Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree4Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
azchurchmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arizona...USA
Posts: 4,716
Schumer the Idiot

(CNSNews.com) - At a press conference Thursday, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said people with religious beliefs who disagree with the ObamaCare contraception mandate can choose their faith or “you don’t have to form a corporation.”
“You’re born with a religion or you adopt a religion. You have to obey the precepts of that religion and the government gives you a wide penumbra – you don’t have to form a corporation,” Schumer said.

Schumer claims the Supreme Court’s decision that closely-held firms have a right to deny coverage for certain types of birth control they find objectionable under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) was “misapplied.”

“When we wrote RFRA back in 1993 we did so to protect individuals with strong religious beliefs and give them the presumption they have always enjoyed. That they should be able to exercise their religious beliefs without interference from the government”, Schumer said.

“The court took that and applied it – misapplied it – to for-profit companies who exist for the purpose of benefitting from the open market, working in the marketplace under our laws.”

“We wouldn’t tell the owners of Hobby Lobby to convert to a different religion or disobey their religion - but we don’t say that they have to open up a company and go sell toys or hobby kits.”

Schumer’s comments came at a conference to push the Protect Women's Health from Corporate Interference Act, a Democratic bill aimed at forcing employers to abide by the ObamaCare contraception mandate reversing the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on the issue.

Schumer to Religious Americans: Pick One--Your Faith or Your Business | CNS News


This shows the heart of the LEFT. What he is saying is..."YOU DO THIS OR ELSE." That means WE WILL SILENCE YOU ANY WAY WE CAN. ANY WAY.

This is pure evil...but then the LEFT is all about evil. People like this don't want to follow the Constitution.
Thanks from Southern Gal
azchurchmouse is offline  
Old July 10th, 2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
What Schumer wants is government to dictate to all with a few tiny carve outs. What right does the government have to compel anyone to pay for any of this? Where is that power in the Constitution?

Indeed what Schumer wants is his religion of socialism to be inflicted on all 300 million plus. And property rights be damned.


Thanks from azchurchmouse and Southern Gal
excalibur is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 02:43 AM   #3
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by azchurchmouse View Post
(CNSNews.com) - At a press conference Thursday, Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said people with religious beliefs who disagree with the ObamaCare contraception mandate can choose their faith or “you don’t have to form a corporation.”
“You’re born with a religion or you adopt a religion. You have to obey the precepts of that religion and the government gives you a wide penumbra – you don’t have to form a corporation,” Schumer said.

Schumer claims the Supreme Court’s decision that closely-held firms have a right to deny coverage for certain types of birth control they find objectionable under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA) was “misapplied.”

“When we wrote RFRA back in 1993 we did so to protect individuals with strong religious beliefs and give them the presumption they have always enjoyed. That they should be able to exercise their religious beliefs without interference from the government”, Schumer said.

“The court took that and applied it – misapplied it – to for-profit companies who exist for the purpose of benefitting from the open market, working in the marketplace under our laws.”

“We wouldn’t tell the owners of Hobby Lobby to convert to a different religion or disobey their religion - but we don’t say that they have to open up a company and go sell toys or hobby kits.”

Schumer’s comments came at a conference to push the Protect Women's Health from Corporate Interference Act, a Democratic bill aimed at forcing employers to abide by the ObamaCare contraception mandate reversing the Supreme Court’s recent ruling on the issue.

Schumer to Religious Americans: Pick One--Your Faith or Your Business | CNS News


This shows the heart of the LEFT. What he is saying is..."YOU DO THIS OR ELSE." That means WE WILL SILENCE YOU ANY WAY WE CAN. ANY WAY.

This is pure evil...but then the LEFT is all about evil. People like this don't want to follow the Constitution.
I'm not as left as you think. I actually agree with you on this one.
Thanks from Southern Gal
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #4
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,053
Schumer is correct.
Camelot is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:39 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 356
Quote:
“When we wrote RFRA back in 1993 we did so to protect individuals with strong religious beliefs and give them the presumption they have always enjoyed. That they should be able to exercise their religious beliefs without interference from the government”, Schumer said.

“The court took that and applied it – misapplied it – to for-profit companies who exist for the purpose of benefitting from the open market, working in the marketplace under our laws.”

“We wouldn’t tell the owners of Hobby Lobby to convert to a different religion or disobey their religion - but we don’t say that they have to open up a company and go sell toys or hobby kits.”
Sounds like an idiot to me. So if the business is a sole-proprietorship, Partnership or LLC it's OK with him and just an individual employee. After all don't we all work "for the purpose of benefitting from the open market, working in the marketplace under our laws.”

Last edited by Southern Gal; July 11th, 2014 at 03:42 AM.
Southern Gal is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:43 AM   #6
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Gal View Post
Sounds like an idiot to me. So if the business is an employee, sole-proprietorship, Partnership or LLC it's OK with him. After all don't we all work "for the purpose of benefitting from the open market, working in the marketplace under our laws.”
You just made his point. You incorporate a business to shield your personal interests. Yes we do all work to benefit from the open market but don't enjoy the special privileges of corporations. That's Schumer's whole point.
Camelot is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:48 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
You just made his point. You incorporate a business to shield your personal interests. Yes we do all work to benefit from the open market but don't enjoy the special privileges of corporations. That's Schumer's whole point.
Oh, so he is saying religious people's businesses should have more liability exposure than non-religious people's. Yes he is an idiot.
Southern Gal is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:53 AM   #8
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Gal View Post
Oh, so he is saying religious people's businesses should have more liability exposure than non-religious people's. Yes he is an idiot.
No, he's saying that one incorporates to shield himself from personal liability and to deduct business expenses. In other words, people incorporate to separate their personal existence from their business existence. You can't have it both ways. We don't.
Camelot is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:56 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
No, he's saying that one incorporates to shield himself from personal liability and to deduct business expenses. In other words, people incorporate to separate their personal existence from their business existence. You can't have it both ways. We don't.
Personal "EXISTANCE"

Yep he's an idiot.
Southern Gal is offline  
Old July 11th, 2014, 03:58 AM   #10
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 25,053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Gal View Post
Personal "EXISTANCE"

Yep he's an idiot.
Camelot is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
idiot, schumer



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Schumer Predicts Mass Demonstrations excalibur Current Events 5 June 24th, 2013 09:59 PM
Schumer to Tax Reform: Drop Dead Truth Detector Current Events 12 October 17th, 2012 07:58 AM
Schumer Declares His Support for Same-Sex Marriages Nightrider Gay and Lesbian Rights 2 March 28th, 2009 12:11 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.