Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Scrollforward
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2014, 12:36 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Scrollforward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 182
News Casters or News Sales People ?

I have been watching the news for many years , or at least I thought it was news until it just hit me last night. Its not news , it Infomercials. News casters are nothing more than Salesmen. No more or no less sales men and women. Each broadcaster gets a set of facts , usually the fact are absorbed by us after you hear it once or twice. So then what do they do ? Hummmm , they add their own twist to it and continue to say the same thing over and over with their , and I quote Their own views or opinion. Lets use the "Obama has no Strategy" as an example. Do you or anyone else honestly think if our military had a strategy to take out isis , hamass or any other terrorist group or had a series of bombing raids or rescue attempt planned do you think they would inform cnn , fox , cbs , nbc among many others what they had planned ? LOL , hell no . I honestly think that's what the news agencies are really pissed about . Lack of info to them. Do you not remember how sneaky they had to be just to pull off the Bin Laden deal. Why don't we figure out our strategy and Fedx a copy to isis a couple weeks before we launch our attacks ? The Dems and Repubs can get as upset as they want to about dealing with the terrorist . as long as they don't know what is going on mabe we just might get some results. Keep your mouth shut , keep it quiet , stop publishing everything we accomplish and just mabe we can get it done.

Sickum
Thanks from LongWinded
Scrollforward is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 02:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrollforward View Post
I have been watching the news for many years , or at least I thought it was news until it just hit me last night. Its not news , it Infomercials. News casters are nothing more than Salesmen. No more or no less sales men and women. Each broadcaster gets a set of facts , usually the fact are absorbed by us after you hear it once or twice. So then what do they do ? Hummmm , they add their own twist to it and continue to say the same thing over and over with their , and I quote Their own views or opinion. Lets use the "Obama has no Strategy" as an example. Do you or anyone else honestly think if our military had a strategy to take out isis , hamass or any other terrorist group or had a series of bombing raids or rescue attempt planned do you think they would inform cnn , fox , cbs , nbc among many others what they had planned ? LOL , hell no . I honestly think that's what the news agencies are really pissed about . Lack of info to them. Do you not remember how sneaky they had to be just to pull off the Bin Laden deal. Why don't we figure out our strategy and Fedx a copy to isis a couple weeks before we launch our attacks ? The Dems and Repubs can get as upset as they want to about dealing with the terrorist . as long as they don't know what is going on mabe we just might get some results. Keep your mouth shut , keep it quiet , stop publishing everything we accomplish and just mabe we can get it done.

Sickum
You're on to something here. FOX news, or something comparable to it which used to broadcast all opinions has now been banned in the UK because it is NOT news. I'm all for that here.
LongWinded is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:22 PM   #3
Talent on loan from god
 
Camelot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 27,345
It's about ratings and money, first and foremost IMO.
Camelot is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:29 PM   #4
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 29,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
You're on to something here. FOX news, or something comparable to it which used to broadcast all opinions has now been banned in the UK because it is NOT news. I'm all for that here.
I did a bunch of checking and I don't think that is true. Some Fox shows have been banned but I can't find a reference, other than a site I suspect is another Onion clone to report that.
RNG is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
You're on to something here. FOX news, or something comparable to it which used to broadcast all opinions has now been banned in the UK because it is NOT news. I'm all for that here.
Yes...it's way easier to change the Constitution than changing the channel.........
Tony is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
I wonder how that works out since 40% of British Sky Broadcasting is owned by Fox's parent company 21st Century Fox.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 2nd, 2014, 04:43 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gamma Solaris
Posts: 22,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I wonder how that works out since 40% of British Sky Broadcasting is owned by Fox's parent company 21st Century Fox.
However it seems...Ole Rupe is the sharpest tack in any box. Besides, live Britt TV is losing ground to streamed internet TV. What's the problem? Besides, citizens actually need to pay a TV licensing fee to even HAVE what we call "free to air" TV..........
Tony is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
casters, news, people, sales



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOX news host falls for fake news story. Nwolfe35 Current Events 31 October 10th, 2013 06:42 AM
More Bad News For Who Want to deny Equal Rights to Gay People knowuryder Gay and Lesbian Rights 34 April 21st, 2011 03:50 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.