Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,047
Media Bias Is Dangerous But Outright Bias Gets Many Killed

Media bias is dangerous but outright bias can get many killed


Media bias is a dangerous thing - Video Dailymotion


Lawrence O’Donnell's piece above that is quite telling. Since the execution of Michael Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, many eyewitnesses have been telling a fairly consistent story:

Brown was in an altercation with Wilson at the window of the police vehicle.

A shot was fired.

Brown ran away from Wilson.

Wilson shot at Brown while he was running away.

A bullet appeared to hit Brown as he ran away.

Brown turned around with his hands up, surrendering.

Wilson pumped several more bullets into Brown as Wilson approached Brown.

Many eyewitness video clips on YouTube and eyewitness interviews similar to the eyewitness in Lawrence O’Donnell’s piece above have basically said the same thing, to several reporters and anchors at CNN as well.

Most of the anchors and reporters at MSNBC have been accurately putting the eyewitness accounts into proper context. Many others, including Jeffrey Toobin, have been hedging. However, with the emergence of two new eyewitnesses, Toobin became giddy on CNN. He is now declaring that the execution of Brown was likely a murder.

As Lawrence O’Donnell said, the story of the two new witnesses correlated perfectly with the statements from all previous eyewitnesses. What could possibly be the difference? Sunny Hostin laid it out:

I guess I am just so surprised. From the very beginning of this story everyone was questioning eyewitness accounts of the people in the neighborhood. I don’t really understand why now there is this game changer. Why now you have two white witnesses that are somehow not connected to the community. And now they seem to be the more credible witnesses? It’s really befuddling to me, quite frankly, because now we have six, seven, eight witnesses saying the damn thing.

Over time ,with the release of the irrelevant Brown "shoplifting" video, as well as pointing to typical teenage music and pictures interpreted to malign the victim, many began giving plausibility to the idea that Wilson’s execution of Brown may have been justified.

In early August, 22-year-old John Crawford III went shopping at a Walmart store in Ohio. Crawford had an unpackaged BB gun in the store, one which Walmart sells. No one was bothered by him having the toy. No one, that is, except for 24-year-old Ronald Ritchie.

It turns out that Ritchie called 911 claiming there was a black man walking around with a gun in the store. Ritchie claimed the gun was as AR-15 rifle and that Crawford was pointing it at other shoppers. Based on the information gleaned later from a videotape and eyewitness accounts, Ritchie seems to have lied. Officers shot Crawford almost on sight.

In a country where open carry is the law of the land in many states, including Ohio, why were cops so quick to pull the trigger? It is bias, plain and simple, bias against weaponized black men.

Police bias against black men likely got these two black men, Brown and Crawford, executed for no reason. And media bias could allow the cops to walk free.

The effects of bias—and specifically media bias—is quite dangerous. It should not be viewed as mostly a racial thing. It is much deeper. Media bias enabled the misrepresentation of the Affordable Care Act, for example, leading to implementation setbacks (e.g., Medicaid expansion not implemented in many states), which has caused the death of many.

Media bias against Muslims makes the caricature of an overly powerful ISIS/ISIL an existential danger to Americans. Popular opinion, influenced by a biased media, forced the hand of a president reluctant to go into another war, a war that will get many Americans killed unnecessarily.

Media bias promotes economic theories that are proven false yet fail to inform Americans accurately. Supply-side economics has provably failed. Other inaccuracies abound and need to be laid to rest. Increasing the minimum wage does not increase unemployment. There is no economic reason to treat investment income different than wage income other than to expand wealth and lead to greater income disparity.

Yet there is a media bias against calling out the snake oil salespeople.

If America ever got an unbiased media, sooner rather than later many of America’s social, racial, and economic ills would disappear.
Thanks from LongWinded
skews13 is offline  
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:13 PM   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 544
Bias is the claim that the police shot this man because he was black.

Man waving around a real gun like a toy.
Man told to out down gun.
Man didn't put down gun.
End.

BTW, what is with black folk that makes them thinking talking on the phone is the proper response to police instructions?
Blue Floyd is offline  
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:16 PM   #3
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,319
I think if you hurry you can contact the Ferguson District Attorney and make him aware that Lawrence O’Donnell, CNN, and you have already had a trial and Wilson is guilty. It will save him time and money.

Last edited by Jimmyb; September 15th, 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:18 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Floyd View Post
Bias is the claim that the police shot this man because he was black.

Man waving around a real gun like a toy.
Man told to out down gun.
Man didn't put down gun.
End.

BTW, what is with black folk that makes them thinking talking on the phone is the proper response to police instructions?
Video shows the opposite of your reply

What is it with foolish white folk that think they have a winning position before the case is finished being investigated?

What is it with foolish white folk who the whine and cry when things don't go their way?
skews13 is offline  
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 8,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
I think if you hurry you can contact the Ferguson District Attorney and make him aware that Lawrence O’Donnell, CNN, and you have already had a trial Wilson is guilty. It will save him time and money.
Not necessary, that case will be in a federal court. I notice cops like Wilson don't fare real well in those trials.
Thanks from LongWinded
skews13 is offline  
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #6
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Not necessary, that case will be in a federal court. I notice cops like Wilson don't fare real well in those trials.
Explain to me how it will be federal.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old September 14th, 2014, 05:58 PM   #7
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
Explain to me how it will be federal.
Grand Dragon Holder is trying very hard to trump up a federal case.
Blue Floyd is offline  
Old September 15th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: On the outside, trickling down on the Insiders
Posts: 1,068
Left and Right Are Two Branches of the Same Poison Oak Working Side by Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Media bias is dangerous but outright bias can get many killed


Media bias is a dangerous thing - Video Dailymotion


Lawrence O’Donnell's piece above that is quite telling. Since the execution of Michael Brown by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, many eyewitnesses have been telling a fairly consistent story:

Brown was in an altercation with Wilson at the window of the police vehicle.

A shot was fired.

Brown ran away from Wilson.

Wilson shot at Brown while he was running away.

A bullet appeared to hit Brown as he ran away.

Brown turned around with his hands up, surrendering.

Wilson pumped several more bullets into Brown as Wilson approached Brown.

Many eyewitness video clips on YouTube and eyewitness interviews similar to the eyewitness in Lawrence O’Donnell’s piece above have basically said the same thing, to several reporters and anchors at CNN as well.

Most of the anchors and reporters at MSNBC have been accurately putting the eyewitness accounts into proper context. Many others, including Jeffrey Toobin, have been hedging. However, with the emergence of two new eyewitnesses, Toobin became giddy on CNN. He is now declaring that the execution of Brown was likely a murder.

As Lawrence O’Donnell said, the story of the two new witnesses correlated perfectly with the statements from all previous eyewitnesses. What could possibly be the difference? Sunny Hostin laid it out:

I guess I am just so surprised. From the very beginning of this story everyone was questioning eyewitness accounts of the people in the neighborhood. I don’t really understand why now there is this game changer. Why now you have two white witnesses that are somehow not connected to the community. And now they seem to be the more credible witnesses? It’s really befuddling to me, quite frankly, because now we have six, seven, eight witnesses saying the damn thing.

Over time ,with the release of the irrelevant Brown "shoplifting" video, as well as pointing to typical teenage music and pictures interpreted to malign the victim, many began giving plausibility to the idea that Wilson’s execution of Brown may have been justified.

In early August, 22-year-old John Crawford III went shopping at a Walmart store in Ohio. Crawford had an unpackaged BB gun in the store, one which Walmart sells. No one was bothered by him having the toy. No one, that is, except for 24-year-old Ronald Ritchie.

It turns out that Ritchie called 911 claiming there was a black man walking around with a gun in the store. Ritchie claimed the gun was as AR-15 rifle and that Crawford was pointing it at other shoppers. Based on the information gleaned later from a videotape and eyewitness accounts, Ritchie seems to have lied. Officers shot Crawford almost on sight.

In a country where open carry is the law of the land in many states, including Ohio, why were cops so quick to pull the trigger? It is bias, plain and simple, bias against weaponized black men.

Police bias against black men likely got these two black men, Brown and Crawford, executed for no reason. And media bias could allow the cops to walk free.

The effects of bias—and specifically media bias—is quite dangerous. It should not be viewed as mostly a racial thing. It is much deeper. Media bias enabled the misrepresentation of the Affordable Care Act, for example, leading to implementation setbacks (e.g., Medicaid expansion not implemented in many states), which has caused the death of many.

Media bias against Muslims makes the caricature of an overly powerful ISIS/ISIL an existential danger to Americans. Popular opinion, influenced by a biased media, forced the hand of a president reluctant to go into another war, a war that will get many Americans killed unnecessarily.

Media bias promotes economic theories that are proven false yet fail to inform Americans accurately. Supply-side economics has provably failed. Other inaccuracies abound and need to be laid to rest. Increasing the minimum wage does not increase unemployment. There is no economic reason to treat investment income different than wage income other than to expand wealth and lead to greater income disparity.

Yet there is a media bias against calling out the snake oil salespeople.

If America ever got an unbiased media, sooner rather than later many of America’s social, racial, and economic ills would disappear.
More proof that Leftists are agents of the Right Wing. First he insults White people with this ignorant view of Blacks. Once he's gotten us to hate him for being a snobbish little twerp, he attacks Right Wing economics, leading us to sympathize with that.
The Sage of Main Street is offline  
Old September 15th, 2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Video shows the opposite of your reply
Two parties have seen the video of the black man with a gun. One party (family and lawyer) has nothing to lose by imagining the video shows an unjust shooting where there's a just shooting. The other party (police and DA) have their jobs to lose if they imagine a just shooting where there's an unjust shooting. One party (family and lawyer) is driven be racial bigotry. The other party (police and DA) displays professionalism.

Who do you think I'm going to believe?

The video will eventually be released to the public. It'll show a black man waving around a real gun like a toy and not putting it down when police tell him to.

We have another No_Limit_Nigga who's a grown man, master of the 8th-grade, playing around carelessly with a real gun for at least 10 minutes, talking on the phone, thinking he's too cool to jump when the police say jump. "Wat dem crackas gonna do? Pop ma ass?" Yep.
Blue Floyd is offline  
Old September 15th, 2014, 03:08 PM   #10
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: omaha
Posts: 2,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
Video shows the opposite of your reply

What is it with foolish white folk that think they have a winning position before the case is finished being investigated?

What is it with foolish white folk who the whine and cry when things don't go their way?
Seriously?

Are you REALLY so stupid you CANNOT see the irony in your own words?

You've already got the "white" cop "convicted".
Thanks from Tony
antares is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
bias, dangerous, killed, media, outright



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Media Bias vs. Israel roastpork Current Events 6 December 12th, 2013 08:59 AM
Liberal Media Bias. roastpork Current Events 1 July 20th, 2013 09:09 AM
Never-ending media bias imaginethat Current Events 12 July 13th, 2013 11:07 AM
Does the Media have a Liberal Bias? Steama1973 Liberalism 33 December 1st, 2006 08:04 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.