Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2007, 03:37 PM   #1
CNN
Politics
 
CNN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,362
Ex-prosecutor says he felt 'leaned on'

Read full story for latest details.



View the full article here.
CNN is offline  
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
KnightOfSappho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 2,607
Honestly, this is politics as usual no matter WHO is in office.
KnightOfSappho is offline  
Old March 6th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #3
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Libby to receive a Presidential pardon when Bush leaves office



4-1 on
garysher is offline  
Old March 6th, 2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Banned
 
Jefferson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
Libby to receive a Presidential pardon when Bush leaves office



4-1 on


I'd bet on it. Maybe even before he leaves office.



Of course, he'll have come up with about 400 more felons to pardon if he wants to match his predecessor.
Jefferson is offline  
Old March 6th, 2007, 10:56 PM   #5
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 556
What the Hell is an ex-prosecuter?
billybobama is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 10:43 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
vharlow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 340
A hasbeen!
vharlow is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:16 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
tyreay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island shore line
Posts: 2,370
Here is the point of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Alleging heavy-handed political pressure, fired U.S. prosecutors testified Tuesday they felt "leaned on" by Republican lawmakers to seek indictments and hushed by a Justice Department official who did not want them talking about their dismissals.



Testifying before Democratic-controlled congressional committees, six of eight recently ousted prosecutors said they were fired without explanation. Several described what they said was improper pressure by Republicans on pending cases.
tyreay is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 11:21 AM   #8
Banned
 
garysher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 34,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreay
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Alleging heavy-handed political pressure, fired U.S. prosecutors testified Tuesday they felt "leaned on" by Republican lawmakers to seek indictments and hushed by a Justice Department official who did not want them talking about their dismissals.



Testifying before Democratic-controlled congressional committees, six of eight recently ousted prosecutors said they were fired without explanation. Several described what they said was improper pressure by Republicans on pending cases.


Seems like the Bush Administration is suffering terminal blows on almost a daily basis



Pity you don't have a Parliamentary system where the leader can be voted out by his party, or by a vote of no-confidence



We believe Bush's next 2 years are going to pass excruciatingly slowly and without much relevance
garysher is offline  
Old March 7th, 2007, 12:06 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
tyreay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island shore line
Posts: 2,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysher
Seems like the Bush Administration is suffering terminal blows on almost a daily basis



Pity you don't have a Parliamentary system where the leader can be voted out by his party, or by a vote of no-confidence



We believe Bush's next 2 years are going to pass excruciatingly slowly and without much relevance
I agree 100%.

I think the only exception to his relevance would be Bush pushing for more war money and more troops, and his pending decisions concerning Iran.
tyreay is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
exprosecutor, felt, leaned



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camden Prosecutor Paid Witness To Lie intangible child Crime and Punishment 0 March 28th, 2010 06:37 PM
Vote for the special prosecutor question intangible child Crime and Punishment 0 January 1st, 2009 12:19 PM
Special prosecutor to probe U.S. attorney firings CNN Current Events 1 September 29th, 2008 09:56 AM
I felt an earthquake!!! highway80west Current Events 27 July 30th, 2008 02:39 PM
I felt a shaker this morning highway80west Current Events 4 February 11th, 2008 03:05 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.