Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree7Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #21
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,327


This is what a place that used Coal liquification looks like.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #22
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,327



and this is what you can do when you fish the lake around a coal liquification plant.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 02:07 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post



and this is what you can do when you fish the lake around a coal liquification plant.

I'd like to get a better view of those fish!

3-eyed fish found in nuclear lake | The Sun |News

Eyeless shrimp and mutant fish raise concerns over BP spill effects | Fox News

Ew! Eyeless shrimp and deformed fish now routinely caught in the Gulf | Grist

intangible child is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 04:19 AM   #24
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,327
they were deformed fish caught before the spill.

More oil seeps into the ocean natually than from the oil spill

I was fishing in the gulf 1 year after the spill.. we caught the largest snapper we have ever caught.. No 3 eyes, no eyeless ..

Heck there are eyeless catfish in mammoth cave. wait no oil spilled into mammoth cave.

TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
they were deformed fish caught before the spill.

More oil seeps into the ocean natually than from the oil spill

I was fishing in the gulf 1 year after the spill.. we caught the largest snapper we have ever caught.. No 3 eyes, no eyeless ..

Heck there are eyeless catfish in mammoth cave. wait no oil spilled into mammoth cave.

Was the large snapper, red, Captain? < NOT APPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN! > Urban Dictionary: red snapper

Last edited by intangible child; February 25th, 2013 at 06:23 AM.
intangible child is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 06:33 AM   #26
Banned
 
Truth Detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura CA
Posts: 7,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible child View Post
[B]Isn't this pretty?
The sky always seems to be falling for leftist whacko environmentalists whose only acceptable outcome is to drive an economy to a grinding halt.

But here in LA, the air quality has significantly improved since I was a teen without the need for emotional hysterics and destroying an economy.

As I stated earlier, living in and of itself is fraught with risk. Yet the whacko's on the left foolishly think that one can remove all risk by creating a world that would starve and kill of millions. Perhaps that is their goal.

But until the environmental whacko's can come up with economical alternatives to fossil fuels, all their emotional hysterics will, and should, fall on deaf ears.

You can attack those evil oil companies and coal companies all you want, but as long as you drive a car, take a train and use electricity, you're a hypocrite. The world you and the whacko's want does not exist, nor can it. Youn cannot have a growing economy by banning oil, banning coal, banning nuclear power and banning risk. It is a figment of the whacko imagination whose implementation would cause mass unemployment, starvation and inconveniences.
Truth Detector is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
The sky always seems to be falling for leftist whacko environmentalists whose only acceptable outcome is to drive an economy to a grinding halt.

But here in LA, the air quality has significantly improved since I was a teen without the need for emotional hysterics and destroying an economy.

As I stated earlier, living in and of itself is fraught with risk. Yet the whacko's on the left foolishly think that one can remove all risk by creating a world that would starve and kill of millions. Perhaps that is their goal.

But until the environmental whacko's can come up with economical alternatives to fossil fuels, all their emotional hysterics will, and should, fall on deaf ears.

You can attack those evil oil companies and coal companies all you want, but as long as you drive a car, take a train and use electricity, you're a hypocrite. The world you and the whacko's want does not exist, nor can it. Youn cannot have a growing economy by banning oil, banning coal, banning nuclear power and banning risk. It is a figment of the whacko imagination whose implementation would cause mass unemployment, starvation and inconveniences.

It's o.k. alias, just go back and read your bible by the firelight, being you have no electricity. HowStuffWorks "How does the body make electricity -- and how does it use it?"
intangible child is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #28
Banned
 
Truth Detector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ventura CA
Posts: 7,515
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible child View Post

It's o.k. alias, just go back and read your bible by the firelight, being you have no electricity. HowStuffWorks "How does the body make electricity -- and how does it use it?"
Once again you make foolish assumptions engaging in juvenile insults about people instead of debating your foolish ideology. I cannot say that I am surprised.

I am not a bible thumper; I haven't been to church, except for weddings, since I was a junior in High School. Shame on me I guess.

But once again you deflect, you obfuscate and you avoid the facts. I can't say that surprises me either because when Progressive whackos are confronted with reality and facts they usually run away like cowards.

So I will ask again; what will replace the fossil fuels needed to fly Boeing 747's from LA to Hong Kong or other parts of the world? It takes approximately 400,000 gallons of fuel for this and hundreds of these flights take place every day. Is your argument that we should just cease air travel?

How will the trains moving massive amounts of goods cheaply and efficiently be supplied the fuel necessary for them to do their jobs? Should we just stop moving goods with trains?

If you say they can use electricity; how will we generate the necessary electricty efficiently and unobtrusively without Nuclear power?

You see, until the lunatic whackos environmentalists can answer these questions, they will continue to be relegated to the margins of society and the blogosphere where they seem to do well picking up whack jobs and sheeple who will fall for their silly tactics of fear mongering.
Truth Detector is offline  
Old February 25th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
Once again you make foolish assumptions engaging in juvenile insults about people instead of debating your foolish ideology. I cannot say that I am surprised.

I am not a bible thumper; I haven't been to church, except for weddings, since I was a junior in High School. Shame on me I guess.

But once again you deflect, you obfuscate and you avoid the facts. I can't say that surprises me either because when Progressive whackos are confronted with reality and facts they usually run away like cowards.

So I will ask again; what will replace the fossil fuels needed to fly Boeing 747's from LA to Hong Kong or other parts of the world? It takes approximately 400,000 gallons of fuel for this and hundreds of these flights take place every day. Is your argument that we should just cease air travel?

How will the trains moving massive amounts of goods cheaply and efficiently be supplied the fuel necessary for them to do their jobs? Should we just stop moving goods with trains?

If you say they can use electricity; how will we generate the necessary electricty efficiently and unobtrusively without Nuclear power?

You see, until the lunatic whackos environmentalists can answer these questions, they will continue to be relegated to the margins of society and the blogosphere where they seem to do well picking up whack jobs and sheeple who will fall for their silly tactics of fear mongering.
The facts are in your face, take the veil off!

They know nothing, they understand nothing; their eyes are plastered over so they cannot see, and their minds closed so they cannot understand. --- Isaiah 44:18

Facts on the Pollution caused by the US Coal Industry | DeSmogBlog

Nuclear power - Earth + humans energy needs
intangible child is offline  
Old April 29th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
The Department of Energy is aggressively working with the Office of Management and Budget to get a reprogramming proposal to Congress, said David Huizenga, DOE senior adviser for environmental management.

Bechtel National workers have been warned that they might be furloughed -- required to take paid or unpaid time off -- for two weeks this summer because of a possible lack of money. However, that could be avoided if money is reprogrammed, or shifted from projects where it is not needed to other work
.
DOE working on reprogramming proposal for Bechtel | Hanford news | Tri-CityHerald.com

Since 1989 Bechtel has contributed over $5.5 million to both Democratic (46%) and Republican (54%) political candidates, and since 1997 has invested over $1.1 million in lobbying. For that relatively modest amount of payola – and despite multiple instances of legal and regulatory violations documented in the POGO Federal Contractor Misconduct Database – they’ve been “awarded” more than $41.3 billion in defense and other government contracts since 2000, including over $3.9 billion from the Obama Administration just last year, and over $203 million from the Obama DOE just last month.

Bechtel Group: Well-Connected Water Privatizers & War Profiteers | Corporate Greed & Corruption Chronicles

intangible child is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
hanford, leaking, nuclear, tanks, underground



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Radioactive Tritium Leaking From 20 Usa Nuclear Plants intangible child Healthcare 2 June 29th, 2011 03:40 PM
Unexplained 12,000 Year Old Underground City Dude111 World History 15 March 14th, 2011 09:36 AM
Assange Leaking On Russia, Too imaginethat Politicians 7 December 30th, 2010 11:44 PM
CIA chief: No more leaking CNN Current Events 4 November 9th, 2010 04:10 AM
Pakistani tanks run from Taliban. Thanks Bush! hevusa Warfare 3 March 14th, 2009 05:59 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.