Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 3 Post By caconservative
  • 1 Post By Truth Detector
  • 1 Post By Tony
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,522
Staying Stupid: Why Hip Young Republicans Can't Change Their Party Or Themselve's

The National Memo Staying Stupid: Why The ?Hip? Young Republicans Can?t Change Their Party (Or Themselves)




By proclaiming that their defeats are due mainly to technological inferiority or bad messaging, the young Republicans ignore the underlying source of popular disdain for their party. It is true that their technology was feeble, their candidate and consultants were incompetent, and their messaging was often repellent. But the self-styled hipsters of the right are in fact not much different from the Tea Party octogenarians in their hostility to government investment, social insurance, health care, education, and industry and both are in conflict with the evolving attitudes of young Americans across all demographic lines.

The disgruntled figures who spoke with Draper represent almost nobody in the GOP, compared with the legions commanded by Limbaugh and the religious right. But if their fantasy could be made real, what shape would it take: A tech-savvy, gay-friendly, 21st-century Calvin Coolidge? A composite of Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and Rand Paul?

Good luck with that.
skews13 is offline  
Old February 19th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The National Memo Staying Stupid: Why The ?Hip? Young Republicans Can?t Change Their Party (Or Themselves)




By proclaiming that their defeats are due mainly to technological inferiority or bad messaging, the young Republicans ignore the underlying source of popular disdain for their party. It is true that their technology was feeble, their candidate and consultants were incompetent, and their messaging was often repellent. But the self-styled hipsters of the right are in fact not much different from the Tea Party octogenarians in their hostility to government investment, social insurance, health care, education, and industry and both are in conflict with the evolving attitudes of young Americans across all demographic lines.

The disgruntled figures who spoke with Draper represent almost nobody in the GOP, compared with the legions commanded by Limbaugh and the religious right. But if their fantasy could be made real, what shape would it take: A tech-savvy, gay-friendly, 21st-century Calvin Coolidge? A composite of Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and Rand Paul?

Good luck with that.

So what this comes down to is which Party is going to supply the most entitlements to garner votes? If ever there was an opposing argument to be made, you just made it.
Thanks from Jimmyb, Tony and Indy772012
caconservative is offline  
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
So what this comes down to is which Party is going to supply the most entitlements to garner votes? If ever there was an opposing argument to be made, you just made it.
Only one problem, as usual, he copied and pasted the post. He can't take credit for solidifying the entitlement vs work-for-a-living debate so eloquently.
Indy772012 is offline  
Old February 19th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #4
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,952
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us...poll.html?_r=0

uh oh it appears the Stupidity does not lean YOUNG GOP RIGHT..

but SKEWS TOWARD THE NUMBER 13... uh oh Skews shows us he isn't the Brightest Bulb in the closed Refrigerator.

"Tea Party supporters are wealthier and more well-educated than the general public,"


DARN FACTS SHOOT SKEWS13 DOWN EVERY TIME.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #5
Banned
 
Truth Detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura CA
Posts: 7,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The National Memo Staying Stupid: Why The ?Hip? Young Republicans Can?t Change Their Party (Or Themselves)




By proclaiming that their defeats are due mainly to technological inferiority or bad messaging, the young Republicans ignore the underlying source of popular disdain for their party. It is true that their technology was feeble, their candidate and consultants were incompetent, and their messaging was often repellent. But the self-styled hipsters of the right are in fact not much different from the Tea Party octogenarians in their hostility to government investment, social insurance, health care, education, and industry and both are in conflict with the evolving attitudes of young Americans across all demographic lines.

The disgruntled figures who spoke with Draper represent almost nobody in the GOP, compared with the legions commanded by Limbaugh and the religious right. But if their fantasy could be made real, what shape would it take: A tech-savvy, gay-friendly, 21st-century Calvin Coolidge? A composite of Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, and Rand Paul?

Good luck with that.
We know why Obama won re-election; empty headed low information voters who think the Federal Government "invests" in things.

Let's be very clear; Government cannot do anything until it first forcefully extracts it from those who earn it. Stealing what someone earns to give it to individuals who have done nothing for it is an abomination that can only be supported by empty headed low information voters who can't add and wouldn't know reality and economics if it slapped them on their empty skulls.

But hey, since when did reality, facts or the truth ever stop low information voters from parroting the idiot talking points of the DNC?

Carry on.
Thanks from caconservative
Truth Detector is offline  
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
We know why Obama won re-election; empty headed low information voters who think the Federal Government "invests" in things.

Let's be very clear; Government cannot do anything until it first forcefully extracts it from those who earn it. Stealing what someone earns to give it to individuals who have done nothing for it is an abomination that can only be supported by empty headed low information voters who can't add and wouldn't know reality and economics if it slapped them on their empty skulls.

But hey, since when did reality, facts or the truth ever stop low information voters from parroting the idiot talking points of the DNC?

Carry on.
Obama did what's always been pro forma to do...except he stretched it to new heights. To wit: politicians get into office by pleasing lobbyists that will support them. It's "once I'm elected I'll" and so on. The election is "bought". Obama just stretched it to include a lot of people that were self-disenfranchised by refusing to get a fully rounded education, live up to any sort of moral standard, and work hard for a living. He just spread his cheeks wider, that's all...
Thanks from Truth Detector
Tony is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
change, hip, party, republicans, staying, stupid, themselve, young



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Republicans main enemy is within their own party Tyler Cornwall Current Events 134 January 26th, 2013 05:32 AM
Republicans - The Party Of 'family Values'? knot_e_lady Politicians 1 April 22nd, 2011 02:16 PM
Republicans: From 'party of no' to 'party of stop' rumpelstiltskin Politicians 119 November 2nd, 2010 12:43 PM
Video: Young Generation Demand REAL CHANGE YearOfYouth Politicians 1 December 17th, 2009 07:32 AM
Real change in campaign '08: Stop hating the other party. Tirya Politicians 1 September 19th, 2008 10:40 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.