Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree15Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:46 PM   #1
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 24,777
Right wingers issue with Putin

They claim that the President has had a weak response toward Putin but, yet, they go on with their prescheduled conference in Moscow. They are obviously not willing to sacrifice anything which is par for the course with that crowd. All talk, no action.

Quote:
. Pallin' Around With Putin: Conservatives Jump the Patriot Shark With Moscow Pro-Life Summit

Conservatives have jumped the patriot shark. Siding with Putin over Obama, conservatives justify holding their World Congress of Families summit meeting (referred to as the “pro-life Olympics”) in Moscow even after the Ukraine crisis because “Putin doesn’t threaten our national security, Obama does.”

Funding this little gathering of patriotic freedom lovers is a close Putin ally. Pallin’ around with Putin? The summit also includes a joint session with the Russian parliament, according to Right Wing Watch.

In an article titled, “U.S. Conservatives To Go Ahead With ‘Pro-Life Olympics’ In Moscow Despite Ukraine Crisis: ‘Putin doesn’t threaten our national security, Obama does,’ the communications director for the World Congress of Families wrote”, Buzzfeed reported:

The U.S. organizers of a World Congress of Families summit to be held in the Kremlin in September show no signs of canceling over the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The World Congress of Families counts several leading U.S. conservative organizations among its affiliates, including the Family Research Council, Concerned Women for America, Alliance Defending Freedom and Americans United for Life. The Moscow meeting is described as the “‘Olympics’ of the international Pro-Life movement supporting the Natural Family” in a promotional brochure, and will bring together conservative activists from around the world. The meeting is funded in part by Vladimir Yakunin, head of Russia’s railroads monopoly and a close ally of President Vladimir Putin and supporter of the Russian Orthodox Church.

The Family Research Council attracts the big players in conservative politics — Ted Cruz, Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, Mark Rubio, and more spoke at the Value Voters Summit, put on by the FRC last fall.

If being funded by a close ally of Putin isn’t enough to justify “pallin’ around”, but sitting on a board was, then Republicans might want to stop making such accusations.

On Saturday, October 4, 2012, the Republican Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin said Obama is someone “who sees America, it seems, as being so imperfect that he’s palling around with terrorists who would target their own country.”

She said this in reference to university professors William Ayers, who was a radical in the 1960s. Obama was born in August of 1961. CNN pointed out, “Beginning in 1995, Ayers and Obama worked with the non-profit Chicago Annenberg Challenge on a huge school improvement project.” Oh, such a terrorist.

Also, both were “board members on the Woods Fund, a charitable foundation that gave money to various causes, including the Trinity United Church that Obama attended…” CNN concluded, “CNN’s review of project records found nothing to suggest anything inappropriate in the volunteer projects in which the two men were involved.” Their verdict was a big old “false” for Palin, noting that neither man was currently engaged in terrorist activity.

We can’t say the same of Putin. But it’s okay for conservatives to take money from a close Putin ally, while at the same time calling Obama weak for not nuking Putin. This is what happens when your number predominant values are hate, opposition and resistance to change.

Buzzfeed quoted Don Feder, the conservative World Congress of Families’ communication director, who thinks that Obama has weakened our military because of the gays. He wrote quite an essay working to justify, exonerate and extol Putin’s behavior, as well he should since Putin is behaving a lot like George W Bush.

I for one am glad to see conservatives just admitting that they want this kind of “leadership” and see it as “freedom”. In this essay in the American Thinker (you couldn’t make this stuff up), Feder’s headline is, “Putin Doesn’t Threaten Our National Security, Obama Does.” He is very disappointed that Obama is out invading countries on a whim. BAD OBAMA.

For this transgression apparently, the allegedly (not factually) pro-life Olympics will still take place in Moscow, where they really value life as much as conservatives do — which is to say, only if you agree with them. Sorta jumping that old American patriot shark there, but hey. At least it’s out in the open now.

In reality, the most effective way to reduce abortion rates it to provide contraception and family planning education. Conservatives are against both. The abortion rate has dropped considerably under President Obama, because a real culture of life deals with hard issues like unwanted pregnancy realistically in order to actually address the causes rather than use unwanted pregnancy as a way to punish women for having bodies that get pregnant.

A pro-life gathering in Moscow and wishing Putin were running America – this is what American conservatives have come to.
https://www.politicususa.com/2014/03...cs-moscow.html
Thanks from imaginethat and skews13
Camelot is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 04:59 PM   #2
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
You just cannot help but gravitate to the most stupid articles that only blow up in your face.

It truly s a sad state of affairs when The World Congress of Families has to escape the U.S. after left wing radicals forced the cancellation in the Dirksen Senate Office Building regarding a pro-family symposium, and that Moscow is more open to their freedom to associate and peaceably to assemble than the U.S. Senate.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:14 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
You just cannot help but gravitate to the most stupid articles that only blow up in your face.

It truly s a sad state of affairs when The World Congress of Families has to escape the U.S. after left wing radicals forced the cancellation in the Dirksen Senate Office Building regarding a pro-family symposium, and that Moscow is more open to their freedom to associate and peaceably to assemble than the U.S. Senate.
That was THE only building available for their meeting ?? They can afford to fly to Russia but can't afford to rent an auditorium some where ??
Thanks from imaginethat, RNG and Camelot
BubbaJones is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:19 PM   #4
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaJones View Post
That was THE only building available for their meeting ?? They can afford to fly to Russia but can't afford to rent an auditorium some where ??
Do you have a point other than supporting a radical group that makes Moscow more appealing than the US Senate building?
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Do you have a point other than supporting a radical group that makes Moscow more appealing than the US Senate building?
I'm struggling to know what your point here is, other than knee-jerk reflexive "whatever Camelot says, I'm against it."

Right now, showing any favor to Putin, the lying SOB Putin, is treasonous imho.

Of course I'm prejudiced,what, with a Ukrainian wife and all....
Thanks from RNG and Camelot
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:23 PM   #6
Commie Exposer
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Blefuscu
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I'm struggling to know what your point here is, other than knee-jerk reflexive "whatever Camelot says, I'm against it."

Right now, showing any favor to Putin, the lying SOB Putin, is treasonous imho.

Of course I'm prejudiced,what, with a Ukrainian wife and all....
I think Putin is a whacked out wannabe dictator on a road to destruction, and hopefully will be stopped somehow. I have only used Putin as a contrast because he is so bad. My point was an article that attempted to bash The World Congress of Families for holding their conference in Moscow because a bunch of radical left wing crybabies threw a fit and their accomodations were cancelled at the Senate. The worse Putin is, the more stupid the article is because when you are driven to Moscow to hold a traditional family confress some serious reevaluating needs to happen.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 07:27 PM   #7
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I think Putin is a whacked out wannabe dictator on a road to destruction, and hopefully will be stopped somehow. I have only used Putin as a contrast because he is so bad. My point was an article that attempted to bash The World Congress of Families for holding their conference in Moscow because a bunch of radical left wing crybabies threw a fit and their accomodations were cancelled at the Senate. The worse Putin is, the more stupid the article is because when you are driven to Moscow to hold a traditional family confress some serious reevaluating needs to happen.
yep. Lefties don't understand YOU NEVER EVER GIVE POWERS TO GOVERNMENT FOR SOMETHING YOU CANNOT SAY NO TO LATER.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 08:50 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I think Putin is a whacked out wannabe dictator on a road to destruction, and hopefully will be stopped somehow. I have only used Putin as a contrast because he is so bad. My point was an article that attempted to bash The World Congress of Families for holding their conference in Moscow because a bunch of radical left wing crybabies threw a fit and their accomodations were cancelled at the Senate. The worse Putin is, the more stupid the article is because when you are driven to Moscow to hold a traditional family confress some serious reevaluating needs to happen.
Sorry, but I don't see it that way.

Six months ago, OK, things seemed "different" then, but not now.

"Right to life" is a political position. In a way, that's a shame but to deny that is true is playing the games Putin plays.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 08:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 54,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
yep. Lefties don't understand YOU NEVER EVER GIVE POWERS TO GOVERNMENT FOR SOMETHING YOU CANNOT SAY NO TO LATER.
Well then, righties don't understand that you never give to a megalomaniac having the wettest of his wet dreams something you cannot say no to later.
imaginethat is offline  
Old March 9th, 2014, 08:58 PM   #10
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Well then, righties don't understand that you never give to a megalomaniac having the wettest of his wet dreams something you cannot say no to later.
Righties don't want to give up rights.

That is the difference in Right and left.

Right wants to keep private firearm ownership

Right opposed GW Bush Patriot act, the Right Opposed Obama's Expansion. The left has only opposed it when GW Bush did it, it is okay that obama is doing it.

The Right Opposed the mandate to force people to purchase a product,

The right is who threw Nixon out.

The right opposed bailouts

The right opposed the stimulus, and opposed TARP, the left supported both.


You seem to have Repubulican confused with Conservative, and many confuse Liberal with Democrat


There are conservative Democrats and Liberal Republicans.

There are several shades of gray in both parties too.

I understand this.

The only reason I am supporting GOP today is because there are more Conservatives in the GOP than Democrat party.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
issue, putin, wingers



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Money Turns Left-Wingers Into Stingy Right-Wingers RNG Current Events 17 February 13th, 2014 09:52 AM
Rationing Right Wingers Can Believe In Camelot Current Events 14 December 11th, 2013 06:31 AM
I wonder how many right wingers are willing to condemn this? Nwolfe35 Current Events 38 August 20th, 2013 07:59 AM
Right Wingers Ignore Facts as They Rewrite History tristanrobin Freedom of Speech 3 April 2nd, 2010 08:31 AM
Right Wingers the Biggest Threat to World Peace Global Crier Political Talk 7 July 13th, 2006 05:47 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.