Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2014, 11:30 AM   #11
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
So you can't think for yourself? You just repost stuff from others and don't even question it?
Post something from the Westboro Baptists. It would be more relevant since it has more members than the UKCP.
RNG is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #12
Banned
 
NowhereMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: The South
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
So you can't think for yourself? You just repost stuff from others and don't even question it?
LOL!

"You posted something from a commie webpage to support your point and I can't refute it so I am going to say shit about you posting stuff from others!"

Is this the best you have?
Tristan god mad at what I posted and acted as if it was my original article, you complain it isn't my original work.
Will either of you chimped out simians ever be able to formulate a real argument against someone's point or is it going to be constant kindergarten games?

Perhaps I should call the Whaaaabulance and tell them two posters are down with severe NowhereMan assburns?
Boy, I really need to get my NowhereMan's Assburn Cream on the market ASAP!
NowhereMan is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 11:57 AM   #13
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 27,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
The decision marks the first time a federal appeals court has ruled on same-sex marriage.
This surprised me.

BBC News - US Appeals Court blocks Utah gay marriage ban
RNG is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
LOL!

"You posted something from a commie webpage to support your point and I can't refute it so I am going to say shit about you posting stuff from others!"

Is this the best you have?
Tristan god mad at what I posted and acted as if it was my original article, you complain it isn't my original work.
Will either of you chimped out simians ever be able to formulate a real argument against someone's point or is it going to be constant kindergarten games?

Perhaps I should call the Whaaaabulance and tell them two posters are down with severe NowhereMan assburns?
Boy, I really need to get my NowhereMan's Assburn Cream on the market ASAP!
No, what you should do is think.

I am convinced, however, that would be asking too much of you.
Thanks from Sabcat
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Nwolfe35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 14,976
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
The decision marks the first time a federal appeals court has ruled on same-sex marriage.
This surprised me.

BBC News - US Appeals Court blocks Utah gay marriage ban
Not completely true.

There was a case out of Minnesota back in 1972 that made it's way to the Supreme Court (thus going through a Federal Appeals Court)

But it is the first time that Federal Appeals court has ruled on the matter of the Constitutionality of gay marriage since Mass legalized it in their state 10 years ago.
Thanks from Sabcat
Nwolfe35 is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
nuttyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Wilmette. Illinois
Posts: 3,867
I'm wondering what everyone would say if the SCOTUS refused to even hear the case(s)?
nuttyjoe is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 03:15 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
Not completely true.

There was a case out of Minnesota back in 1972 that made it's way to the Supreme Court (thus going through a Federal Appeals Court)

But it is the first time that Federal Appeals court has ruled on the matter of the Constitutionality of gay marriage since Mass legalized it in their state 10 years ago.
The case in 1972 did not go through an appellate court. The court ruled against same sex marriage.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 03:22 PM   #18
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttyjoe View Post
I'm wondering what everyone would say if the SCOTUS refused to even hear the case(s)?

Utah can appeal to the 10th circuit en banc, if they so choose; especially in light of this ruling contravening standing law in that circuit.

There, the Tenth Circuit firmly declared that claims of discrimination based on sexual orientation are to be judged only on a “rational basis” test. The Price-Cornelison precedent was explored at some length Wednesday.



excalibur is offline  
Old June 26th, 2014, 03:56 PM   #19
Banned
 
NowhereMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: The South
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwolfe35 View Post
No, what you should do is think.

I am convinced, however, that would be asking too much of you.
Still mad because because I used a commie source to my advantage?
Whaaaaaa!!!!!!
Have you proven you are a witty Einstein on this forum?
heh heh heh
Say something smart, clown!
NowhereMan is offline  
Old June 27th, 2014, 09:15 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
BubbaJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 6,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowhereMan View Post
Still mad because because I used a commie source to my advantage?
Whaaaaaa!!!!!!
Have you proven you are a witty Einstein on this forum?
heh heh heh
Say something smart, clown!
You mistake is the constant assumption that every one who disagrees with you is some sort of communist !!

Here's a little secrete, WE'RE NOT !!!! And we really don't give a fuck what the commie party of the UK has to say !!!
BubbaJones is online now  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
10th, circuit, homosexual, marriage, upholds



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fith Circuit of Appeals Upholds Texas Abortion Law Jimmyb Current Events 7 April 1st, 2014 01:36 AM
Tenth Circuit Upholds District Court's Injunction Against Obamacare Jimmyb Current Events 39 October 5th, 2013 07:05 PM
Rhode Island becomes 10th State to legalize same sex marriage. Nwolfe35 Gay and Lesbian Rights 7 May 3rd, 2013 11:11 AM
Nh To Repeal Homosexual Marriage garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 5 December 13th, 2011 10:39 AM
Homosexual Fires Christian For Opposing Homosexual Marriage garysher Gay and Lesbian Rights 11 August 13th, 2011 12:44 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.