Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree30Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:20 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
That is a blatant lie. Our Ambassador and some CIA agents died because they were involved in trying to protect our national security interests and to track weapons looted after the fall of Qaddafi. Stop spreading this BS as if it were the truth. You ignore the truth like it was the plague.

Now, now. Protecting the 'Saint Reagan' is first and foremost to telling the truth.

LOL! I sound like them talking about Obama! What a world, what a world....
Thanks from waitingtables
Kate is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:27 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Iran Contra had nothing to do with the Gulf war?

Iran Contra was where we ARMED IRAN to fight against Iraq. (thus the name IRAN contra) not (Iraq Contra).

Iran Contra if nothing else weakened Saddam.

We sold small arms to Iran, took the Profits and funded Freedom Fighters in Central America and We kept 2 enemies fighting each other, while Creating 4 Republics in Central American Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatmala and Honduras.

We defeated Dictatorships in our hemisphere and did not lose one american life doing so.

Obama had the SAme opportuity in 2009 if he had Supported the Green Party in Iran in 2009.
Well, if you don't count all the lives lost to crack cocaine, then yeah, we did not lose one American life.
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Now, now. Protecting the 'Saint Reagan' is first and foremost to telling the truth.

LOL! I sound like them talking about Obama! What a world, what a world....
Come on over to the "other" side Kate. Just say no to Republocratism.
Thanks from Kate
imaginethat is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 07:57 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 1,079
The Left's sickening hypocrisy has reared it's ugly head again! The facts clearly show it's a coverup of Obama's incompetence that caused the torture and death of four Americans, but they don't care, because they worship Obama and continue to believe all of his outrageous lies, even when the facts keep contradicting him. Obama has really put one over on all you gullible liberals and he has you under his thumb!
sumara is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:04 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumara View Post
The Left's sickening hypocrisy has reared it's ugly head again! The facts clearly show it's a coverup of Obama's incompetence that caused the torture and death of four Americans, but they don't care, because they worship Obama and continue to believe all of his outrageous lies, even when the facts keep contradicting him. Obama has really put one over on all you gullible liberals and he has you under his thumb!
You know, i really do think you are wrong. I can't prove it, and i guess that's where it lies. But can you HONESTLY prove what you are touting?! And by honestly, do you really believe the people espousing this are telling YOU the truth?
Kate is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:17 AM   #36
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
You know, i really do think you are wrong. I can't prove it, and i guess that's where it lies. But can you HONESTLY prove what you are touting?! And by honestly, do you really believe the people espousing this are telling YOU the truth?
He does believe it apparently. Which is more than I can say for the republicans in the Senate and the Congress. I highly doubt that they actually believe what they are claiming about this. It was originally pounced on as a way to gain in an election. And that failed. Now they are using it to hold up cabinet confirmations. They are shameless. Especially because they don't believe their own hype. Then it comes back to bite them in the ass when they actually take a position that falls outside of their fringe radical rhetoric, like McCain did at his town hall meeting. Those people who were not going along with what he was trying to convince them of were fed all that nonsense by his party, even though they knew better, and now the people that they convinced of their nonsense, actually believe it and are holding them to it. That is the dangers of that kind of political strategy.
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
baloney_detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Iran Contra had nothing to do with the Gulf war?

Iran Contra was where we ARMED IRAN to fight against Iraq. (thus the name IRAN contra) not (Iraq Contra).

Iran Contra if nothing else weakened Saddam.

We sold small arms to Iran, took the Profits and funded Freedom Fighters in Central America and We kept 2 enemies fighting each other, while Creating 4 Republics in Central American Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Guatmala and Honduras.

We defeated Dictatorships in our hemisphere and did not lose one american life doing so.

Obama had the SAme opportuity in 2009 if he had Supported the Green Party in Iran in 2009.
Evidence suggests that one motive behind the sales of TOW and Hawk missiles to Iran via Israel during the Iran-Iraq War was to try to secure the release of American hostages that were, at the time, being held by Hezbollah-linked militants in Lebanon.

And that goal, the freeing of hostages being held in Lebanon, was not entirely successful.

And, so much for the notion that America would not trade arms for hostages.
Thanks from Kate
baloney_detector is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:39 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
baloney_detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post

We defeated Dictatorships in our hemisphere and did not lose one american life doing so.

Obama had the SAme opportuity in 2009 if he had Supported the Green Party in Iran in 2009.
As far as I can tell, there are no actual political parties in Iran. And, what you call the "Green Party" was really more of a disorganized and almost leaderless movement.

And, although I do think Obama should have spoken and perhaps acted more in support of free, fair, and democratic elections in Iran in 2009, I think it is quite a pipe dream to believe that even overwhelming support of that Green Movement by the US would have eventually toppled the Iranian regime.

(Indeed, as far as I can tell, some of the Iranians who associated with the Green Movement were primarily protesting over the results of their Presidential election rather than seeking the complete overthrow of the Iranian government.)
Thanks from waitingtables
baloney_detector is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 09:43 AM   #39
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Sometimes it is better when we stay back and keep a bit quiet. Obama mentioned his support for the people of Iran and spoke out against the government's violence. But if he were to go too strong, it would have the opposite effect there of what we would like it to be.
Thanks from baloney_detector
waitingtables is offline  
Old February 21st, 2013, 10:09 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
baloney_detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Sometimes it is better when we stay back and keep a bit quiet. Obama mentioned his support for the people of Iran and spoke out against the government's violence. But if he were to go too strong, it would have the opposite effect there of what we would like it to be.
The hardliners in Iran promote the idea that America (and Israel) are their greatest enemies in order to help themselves maintain power. And, this sort of play book works to some extent in most, if not all, countries. And those Iranian hardliners would certainly have made use of any regime-change support signals coming from America during that period in 2009.

(Another detail to consider is Iran and the P5+1 were in negotiations concerning Iran's nuclear program right about the same time as the 2009 Iranian presidential election. And, typically governments-including Iran's government-don't like to step on each other's toes when they are negotiating major issues between themselves.)
Thanks from waitingtables
baloney_detector is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
benghazi, bigger, coverup, irancontra, watergate



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Como Se Dice Watergate? Burglar Wants to Forget highway80west Crime and Punishment 0 June 15th, 2012 09:48 AM
Rex 84-Oliver North Testifies at the Iran-Contra Hearings Radicalcentrist Conspiracy Theories 18 June 15th, 2012 04:39 AM
Israel has been arming Iran since Ollie North & Iran Contra! Martin Timothy Political Talk 0 August 4th, 2010 03:52 PM
McCain linked to private group in Iran-Contra case Cubbie Politicians 1 October 7th, 2008 09:12 PM
George Bush Jr. has appointed numerous felons and others from the Iran Contra scandal intangible child Crime and Punishment 0 July 13th, 2008 01:26 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.