only to have it 'evolve' into that image and likeness a million or more years later.

Even Charles Darwin doubted what he wrote, which was started by his father in fact.

The book 'Bones of Contention' is a good starting point, by Marvin L. Lubenow.
your statement falls apart in the very first sentence you have about as much proof for your god as i have against it so until we have concrete evidence for or against his existence god will not be a major part of science. 2nd darwin probably did doubt his theory at some point it was something new and radical and even though he had proof he probably felt the pressure of other scientist. but as we moved forward in science with advancements such as the mapping of the human genome and DNA research we have only proved darwin right
averageGuy1996 is offline  
Old May 14th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #19
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Orleans Parish School Board Bans Creationism And Texan 'New History' Textbooks | Addicting Info


*


“No history textbook shall be approved which has been adjusted in accordance with the State of Texas revisionist guidelines nor shall any science textbook be approved which presents creationism or intelligent design as science or scientific theories.”


*


In case you’re unclear what it is the Orleans Parish School Board is referring to, it has to do with a controversy from last couple of years in which Tea Party fanatics rewrote the guidelines for Texan textbooks. They decided it would be more “American” if they downplayed the horrors of slavery and the South’s role in it and at the same time more or less removing Thomas Jefferson from the books altogether. Why Jefferson? Because he coined the phrase “Separation of Church and State.”
When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know, the end result is tyranny and oppression no matter how holy the motives.Robert A. Heinlein
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 517
"False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for everyone takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness; and when this is done, one path toward error is closed and the road to truth is often at the same time opened."
- Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man, and Selection in Relation to Sex, Vol. II, Ch. XXI, “General Summary and Conclusion," p. 385 (1871)

Darwin’s theory of evolution by natural selection has been established by proof based upon empirical evidence and verified by genetic experimentation on plants and animals, and overwhelmingly accepted by the scientific community. Contrast to this are the claims of "Creationists" paraded as science under the rubric of "Intelligent Design" that is based on the assumption that life was created, which, of necessity, assumes the existence of a "Creator." Such argument is mere speculation and inconsistent with scientific method, for it is nothing more than a presumption that is not evidence, much less proof. The same arguments and challenges to evolution advanced by the proponents of "Intelligent Design" were proved to have no support in the scientific community and ruled to be religious doctrine and not science. SeeTammy Kitzmiller, et al. v. Dover Area School District, et al., 400 F.Supp.2d 707 (M.D. Pa. 2005). To posit creationism as a theological explanation is one thing; but to posture it as science is unsupportable if not outright dishonest, and only reflects discredit upon religious belief.
Mr. Jaggers is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
bans, board, books, creationism, louisiana, school, texas, text



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Board Sued for Bullying ex-gays garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 8 May 22nd, 2012 08:53 AM
Texas State Board of Indoctrination tadpole256 Current Events 0 July 19th, 2010 12:37 PM
Texas Teachers Carry Books and Guns garysher Current Events 11 October 23rd, 2009 09:09 PM
Texas Teachers Carry Books and Guns Gun Control 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM
Texas State Board of Indoctrination Freedom of Speech 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.