Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree5Thanks
  • 2 Post By skews13
  • 1 Post By LongWinded
  • 1 Post By skews13
  • 1 Post By skews13
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 3rd, 2014, 03:45 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,502
States Refusing To Expand Medicaid Paying Out Billions To Other States

States refusing Medicaid expansion are paying out billions to insure people in other states




The 23 states that have refused Medicaid expansion under Obamacare will be sending $152 billion in taxes paid over the next 10 years to states that did expand. That's from a McClatchy analysis of Urban Institute data. Among the states that will be really losing out, is North Carolina, which will shell out about $10 billion.

Taxpayer contributions, estimated at $10.2 billion from North Carolina and $3.1 billion from South Carolina, won’t change regardless of participation. But as things stand, only the 27 states (along with Washington, D.C.) that expanded Medicaid or created their own programs are sharing in the benefits. […]

Medicaid looms at the top of the agenda when the North Carolina legislature convenes in January. What’s unclear is whether Republican leaders will reconsider their refusal to accept the federal money.

This year, Senate leaders clashed with Gov. Pat McCrory and House leaders over plans to control medical costs and improve the state Medicaid system. None of them called for expanding Medicaid.

That's not even counting the negative economic impact that the state is experiencing because of hospital closures. The 23 states that didn't take the expansion money are losing out on $170 billion just in payments to hospitals, and at the same time those hospitals are having to absorb cuts.

When the law was written, hospitals agreed to take some cuts under the assumption that they would make up the difference by having fewer uninsured patients.

That was before the Supreme Court decided that states didn't have to take the expansion. Now those cuts are hitting and the hospitals are still having to treat the uninsured.

That problem, and state and local business support for expansion could make the difference in North Carolina and some of the other states. That's why states like Wyoming, and Tennesee, and Indiana, and Connecticut—and even Utah—are exploring expansion.

Pretty soon they're going to discover that they can't afford not to.
Thanks from waitingtables and LongWinded
skews13 is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 03:54 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
States refusing Medicaid expansion are paying out billions to insure people in other states




The 23 states that have refused Medicaid expansion under Obamacare will be sending $152 billion in taxes paid over the next 10 years to states that did expand. That's from a McClatchy analysis of Urban Institute data. Among the states that will be really losing out, is North Carolina, which will shell out about $10 billion.

Taxpayer contributions, estimated at $10.2 billion from North Carolina and $3.1 billion from South Carolina, won’t change regardless of participation. But as things stand, only the 27 states (along with Washington, D.C.) that expanded Medicaid or created their own programs are sharing in the benefits. […]

Medicaid looms at the top of the agenda when the North Carolina legislature convenes in January. What’s unclear is whether Republican leaders will reconsider their refusal to accept the federal money.

This year, Senate leaders clashed with Gov. Pat McCrory and House leaders over plans to control medical costs and improve the state Medicaid system. None of them called for expanding Medicaid.

That's not even counting the negative economic impact that the state is experiencing because of hospital closures. The 23 states that didn't take the expansion money are losing out on $170 billion just in payments to hospitals, and at the same time those hospitals are having to absorb cuts.

When the law was written, hospitals agreed to take some cuts under the assumption that they would make up the difference by having fewer uninsured patients.

That was before the Supreme Court decided that states didn't have to take the expansion. Now those cuts are hitting and the hospitals are still having to treat the uninsured.

That problem, and state and local business support for expansion could make the difference in North Carolina and some of the other states. That's why states like Wyoming, and Tennesee, and Indiana, and Connecticut—and even Utah—are exploring expansion.

Pretty soon they're going to discover that they can't afford not to.
It's no surprise these 23 states refusing are tea bagger states...they don't know a THING about good economic policies.
Thanks from waitingtables
LongWinded is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
It's no surprise these 23 states refusing are tea bagger states...they don't know a THING about good economic policies.
It is no surprise that the pinko commie left continues to lie about the billions of dollars added to state's budgets that expanded Medicaid.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:22 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
It is no surprise that the pinko commie left continues to lie about the billions of dollars added to state's budgets that expanded Medicaid.
It's no surprise that you'll still be delusional enough to believe the law is going to be repealed long after all 50 states have both opened exchanges, and expanded Medicaid, but the same group of losers are still delusional enough to believe they're going to repeal Social Security, so it's not a big surprise.
Thanks from waitingtables
skews13 is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:27 PM   #5
Banned
 
coke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: nunya
Posts: 12,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
It's no surprise that you'll still be delusional enough to believe the law is going to be repealed long after all 50 states have both opened exchanges, and expanded Medicaid, but the same group of losers are still delusional enough to believe they're going to repeal Social Security, so it's not a big surprise.
I don't think they will repeal social security. I got a much more sinister theory than that. I think the government is going to confiscate all 401k's and private retirement funds and put it all in social security and mandate that social security is the only legal retirement you are allowed to have
coke is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 04:27 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
It's no surprise that you'll still be delusional enough to believe the law is going to be repealed long after all 50 states have both opened exchanges, and expanded Medicaid, but the same group of losers are still delusional enough to believe they're going to repeal Social Security, so it's not a big surprise.
How many billions is California already on the hook for?
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 05:32 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by coke View Post
I don't think they will repeal social security. I got a much more sinister theory than that. I think the government is going to confiscate all 401k's and private retirement funds and put it all in social security and mandate that social security is the only legal retirement you are allowed to have
I don't see that happening. What will happen is the annual contribution currently capped at $100,800 will be raised to $1 million, as part of a comprehensive tax policy that will be enacted after the Republicans lose the House. This will be coupled with a comprehensive immigration policy that will also add revenues to the fund. Changes are going to happen to Congress in the future that will permanantly prevent the political right from having the power they do today to obstruct legislative change they are beholden to their base to obstruct. When your base is one that is shrinking as it is, it becomes a simple matter of math, and the numbers are not with the base of zealots.
Thanks from waitingtables
skews13 is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 05:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
I don't see that happening. What will happen is the annual contribution currently capped at $100,800 will be raised to $1 million, as part of a comprehensive tax policy that will be enacted after the Republicans lose the House. This will be coupled with a comprehensive immigration policy that will also add revenues to the fund. Changes are going to happen to Congress in the future that will permanantly prevent the political right from having the power they do today to obstruct legislative change they are beholden to their base to obstruct. When your base is one that is shrinking as it is, it becomes a simple matter of math, and the numbers are not with the base of zealots.
When are the Republicans going to lose the House? When are the democrats lose the Senate? Explain how the republicans are losing their base. Who is going to raise the base to $1 million? How is the right going to be prevented from representing the right? Explain the math.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 06:01 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California
Posts: 17,183
Health care cost of illegal aliens in CA. annually, $1.4 Billion, and growing.
caconservative is offline  
Old September 3rd, 2014, 06:20 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by caconservative View Post
Health care cost of illegal aliens in CA. annually, $1.4 Billion, and growing.
Right. Illegals in California. Murders in Chicago. The country is going broke because of social security. Obamacare will lead to death panels, and Willie Horton is going to kill grandma on a weekend pass. You guys truly are a one trick pony aren't you?
skews13 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
billions, expand, medicaid, paying, refusing, states



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Add Tennessee To List Of Red States Caving On Medicaid Expansion skews13 Current Events 14 September 2nd, 2014 09:11 PM
Hospitals See Steep Decline In Uninsured Admissions In States That Expand Medicaid skews13 Current Events 19 May 12th, 2014 12:34 AM
The Medicaid Gap Hits Home In Red States skews13 Current Events 65 December 12th, 2013 10:39 AM
Corporate Bull And Bullying Has States Spending Billions In Taxpayer Incentive Dollar skews13 Current Events 26 December 10th, 2013 07:06 AM
Romney: Let states expand health insurance CNN Current Events 1 August 24th, 2007 11:31 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.