Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
It's just like this crapola!

Oct 9, 2003

CNN.com - Pat Robertson's 'nuke' idea draws protest - Oct. 9, 2003



Nov 21, 2003

Tommy Franks: Martial Law Will Replace Constitution After Next Terror Attack, page 1



George W. Bush signs the Patriot Act ? History.com This Day in History ? 10/26/2001






intangible child is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
You can see what they're doing there however, hoping that a future Court will misinterpret Article VI wherein it says: and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land;.

"Supreme law" is the key. All they need is 67 Senators, then 5 black robes.

We live in dangerous times.
I could actually see a bloody rebellion if that were to happen. Sad very sad, a second civil war, started by Soros, and Obama, and Holder. I for one would fight.
Thanks from caconservative and pana8
roastpork is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,334
Thanks, Engineer, for the links ... off to read
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #14
Banned
 
pana8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: earth
Posts: 3,750
This is what it is about and I believe it has already been signed by Kerry.
U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - Forbes

1.Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2.Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3.Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
4.Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5.In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights..........
pana8 is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by pana8 View Post
This is what it is about and I believe it has already been signed by Kerry.
U.N. Agreement Should Have All Gun Owners Up In Arms - Forbes

1.Enact tougher licensing requirements, creating additional bureaucratic red tape for legal firearms ownership.
2.Confiscate and destroy all “unauthorized” civilian firearms (exempting those owned by our government of course).
3.Ban the trade, sale and private ownership of all semi-automatic weapons (any that have magazines even though they still operate in the same one trigger pull – one single “bang” manner as revolvers, a simple fact the ant-gun media never seem to grasp).
4.Create an international gun registry, clearly setting the stage for full-scale gun confiscation.
5.In short, overriding our national sovereignty, and in the process, providing license for the federal government to assert preemptive powers over state regulatory powers guaranteed by the Tenth Amendment in addition to our Second Amendment rights..........
It still would have to be ratified by the Senate. It was a foolish move if Kerry signed the treaty knowing the votes are not there, and the votes are not there.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,334
All three articles seem to be extreme right wing "news" and activists' organizations.

There are too many "could possibly lead to's" in all of them for me to take them seriously.

They want to make it about second amendment rights, but they all eventually admit that it's about a woman who poisoned her husband's lover and is become charged federally on some terrorist charge as well as having state charges.

I think too much is being made here about this.

This is TRYING to be news ... but it's not really.
Thanks from waitingtables
tristanrobin is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:09 PM   #17
Banned
 
pana8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: earth
Posts: 3,750
Hillary is a strong supporter of this UN agreement also.
"Although professing to support the Second Amendment during her presidential election bid, Hillary Clinton is not generally known as a gun rights enthusiast. She has been a long-time activist for federal firearms licensing and registration, and a vigorous opponent of state Right-to-Carry laws. As a New York senator she ranked among the National Rifle Association’s worst “F”-rated gun banners who voted to support the sort of gunpoint disarmament that marked New Orleans‘ rogue police actions against law-abiding gun owners in the anarchistic aftermath of Hurricane Katrina."
pana8 is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #18
Banned
 
pana8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: earth
Posts: 3,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
It still would have to be ratified by the Senate. It was a foolish move if Kerry signed the treaty knowing the votes are not there, and the votes are not there.
Kerry Signs UN Arms Trade Treaty ? Civilian Disarmament Advancing

"On behalf of President Obama and the United States of America, I am very pleased to have signed this treaty here today. I signed it because President Obama knows that from decades of efforts that at any time that we work with — cooperatively to address the illicit trade in conventional weapons, we make the world a safer place. And this treaty is a significant step in that effort.

Promptly, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon thanked Kerry and Obama for their complicity in consolidating UN control over weapons and ammunition:"
pana8 is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #19
Banned
 
pana8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: earth
Posts: 3,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
All three articles seem to be extreme right wing "news" and activists' organizations.

There are too many "could possibly lead to's" in all of them for me to take them seriously.

They want to make it about second amendment rights, but they all eventually admit that it's about a woman who poisoned her husband's lover and is become charged federally on some terrorist charge as well as having state charges.

I think too much is being made here about this.

This is TRYING to be news ... but it's not really.
Forbes is hardly a extreme right wing rag.
pana8 is offline  
Old October 30th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
roastpork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
You can see what they're doing there however, hoping that a future Court will misinterpret Article VI wherein it says: and all treaties made, or which shall be made, under the authority of the United States, shall be the supreme law of the land;.

"Supreme law" is the key. All they need is 67 Senators, then 5 black robes.

We live in dangerous times.
Your move, Virginia: McAuliffe promises gun control push if elected governor
roastpork is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
constitution, treaty, trumps



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presidential Proclamation -- Constitution Day, Citizenship Day, and Constitution Week The White House The White House 0 September 16th, 2013 01:11 PM
Godwin's Law Trumps Healthcare Debate intangible child Healthcare 4 September 28th, 2009 08:39 PM
Greenspan’s Faith: Ideology trumps Science coberst Philosophy 4 October 27th, 2008 06:34 PM
Law of the Seat Treaty, aka LOST vharlow Political Talk 1 May 14th, 2007 04:18 PM
Which right trumps? Life, or Liberty? sear Abortion 38 March 14th, 2007 09:07 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.