Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2014, 02:12 AM   #1
Banned
 
Medicine Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 9,784
Lightbulb Obama vs. Clinton; "It's The Economy, Stupid!!"!!!!!

Republicans (absolutely) HATE to have their noses rubbed in that....and, we can only hope SECONDS are.....

Quote:
....WORSE, For Them!!!!!!
June 29, 2014




"U.S. employment already returned to its pre-recession peak in May, with non-farm job gains of 217,000. Economists polled by Reuters on average expect that to dip by a modest 4,000 to 213,000 in June.

That would be a fifth straight month of job gains above 200,000, a run unmatched since the Sept 1999-Jan 2000 period, just before the dot-com bubble burst.

"If we settle at a 215-220 (thousand) pace that would be consistent with a transition to a faster pace of growth of around 3 percent," said Lewis Alexander, U.S. chief economist at Nomura.

Alexander said he recognized risks, including rising oil prices from the conflict in Iraq and Iraqi conflict and a possible messy end to China's housing boom.

"An impact is possible, but I don't think all that likely. It would have to go very badly to materially impact the U.S. outlook," he said.

The jobs figures on Thursday, also set to feature a steady 6.3 percent unemployment rate, will conclude a shortened week for the United States, which breaks for Independence Day on Friday.

Meanwhile forecasts for the influential ISM (Institute for Supply Management) manufacturing and services reports point to a further acceleration of growth, with respectively a fifth and fourth consecutive rise in the monthly indices."



Last edited by Medicine Man; June 30th, 2014 at 02:23 AM.
Medicine Man is offline  
Old June 30th, 2014, 03:32 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 4,985
Know the problem with getting back to the same number of jobs we had in 2007, there are 10 million more working age Americans than there was then. We need 10 million more jobs be get back to the same level. Not to mention the fact that household net worth is down 43% since Obama took office.


"Less optimistic economists suggest the jobs, car and ISM reports should at least provide a counterbalance to muted consumer spending in May, reported last week.

Such spending rose by just 0.2 percent in the month, half the level forecast, and following a flat reading in April, prompting some economists to cut their estimates for second-quarter growth to as low as a 2.2 percent pace from as high as 4.0 percent before."
Libertine is offline  
Old June 30th, 2014, 04:19 AM   #3
Banned
 
Medicine Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 9,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
Know the problem with getting back to the same number of jobs we had in 2007, there are 10 million more working age Americans than there was then. We need 10 million more jobs be get back to the same level. Not to mention the fact that household net worth is down 43% since Obama took office.


"Less optimistic economists suggest the jobs, car and ISM reports should at least provide a counterbalance to muted consumer spending in May, reported last week.

Such spending rose by just 0.2 percent in the month, half the level forecast, and following a flat reading in April, prompting some economists to cut their estimates for second-quarter growth to as low as a 2.2 percent pace from as high as 4.0 percent before."

So, what you're saying, is......



*







Medicine Man is offline  
Old June 30th, 2014, 06:19 AM   #4
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,643
Clintonomics It's the Economy Stupid

Obamanomicis It is a stupid Economic plan
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:16 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 16,989
The economy runs in cycles. Clinton was lucky enough to govern during an up-cycle. He would have had to work hard to destroy it. The true test of a president is his ability to work within a down-cycle. Obama has not only failed the test he has added to it.
caconservative is offline  
Old June 30th, 2014, 07:26 AM   #6
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
The economy runs in cycles. Clinton was lucky enough to govern during an up-cycle. He would have had to work hard to destroy it. The true test of a president is his ability to work within a down-cycle. Obama has not only failed the test he has added to it.
Actually I think the Economy was a result of Clinton and Gingrich working together well, and having times of well timed opposition

and Clinton was a Supply Sider, cutting tax rates on the rich by 45%
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old July 1st, 2014, 02:36 AM   #7
Banned
 
Medicine Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 9,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
The economy runs in cycles. Clinton was lucky enough to govern during an up-cycle.

Yeah....that's.....


Quote:

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down.
Medicine Man is offline  
Old July 1st, 2014, 02:40 AM   #8
Banned
 
Medicine Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northeast
Posts: 9,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Actually I think the Economy was a result of Clinton and Gingrich working together well.....


Yeah.....that's what happened.......

Quote:
"The tax increase will…lead to a recession…and will actually increase the deficit."

Rep. Newt Gingrich (Republican, Georgia)
Medicine Man is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
clinton, it the economy stupid, it the economy stupid, obama



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Teabaggers = "Morons, Stupid, Ignoramuses, Bigots, Dying Off." Medicine Man Current Events 15 June 9th, 2014 07:08 AM
Who's More-Stupid Than "Snookie"?? Medicine Man Current Events 24 June 2nd, 2014 03:50 PM
Obama's boy Lew. "Just steal it ,they are stupid" pana8 Current Events 0 January 10th, 2014 02:41 AM
Obama: "I'm not American" "My Birth Place is Kenya" Dude111 Political Talk 11 August 17th, 2010 06:16 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.