Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree8Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
America’s Largest Reservoir Drains to Record Low As Western Drought Deepens

Lake Mead—America’s largest reservoir, Las Vegas’ main water source and an important indicator for water supplies in the Southwest—will fall this week to its lowest level since 1937 when the manmade lake was first being filled, according to forecasts from the federal Bureau of Reclamation.
?America?s Largest Reservoir Drains to Record Low As Western Drought Deepens | EcoWatch

intangible child is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 10:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,878
Good thing there's no scientific evidence for climate change, though, right?
LongWinded is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:00 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Good thing there's no scientific evidence for climate change, though, right?
It's getting cooler I tell ya!

Pentagon Tells Bush: Climate Change Will Destroy Us

Secret report warns of rioting and nuclear war
· Britain will be 'Siberian' in less than 20 years
· Threat to the world is greater than terrorism
By Mark Townsend and Paul Harris in New York
The Observer - UK 2-22-04

Pentagon Tells Bush: Climate Change Will Destroy Us

Pentagon tells Bush: climate change will destroy us | Environment | The Observer

Dear Reader,
We place these articles at no charge on our website to serve all the people who cannot afford Monthly Review, or who cannot get access to it where they live. Many of our most devoted readers are outside of the United States. If you read our articles online and you can afford a subscription to our print edition, we would very much appreciate it if you would consider purchasing one. Please visit the MR store for subscription options. Thank you very much. —Eds.

The Pentagon and Climate Change



Thanks from LongWinded
intangible child is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible child View Post
It's getting cooler I tell ya!

Pentagon Tells Bush: Climate Change Will Destroy Us

Secret report warns of rioting and nuclear war
· Britain will be 'Siberian' in less than 20 years
· Threat to the world is greater than terrorism
By Mark Townsend and Paul Harris in New York
The Observer - UK 2-22-04

Pentagon Tells Bush: Climate Change Will Destroy Us

Pentagon tells Bush: climate change will destroy us | Environment | The Observer

Dear Reader,
We place these articles at no charge on our website to serve all the people who cannot afford Monthly Review, or who cannot get access to it where they live. Many of our most devoted readers are outside of the United States. If you read our articles online and you can afford a subscription to our print edition, we would very much appreciate it if you would consider purchasing one. Please visit the MR store for subscription options. Thank you very much. —Eds.

The Pentagon and Climate Change



The rich upper 1% are building and moving to where it will not be affected. They pretty much have told we citizens to shove it where the sun don't shine and they sure enough thank those ignorant fundamentalist end-timers for allowing them to pollute us to an early and unprepared change in weather.
Thanks from imaginethat
LongWinded is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Good thing there's no scientific evidence for climate change, though, right?
Well you got one right. This is not evidence of climate change, this is a recurring weather-cycle in western region of the U.S.
caconservative is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #6
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Good thing there's no scientific evidence for climate change, though, right?
I think the issue is more people using the water and irrigation. I don't think climate change has anything to do with it.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:48 PM   #7
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 30,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
I think the issue is more people using the water and irrigation. I don't think climate change has anything to do with it.
That that part of the world is suffering a drought is well established. Then the two questions become, is it a natural variation or is it caused by human activity.

More and more, the data suggests the latter. But yes, much higher consumption also acerbates the reservoir water level problem.
RNG is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Katmandu
Posts: 5,262
I go to Vegas fairly often, it is sad how low Lake Mead is and how fast it is dropping.
Libertine is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 02:13 PM   #9
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
That that part of the world is suffering a drought is well established. Then the two questions become, is it a natural variation or is it caused by human activity.

More and more, the data suggests the latter. But yes, much higher consumption also acerbates the reservoir water level problem.
I got a feeling there are a lot more people using that water than there was in 1937.
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old July 7th, 2014, 02:22 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensacola_niceman View Post
I think the issue is more people using the water and irrigation. I don't think climate change has anything to do with it.
Irrigation in CA. has almost been curtailed. Many farmers have gone out of business.
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
america’s, deepens, drains, drought, largest, low, record, reservoir, western



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FACT SHEET: Supporting Western Governors As They Deal with Wildfire, Drought, and Oth The White House The White House 0 June 9th, 2014 01:10 PM
Earth Has A Secret Reservoir of Water excalibur Current Events 58 March 13th, 2014 10:53 PM
Largest Surplus In US History Shatters Record skews13 Current Events 6 July 12th, 2013 08:06 AM
Incident At Boston Reservoir excalibur Current Events 6 May 16th, 2013 09:34 AM
Corporate Profits Hit Record Highs While Worker Wages Hit Record Lows skews13 Current Events 166 December 8th, 2012 09:24 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.