Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree22Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #1
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
What Definition of Mental Illness Do the Gun Grabbers Want To Use

Not all that many years ago homosexuality was an official mental illness*. Psychiatry is very unreliable and rather prone to being pushed around depending upon current events.

*See: Mental Health Diagnoses Decided by Vote, Not Discovery
Thanks from guy39
excalibur is offline  
Old April 12th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #2
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
At one time Homosexuals were considered mentally ill

Women that thought for themselves were considered mentally ill.. where do you think the term Hysteria came from.

Hysteria, in its colloquial use, describes unmanageable emotional excesses. People who are "hysterical" often lose self-control due to an overwhelming fear that may be caused by events in one's past, Originally defined as a neurotic condition peculiar to women


at one time this would mean that women could not have owned a firearm.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,831
feeling cranky today, hmm , better not tell my doctor.
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 12th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #4
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 36,150
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
feeling cranky today, hmm , better not tell my doctor.
Tired and cannot sleep, will not tell DR

Feeling a little upset and depressed during a Divorce, will not tell Dr

Feeling depressed after being raped, Will not tell Dr..

.. .. ...
Thanks from webguy4
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #5
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Not as if government agents are above framing people either. Here's one notorious case from Arizona. The woman was on death row for years, the Ninth Circuit threw the conviction out recently yet Arizona thinks they have a leg to stand on and are asking for reversal. They won't let an innocent woman go.

See: CRIME, GUNS, AND VIDEOTAPE: Railway To Death Row, a Film about How a Bad Cop Framed Debra Milke
excalibur is offline  
Old April 13th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #6
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
Not as if government agents are above framing people either. Here's one notorious case from Arizona. The woman was on death row for years, the Ninth Circuit threw the conviction out recently yet Arizona thinks they have a leg to stand on and are asking for reversal. They won't let an innocent woman go.

See: CRIME, GUNS, AND VIDEOTAPE: Railway To Death Row, a Film about How a Bad Cop Framed Debra Milke
I've had little contact in my life with police or prosecutors working their jobs, but what little I have had tells me do not trust these people. what was that guys name that went after the lacross team, nifong? I don't think he was by any means unique
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 13th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
There is no definition. This bill, which will never pass as written, will have injunctive relief the moment someone can show harm. The avenues of lawsuits are limitless.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old April 13th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #8
Senior Citizen and Proud
 
Mrs. CJ Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Anderson, IN
Posts: 2,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
Not all that many years ago homosexuality was an official mental illness*. Psychiatry is very unreliable and rather prone to being pushed around depending upon current events.

*See: Mental Health Diagnoses Decided by Vote, Not Discovery
Well, I'd start out with someone who called those who want Gun Laws in this nation to insure background checks on the sale of all guns as "gun grabbers" to start with.

I think the mental health community pretty much has those who would be incompetent or at risk for having a gun and using a gun. don't you?

These attempts by the right to shut down any common sense discussion of gun control laws is getting pretty lame.
Thanks from waitingtables and Nienna
Mrs. CJ Parker is offline  
Old April 13th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #9
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. CJ Parker View Post
Well, I'd start out with someone who called those who want Gun Laws in this nation to insure background checks on the sale of all guns as "gun grabbers" to start with.

I think the mental health community pretty much has those who would be incompetent or at risk for having a gun and using a gun. don't you?

These attempts by the right to shut down any common sense discussion of gun control laws is getting pretty lame.
your first comment disproves everything else you have to say on the subject. Use of "mental health" diagnostic abuses has a long infamous history among totalitarians
webguy4 is offline  
Old April 13th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #10
Senior Citizen and Proud
 
Mrs. CJ Parker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Anderson, IN
Posts: 2,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by webguy4 View Post
your first comment disproves everything else you have to say on the subject. Use of "mental health" diagnostic abuses has a long infamous history among totalitarians
The past is the past. Your strawman use of homosexuality being ONCE declared as a mental illness neglected to mention the push by the same corporate right wing religious groups in the past. It no LONGER is considered a mental illness, is it?

Your use of the term "gun grabbers" indicate a person so paranoid at the thought of a discussion about gun control, they make up boogeymen words to deflect the discussion. how is that NOT mentally ill?
Thanks from waitingtables and Nienna
Mrs. CJ Parker is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
definition, grabbers, gun, illness, mental



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Definition For Progressivism? Mom Progressivism 140 December 21st, 2012 05:43 AM
The Definition Of Rape imaginethat Opinion Polls 18 February 29th, 2012 07:46 PM
Is Religion An Illness ? Smart35 Religion 126 September 8th, 2011 08:16 AM
NBC: U.S. diplomat Holbrooke dies after illness msnbc.com Current Events 0 December 13th, 2010 04:18 PM
Religion, source of craziness ? Mental illness on religious and philosophical backgr. SystemTV Philosophy 7 January 8th, 2010 09:52 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.