Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree2Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:13 AM   #11
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Yes, there was. What on earth are you basing that statement on? Your records notwithstanding, the real facts are what I posted about this. And not your claims that are unsupported by any nonpartisan sources.
This. Which is fact, not your la-la land make believe world. You can't even tell the truth on such a proven fact, why would anyone ever believe anything you post.

Thanks Jimmyb

In 2009 there was 1,751 applications for 501 (c)4s, and in 2010, after the Citizens United ruling, there were 1735 applications. A surge of negative 16 applications. In 2011, there were 2,265 in 2011 and 3,557 in 2012, but this uptick is not an outlier leading up to a presidential election.
Thanks from Jimmyb
excalibur is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Still not willing to answer questions. There was not a surge, there was a decrease, and there is an uptick in applications of a political nature before presidential elections. And you still do not know what a 501(c)3 or 4 is.
Really? I in fact do know what those are.

Quote:
During its past four fiscal years, the Internal Revenue Service has formally denied the applications of just 60 organizations seeking recognition under Section 501(c)(4) of the U.S. tax code as “social welfare” groups.

In the same period, the agency processed 8,214 applications and approved 6,837 of them — about 83 percent, according to a Center for Public Integrity analysis of IRS data.

Sometimes applications were neither approved nor denied, meaning groups could still be awaiting recognition of tax-exempt status or still be providing the IRS with additional information. They may also have withdrawn their applications.

The IRS's approval processes have come under fire following an inspector general report that found IRS employees used “inappropriate criteria” to discern which organizations’ applications warranted additional scrutiny.

The IRS’s 2012 fiscal year, which covered the period between Oct. 1, 2011, and Sept. 30, 2012, saw a surge of new applications under Section 501(c)(4). During that period, 2,774 groups sought recognition as “social welfare” nonprofits, as the Center for Public Integrity has previously reported.

That represented an increase of more than 56 percent from fiscal year 2011 — and an increase of nearly 86 percent from fiscal year 2008.

The IRS processed 23,722 applications for 501(c)(4) nonprofit status between fiscal years 2001 and 2012, records indicate.

The agency approved roughly 77 percent of those, while rejecting less than three-tenths of one percent: 66 denials versus 18,214 approvals, albeit in fiscal year 2008 the IRS did not report how many groups it denied “to avoid disclosure of specific taxpayer data.”

Before the House Ways and Means Committee on Friday, Steven Miller, who served as the agency’s commissioner until he resigned last week, testified that IRS did not have “sufficient personnel” to process all of the applications its tax-exempt unit has received.

Both the Senate Finance Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are planning hearings on the topic this week.
IRS rarely denies 'social welfare' applications | The Center for Public Integrity
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:32 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Really? I in fact do know what those are.
In 2009 there was 1,751 applications for 501 (c)4s, and in 2010, after the Citizens United ruling, there were 1735 applications. A surge of negative 16 applications. In 2011, there were 2,265 in 2011 and 3,557 in 2012, but this uptick is not an outlier leading up to a presidential election.

You also do not know what a 501(c)3 or a 501(c)4 is.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM   #14
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Again for those that insist on lying here:

Quote:
During its past four fiscal years, the Internal Revenue Service has formally denied the applications of just 60 organizations seeking recognition under Section 501(c)(4) of the U.S. tax code as “social welfare” groups.

In the same period, the agency processed 8,214 applications and approved 6,837 of them — about 83 percent, according to a Center for Public Integrity analysis of IRS data.

Sometimes applications were neither approved nor denied, meaning groups could still be awaiting recognition of tax-exempt status or still be providing the IRS with additional information. They may also have withdrawn their applications.

The IRS's approval processes have come under fire following an inspector general report that found IRS employees used “inappropriate criteria” to discern which organizations’ applications warranted additional scrutiny.

The IRS’s 2012 fiscal year, which covered the period between Oct. 1, 2011, and Sept. 30, 2012, saw a surge of new applications under Section 501(c)(4). During that period, 2,774 groups sought recognition as “social welfare” nonprofits, as the Center for Public Integrity has previously reported.

That represented an increase of more than 56 percent from fiscal year 2011 — and an increase of nearly 86 percent from fiscal year 2008.

The IRS processed 23,722 applications for 501(c)(4) nonprofit status between fiscal years 2001 and 2012, records indicate.

The agency approved roughly 77 percent of those, while rejecting less than three-tenths of one percent: 66 denials versus 18,214 approvals, albeit in fiscal year 2008 the IRS did not report how many groups it denied “to avoid disclosure of specific taxpayer data.”

Before the House Ways and Means Committee on Friday, Steven Miller, who served as the agency’s commissioner until he resigned last week, testified that IRS did not have “sufficient personnel” to process all of the applications its tax-exempt unit has received.

Both the Senate Finance Committee and the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee are planning hearings on the topic this week.
IRS rarely denies 'social welfare' applications | The Center for Public Integrity
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:39 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Again for those that insist on lying here:
This is still in response to your original statement. I do not follow your change ups because it was shot down.

In 2009 there was 1,751 applications for 501 (c)4s, and in 2010, after the Citizens United ruling, there were 1735 applications. A surge of negative 16 applications. In 2011, there were 2,265 in 2011 and 3,557 in 2012, but this uptick is not an outlier leading up to a presidential election.

You also do not know what a 501(c)3 or a 501(c)4 is.
Thanks from excalibur
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:43 AM   #16
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Keep going. Those weren't the only years there were applications made. read the article and refute it if you can.
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:44 AM   #17
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
My original statement is this on the subject.

Quote:
However, it is far from the scandal that the republicans want people to think it is. It is once again an example of incompetence in a system that was not equipped to deal with the influx of applications it was getting for 501 (c) 4 status. The information about the amount of increase in these applications is readily available and looking at that shows how unprepared the IRS was for it and how that might have led to this type of mismanagement. No excuses though, get the people out who were doing it and who directed the practice and fix what led to the problem.
And I didn't change anything up. That would be your territory.
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:45 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Keep going. Those weren't the only years there were applications made. read the article and refute it if you can.
Refute this.

This is still in response to your original statement. I do not follow your change ups because it was shot down.

In 2009 there was 1,751 applications for 501 (c)4s, and in 2010, after the Citizens United ruling, there were 1735 applications. A surge of negative 16 applications. In 2011, there were 2,265 in 2011 and 3,557 in 2012, but this uptick is not an outlier leading up to a presidential election.

You also do not know what a 501(c)3 or a 501(c)4 is.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM   #19
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Refute this.

This is still in response to your original statement. I do not follow your change ups because it was shot down.

In 2009 there was 1,751 applications for 501 (c)4s, and in 2010, after the Citizens United ruling, there were 1735 applications. A surge of negative 16 applications. In 2011, there were 2,265 in 2011 and 3,557 in 2012, but this uptick is not an outlier leading up to a presidential election.

You also do not know what a 501(c)3 or a 501(c)4 is.
I just posted my original statement and everything I have said fits squarely within what I was talking about. I didn't change anything up. liar. Keep to the facts and stop pretending i said something I didn't.
waitingtables is offline  
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:52 AM   #20
Eyes Wide Open
 
waitingtables's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 44,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
This is still in response to your original statement. I do not follow your change ups because it was shot down.

In 2009 there was 1,751 applications for 501 (c)4s, and in 2010, after the Citizens United ruling, there were 1735 applications. A surge of negative 16 applications. In 2011, there were 2,265 in 2011 and 3,557 in 2012, but this uptick is not an outlier leading up to a presidential election.

You also do not know what a 501(c)3 or a 501(c)4 is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
My original statement is this on the subject.

However, it is far from the scandal that the republicans want people to think it is. It is once again an example of incompetence in a system that was not equipped to deal with the influx of applications it was getting for 501 (c) 4 status. The information about the amount of increase in these applications is readily available and looking at that shows how unprepared the IRS was for it and how that might have led to this type of mismanagement. No excuses though, get the people out who were doing it and who directed the practice and fix what led to the problem.

And I didn't change anything up. That would be your territory.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Refute this.

This is still in response to your original statement. I do not follow your change ups because it was shot down.

In 2009 there was 1,751 applications for 501 (c)4s, and in 2010, after the Citizens United ruling, there were 1735 applications. A surge of negative 16 applications. In 2011, there were 2,265 in 2011 and 3,557 in 2012, but this uptick is not an outlier leading up to a presidential election.

You also do not know what a 501(c)3 or a 501(c)4 is.
you should just stop posting on this now and pretend like you never did say what you did, the same way you do with every other topic that I have disproved your nonsense on in the past.
waitingtables is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
independent, irs, percent, prosecutor, scandal



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Romney ahead of Obama, 51 percent to 46 percent Truth Detector Current Events 6 October 22nd, 2012 06:28 AM
Camden Prosecutor Paid Witness To Lie intangible child Crime and Punishment 0 March 28th, 2010 05:37 PM
Vote for the special prosecutor question intangible child Crime and Punishment 0 January 1st, 2009 11:19 AM
Special prosecutor to probe U.S. attorney firings CNN Current Events 1 September 29th, 2008 08:56 AM
Ex-prosecutor says he felt 'leaned on' CNN Current Events 8 March 7th, 2007 11:06 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.