Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree7Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:56 PM   #51
Truth Troll
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viking World
Posts: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
I HAVE read the bible....it is one the main reasons I'm an atheist.

A Pew Center poll from a year or two ago showed that the people with the MOST knowledge about the Bible were atheists.

As far as the "Do Not Kill" rule.....If Moses delivered that law...then why did god tell Joshua (who is supposed to have come AFTER Moses) to violate it?
Having the Bible, having READ the Bible and having UNDERSTOOD the Bible are three COMPLETELY different things.

You are VERY ignorant of the topic of the Bible, for the law of Moses DID apply to people AFTER MOSES, but not to people AFTER CHRIST.

But had you read the Bible you would understand that the Bible teaches you a law far higher end "do not kill", which is a very basic law giving to those who lack understanding such as yourself
Nienna is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
No one is asking to prove a negative. I am asking that someone prove it was a cosmic accident.

in simple terms the universe just happened.

I look at the universe, and I understand how the eye that allows me to view it work... the Odds fo it just "Happened" is too great for me to logically accept.
And no one is claiming it "just happened"...that would be the equivalent of melting sand and getting a high precision lens from the resulting glass.

Evolution is about small changes over large periods of time that are "directed" by natural selection.

The eye did not "just happen"....it took small changes over millions of years...with unsuccessful versions being weeded out.

For example...if you had an infinitely large box...and inside that box were blocks that each had a different letter painted on them....and you blindly reached into that box an pulled out 25 blocks the odds of pulling out the blocks (in the proper order) to spell "Four Score and Seven Years Ago" would be insane.

BUT if you had millions of years to do it....and every time you pulled out a letter you tossed it back if it didn't belong....eventually you would spell that phrase out. Given enough time you could write every book ever published in the English language!

People seem to think that evolution happened overnight...or that the changes made from generation to generation were stark and obvious.

But that is because we have human perception....recorded history is only a few thousand years old.....humans almost cannot comprehend the MILLIONS of years it took for life to evolve to the point where it is today.
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Having the Bible, having READ the Bible and having UNDERSTOOD the Bible are three COMPLETELY different things.

You are VERY ignorant of the topic of the Bible, for the law of Moses DID apply to people AFTER MOSES, but not to people AFTER CHRIST.

But had you read the Bible you would understand that the Bible teaches you a law far higher end "do not kill", which is a very basic law giving to those who lack understanding such as yourself
I know more about the Bible then you do apparently.

Joshua was AFTER Moses but BEFORE Christ....

Why did god direct Joshua to violate the laws that he (god) had given to Moses?
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:01 PM   #54
Truth Troll
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viking World
Posts: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
And no one is claiming it "just happened"...that would be the equivalent of melting sand and getting a high precision lens from the resulting glass.

Evolution is about small changes over large periods of time that are "directed" by natural selection.

The eye did not "just happen"....it took small changes over millions of years...with unsuccessful versions being weeded out.

For example...if you had an infinitely large box...and inside that box were blocks that each had a different letter painted on them....and you blindly reached into that box an pulled out 25 blocks the odds of pulling out the blocks (in the proper order) to spell "Four Score and Seven Years Ago" would be insane.

BUT if you had millions of years to do it....and every time you pulled out a letter you tossed it back if it didn't belong....eventually you would spell that phrase out. Given enough time you could write every book ever published in the English language!

People seem to think that evolution happened overnight...or that the changes made from generation to generation were stark and obvious.

But that is because we have human perception....recorded history is only a few thousand years old.....humans almost cannot comprehend the MILLIONS of years it took for life to evolve to the point where it is today.
Good, evolution did not "just happen" fine. But what started it? Or did the beginning of it "just happen"?

If there was no beginning then it must mean that some things evolve and others not right?

If there was one then it must mean that the beginning "just happened" so to speak if there was no intelligent creator behind it.
Nienna is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #55
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
And no one is claiming it "just happened"...that would be the equivalent of melting sand and getting a high precision lens from the resulting glass.

Evolution is about small changes over large periods of time that are "directed" by natural selection.

The eye did not "just happen"....it took small changes over millions of years...with unsuccessful versions being weeded out.

For example...if you had an infinitely large box...and inside that box were blocks that each had a different letter painted on them....and you blindly reached into that box an pulled out 25 blocks the odds of pulling out the blocks (in the proper order) to spell "Four Score and Seven Years Ago" would be insane.


BUT if you had millions of years to do it....and every time you pulled out a letter you tossed it back if it didn't belong....eventually you would spell that phrase out. Given enough time you could write every book ever published in the English language!

People seem to think that evolution happened overnight...or that the changes made from generation to generation were stark and obvious.

But that is because we have human perception....recorded history is only a few thousand years old.....humans almost cannot comprehend the MILLIONS of years it took for life to evolve to the point where it is today.
I have never seen where one species became another.

Now I have seen where Traits of the same species has changed (note the species does not change, things like color or smll physical characteristics are promnenet)

For example Bengal Tigers, that lived in open areas mountians etc. have longer legs than the Bengal Tigers that live in the jungle.

the tigers in open areas must rely on speed to catch their prey.. while those in the jungle must depend on strenght and power much more.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:05 PM   #56
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 31,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
Having the Bible, having READ the Bible and having UNDERSTOOD the Bible are three COMPLETELY different things.

You are VERY ignorant of the topic of the Bible, for the law of Moses DID apply to people AFTER MOSES, but not to people AFTER CHRIST.

But had you read the Bible you would understand that the Bible teaches you a law far higher end "do not kill", which is a very basic law giving to those who lack understanding such as yourself
Is it the bible you understand or the teachings of one particular sect that claims to follow the bible? So parts of the bible say don't kill and parts of the bible tell you to kill. Why is one part more believable than another and who decides which is the correct part?
RNG is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #57
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Is it the bible you understand or the teachings of one particular sect that claims to follow the bible? So parts of the bible say don't kill and parts of the bible tell you to kill. Why is one part more believable than another and who decides which is the correct part?
Once again you are using a translation the KJV..

The KJV translates the term Murder as Kill..

Murdering someone is different than killing someone.

you can kill another person, and it not be murder..
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
I have never seen where one species became another.

Now I have seen where Traits of the same species has changed (note the species does not change, things like color or smll physical characteristics are promnenet)

For example Bengal Tigers, that lived in open areas mountians etc. have longer legs than the Bengal Tigers that live in the jungle.

the tigers in open areas must rely on speed to catch their prey.. while those in the jungle must depend on strenght and power much more.
Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

Observed speciation - EvoWiki
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 16,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Once again you are using a translation the KJV..

The KJV translates the term Murder as Kill..

Murdering someone is different than killing someone.

you can kill another person, and it not be murder..
Then why did god order Joshua to MURDER people?
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #60
Truth Troll
 
Nienna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Viking World
Posts: 3,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
Is it the bible you understand or the teachings of one particular sect that claims to follow the bible? So parts of the bible say don't kill and parts of the bible tell you to kill. Why is one part more believable than another and who decides which is the correct part?
Look you would understand ALL of that if you read the Bible, which clearly teaches this weather you believe in one religion or no religion.

But if we go into all of that we would get off topic. Besides the Bible is a very big book, if you want to understand it then READ it.

But suffice it to say that yes, some in the Bible are commanded to kill and others are commanded not to kill. God has according to the Bible commanded to kill in few cases, though it generally teaches not to kill, and it explains why later with the higher law of which Christ comes the spiritual law which actually is above ALL laws and commandments.

If you wish to understand this concept just think of it this way.

You would not teach an infant about sex or the constitution would you?
Ofcause not, there are many things they have to learn and understand before they are ready for such teachings.

So it is with the Bible and the laws of God, the better we are the higher law we live by and the more blessings we can receive according to the law we live by.

The spiritual law or moral law taught of in the Bible is highest.
The commandments in the Bible or law of moses is lower, like the legal laws of man or ethics.

Learn this, and I will gladly teach you more later under another topic.

I find it rediculous to ban creationism in schools, when so many lies are allowed taught in schools. I wish there were wiser people in the school boards who saw what teachings has value and what teachings doesn't.
Nienna is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
bans, board, books, creationism, louisiana, school, texas, text



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
School Board Sued for Bullying ex-gays garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 8 May 22nd, 2012 08:53 AM
Texas State Board of Indoctrination tadpole256 Current Events 0 July 19th, 2010 12:37 PM
Texas Teachers Carry Books and Guns garysher Current Events 11 October 23rd, 2009 09:09 PM
Texas Teachers Carry Books and Guns Gun Control 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM
Texas State Board of Indoctrination Freedom of Speech 0 December 31st, 1969 04:00 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.