Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree29Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #51
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
For someone of your perpetually compromised character, unlikely.
Then he should consider himself lucky.

I'd hate to spend an eternity with believers such as yourself...

...I wouldn't want to compromise your delicate "holiness", that is. I'd hate to drag anyone down with me you know?
Beasty is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 08:43 PM   #52
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
What else is there to expect from the lowest test scoring and uneducated generation?
You mistake conventional education with knowledge.

How pitiful. If only you had scored better on tests, you'd know the difference.
Thanks from Camelot
Beasty is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 08:45 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Then he should consider himself lucky.

I'd hate to spend an eternity with believers such as yourself...

...I wouldn't want to compromise your delicate "holiness", that is. I'd hate to drag anyone down with me you know?
And your point is? I would be more concerned with my English if I were you: either you are from England or Canada, or skipped class on punctuation day.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 08:59 PM   #54
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
And your point is? I would be more concerned with my English if I were you: either you are from England or Canada, or skipped class on punctuation day.
Oh, did I miss a comma? My bad man.

Thanks for letting me know. Just to return the favor, you can't start a sentence with "and", and you should have used a semicolon in place of a colon since you're linking two seperate clauses, and not listing anything.

Also, "skipped " as you used it is dangling because it isn't attached to the subject. Consider putting a "you" before it.
Thanks from Sabcat
Beasty is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:19 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
Oh, did I miss a comma? My bad man.

Thanks for letting me know. Just to return the favor, you can't start a sentence with "and", and you should have used a semicolon in place of a colon since you're linking two seperate clauses, and not listing anything.

Also, "skipped " as you used it is dangling because it isn't attached to the subject. Consider putting a "you" before it.
It is not a one-off thing—it is a writing pattern you have demonstrated. Either you are from England or Canada, or are poorly educated. I would suggest you go with Canada. Notice that “are” is attached to the subject “you.”

And you can start a sentence with ‘and.” I would suggest you learn the difference between a subordinating conjunction and a coordinating conjunction. It is a matter of style, not a grammatical rule. You will understand this simple rule if you get a proper education.

The colon was a perfect example of a definition following a clause with a colon; it was not a separate clause. Step one in pre-school is to teach young minds that only lists follow colons, and as you acquire a proper education, you will learn the finer uses of a colon.

The word “skipped” it attached to the subject “you” in the sentence. You will understand this when you get a proper education
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #56
Banned
 
Beasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
It is not a one-off thing—it is a writing pattern you have demonstrated. Either you are from England or Canada, or are poorly educated. I would suggest you go with Canada. Notice that “are” is attached to the subject “you.”

And you can start a sentence with ‘and.” I would suggest you learn the difference between a subordinating conjunction and a coordinating conjunction. It is a matter of style, not a grammatical rule. You will understand this simple rule if you get a proper education.

The colon was a perfect example of a definition following a clause with a colon; it was not a separate clause. Step one in pre-school is to teach young minds that only lists follow colons, and as you acquire a proper education, you will learn the finer uses of a colon.

The word “skipped” it attached to the subject “you” in the sentence. You will understand this when you get a proper education
No, you're absolutely wrong. Your usage of "skipped" was most certainly a dangling present participle. That is because your syntax implies you could potentially be asserting that England and Canada skipped English class.

Furthermore, telling me I should worry about my English and inferring that I am either foreign or skipped English class in school are absolutely two separate clauses. If you aren't going to use a conjunction to connect them you need to use a semicolon.

I don't even understand why we are arguing grammar right now, regardless.

PS. Massachusetts, not Canada or England.
Beasty is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beasty View Post
No, you're absolutely wrong. Your usage of "skipped" was most certainly a dangling present participle. That is because your syntax implies you could potentially be asserting that England and Canada skipped English class.

Furthermore, telling me I should worry about my English and inferring that I am either foreign or skipped English class in school are absolutely two separate clauses. If you aren't going to use a conjunction to connect them you need to use a semicolon.

I don't even understand why we are arguing grammar right now, regardless.

PS. Massachusetts, not Canada or England.
You are only exposing your poor public education. Your punctuation is from England or Canada, or a poor US education. You choose which one.

And you can start a sentence with ‘and.” I would suggest you learn the difference between a subordinating conjunction and a coordinating conjunction. It is a matter of style, not a grammatical rule. You will understand this simple rule if you get a proper education.

The colon was a perfect example of a definition following a clause with a colon; it was not a separate clause. Step one in pre-school is to teach young minds that only lists follow colons, and as you acquire a proper education, you will learn the finer uses of a colon.

The word “skipped” it attached to the subject “you” in the sentence. You will understand this when you get a proper education. I am still searching or the "ing" in "skipped" to make it a dangling present participle. The rule is closeness.

Last edited by Jimmyb; May 11th, 2014 at 10:37 PM.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 09:47 PM   #58
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
You and RP really have buttsesch on the brain. You should contact HD. He probably wouldn't be able to help from there but could give a good referral.

I have zero clue who or what "buttsesch" is or means.

I have no idea who or what "RP" is in your reference.

I have no idea who or what "HD" is in your reference.

Other than that, great post.





Last edited by excalibur; May 11th, 2014 at 09:54 PM.
excalibur is offline  
Old May 11th, 2014, 11:59 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by excalibur View Post
I have zero clue who or what "buttsesch" is or means.

I have no idea who or what "RP" is in your reference.

I have no idea who or what "HD" is in your reference.

Other than that, great post.
You can get a clue, just look!

The largest Abrahamic religions in chronological order of founding are Judaism, Christianity, and Islam; the Bahá'í Faith is sometimes listed as well. There are other obscure religions that are also Abrahamic but rarely considered.
Abrahamic religions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
intangible child is offline  
Old May 12th, 2014, 12:05 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,472
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Because Muslims, a Jews, and atheists didn't create or build this country. Go create and build your own country and stop mooching of the blood and backs of others.
And there it is !!!!!!!! Jimmy shows his TRUE SELF !!!! Racist, bigoted, narrow minded neaderthal of the highest order !!!!

I wonder, how many of the slaves brought to this country, were Christian before they left Africa ???? Half the country was built on the backs of slaves. You think Jews didn't play a role ?? You think there weren't wealthy atheists building this country ??? You think there weren't any number of non-Christian religions represented among the nations elite ??

For all your heavy handed, condescending, supposedly historical hypothesis, it turns out you are nothing more than redneck trailer trash with a rebel flag on the front porch.
Thanks from RNG and Camelot
BubbaJones is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
cuddly, muslims, sweet



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
So so sweet! tristanrobin Gay and Lesbian Rights 1 June 6th, 2013 03:37 PM
The execution of a Jew.. sweet Daniele gets it in the neck Martin Timothy Warfare 9 January 9th, 2010 12:21 PM
Sweet forums: HotshotGG New Users 9 January 5th, 2006 06:24 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.