Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree41Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2014, 10:00 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot dragon View Post
unfortunately, it looks like its going the other way. open support for ISIS is easier to find than condemnation, among muslims.
I think 90 percent or more Muslims want the same things from life that you and I want, but the other 10 percent are motherf**kers, unlike any enemy we've ever faced, and whose hearts and minds in fact are committed to jihad/martyrdom, and one way or the other service to Allah is the way to Paradise ... and when you think of all the poverty in the extremely rigid societies, martyrdom presents a tempting choice.

Whackos get all the press, and always appear several magnitudes brighter than they really are. However, to underestimate ISIS' toxicity isn't wise.

ISIS not only presents an enemy unlike any enemy we've ever faced, ISIS presents an adversary to everyone who refuses to acquiesce to their interpretation of Islam, namely the rest of the world.

Quote:
An al Qaeda breakaway group's formal declaration of an Islamic caliphate ....

...was a bold move by the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), not just announcing their own state governed by Shariah law but also claiming legitimacy as a successor to the first Islamic rule created by the Prophet Muhammad in the Arabian Peninsula 14 centuries ago. In an audio recording Sunday evening, the group proclaimed its leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi as caliph and demanded all Muslims around the world pledge allegiance to him.
And there's their Achilles'Heel, thinking they can demand anything of "Muslims around the world."

Most Muslim's reaction to that demand or any like it would be, imo, "What? You talking to me????"

Basically, ISIS has set itself on a sooner or later collision course with all of Islam.
imaginethat is offline  
Old August 11th, 2014, 11:41 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
I think 90 percent or more Muslims want the same things from life that you and I want, but the other 10 percent are motherf**kers, unlike any enemy we've ever faced, and whose hearts and minds in fact are committed to jihad/martyrdom, and one way or the other service to Allah is the way to Paradise ... and when you think of all the poverty in the extremely rigid societies, martyrdom presents a tempting choice.

Whackos get all the press, and always appear several magnitudes brighter than they really are. However, to underestimate ISIS' toxicity isn't wise.

ISIS not only presents an enemy unlike any enemy we've ever faced, ISIS presents an adversary to everyone who refuses to acquiesce to their interpretation of Islam, namely the rest of the world.



And there's their Achilles'Heel, thinking they can demand anything of "Muslims around the world."

Most Muslim's reaction to that demand or any like it would be, imo, "What? You talking to me????"

Basically, ISIS has set itself on a sooner or later collision course with all of Islam.
I agree...but please bear to mind the "silence" in the Muslim community. They are too fearful to put their head up in many, many places around the world. You are correct in saying "most" Muslims want what the rest of us have in life...and they are, for the most part, "peace loving"...which adds to their reticence to actually go to arms and square off with those that wish to usurp and otherwise decent religion...

Now...for me...personally speaking...it ain't gonna happen.

You posted:

Most Muslim's reaction to that demand or any like it would be, imo, "What? You talking to me????"

This is my very point. Except it's a fact that they don't have to convert...so, it's:

Most Muslim's reaction to that demand or any like it would be, imo, "What? You talking to me????"


Last edited by Tony; August 12th, 2014 at 03:49 AM.
Tony is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 02:03 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Near Syria
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
Turkey will have to use it's military to fight these scumbags if they move to attack.
to threat Turkey is not a rational behavior. I dont know what they are trying to do, this group is managed by someone, the first suspect is ex-cia chief.
Calanthe is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calanthe View Post
to threat Turkey is not a rational behavior. I dont know what they are trying to do, this group is managed by someone, the first suspect is ex-cia chief.
Please provide evidence.
Thanks from imaginethat
Tony is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 04:10 AM   #65
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Well of course Maliki is to blame. But, that is not the point. Prior to leaving, Obimbo had the power, he chose not to use that power. If Obimbo had said, this is the way it's going to be, Maliki would have relented. But Obimbo didn't use that power in a constructive way, he used it in a manner that benefited his reelection promise, consequences be damned! This clown is more than willing to give away our sovereignty to benefit his Party. But using that power in Iraq would not look good in his reelection bid. Now, WE are faced with the consequences of his short term decisions.
Boy does this post revise history;

1) Bush set the timetable for withdrawal.
2) Bush was also unable to attain a SOFA agreement with Iraq.
3) the reason Al-Maliki refused to grant the U.S. a SOFA agreement is pretty clear. There were many instances where U.S. interests committed civilian atrocities in Iraq. Blackwater, a U.S. contractor committed a couple of instances of such civilian atrocity. They were beyond the reach of the Iraqi Justice system. The pressure on Al-Maliki to deny future legal protection was immense from the Iraqi citizenry. The chances for a SOFA agreement were extinguished before Obama took office.
Thanks from imaginethat and RNG
Camelot is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 04:51 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Near Syria
Posts: 132
News;

Turkey answers the threats of Isis; "Be smart, we endure"
Calanthe is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 04:59 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calanthe View Post
News;

Turkey answers the threats of Isis; "Be smart, we endure"
The ex-CIA chief. You don't mean Maxwell Smart's boss, do you???
Tony is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 07:35 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Boy does this post revise history;

1) Bush set the timetable for withdrawal.
2) Bush was also unable to attain a SOFA agreement with Iraq.
3) the reason Al-Maliki refused to grant the U.S. a SOFA agreement is pretty clear. There were many instances where U.S. interests committed civilian atrocities in Iraq. Blackwater, a U.S. contractor committed a couple of instances of such civilian atrocity. They were beyond the reach of the Iraqi Justice system. The pressure on Al-Maliki to deny future legal protection was immense from the Iraqi citizenry. The chances for a SOFA agreement were extinguished before Obama took office.
The truth is hard for some to swallow, but there it is, and it puts a little detail on the cluster*ck Bush passed on.

Criticisms leveled at Obama for not "fixing" Bush's cluster*ck carry a little water, but not much. The magnitude of Bush's cluster*ck is such that unf*cking it could take generations. Fact.

Bastard neocons....
Thanks from Camelot
imaginethat is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 07:42 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calanthe View Post
News;

Turkey answers the threats of Isis; "Be smart, we endure"
Bravo.

Presently, Turkey is the Shining Star of Islam.

.الحمد لله رب العالمين
imaginethat is offline  
Old August 12th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 18,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtables View Post
That's complete nonsense. Prior to leaving he did not have the power, unless the government there asked him to do something or to keep forces there. Stop lying. You clearly have no idea of that which you are talking about.
He did not have the power?? Are you that naive? Obimbo had superior power. What the hell was Maliki going to do with huge American military presence in Iraq. This was a political move pure and simple and it's backfiring in his face.
Now this idiot is telling ISIS, no boots on the ground? Just how stupid is it to give the enemy your intentions?! It's almost like this dufus is giving ISIS a heads-up! Stupid is as stupid does, and this clown is a stupid as they come.
No wonder this clown won't release his college transcripts.
caconservative is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
choices, crisis, hard, iraq, making, obama



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Hard Choices" Tour!!!! Medicine Man Current Events 5 May 27th, 2014 05:06 AM
First Lady believes in people making their own choices in regards to medical care but what about obamacare? yzerman19wingnut Healthcare 115 October 1st, 2012 09:08 AM
Allen West Backs Hard Choices At First Town Hall npr Current Events 0 January 28th, 2011 01:29 PM
Bush on Iraq bill: 'Stop making political statements' CNN Current Events 2 March 28th, 2007 09:47 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.