Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree5Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,684
PETITION: Need 300,000 to End Citizens United

We the People, Not We the Corporations

On January 21, 2010, with its ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are persons, entitled by the U.S. Constitution to buy elections and run our government. Human beings are people; corporations are legal fictions.

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United and other related cases, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.

The Supreme Court is misguided in principle, and wrong on the law. In a democracy, the people rule.

Take a stand against the Koch Brothers



Thanks from LongWinded
intangible child is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 07:23 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,684
intangible child is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 07:56 AM   #3
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,074
What are these 300,000 signatures going to do? Which method of an Article IV convention is the petition seeking?

Quote:
The Supreme Court is misguided in principle, and wrong on the law. In a democracy, the people rule.
Explain what is misguided and wrong on the law starting with Dartmouth vs. Woodward, 17 U.S. 518 (1819), and all subsequent Supreme Court ruling up to Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, No. 08-205, 558 U.S. 310 (2010).
Thanks from caconservative

Last edited by Jimmyb; February 13th, 2015 at 08:13 AM.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 08:50 AM   #4
Roo
Banned
 
Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: West
Posts: 729
So the Supreme Court should rule how the "people" tell them to?
Roo is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 08:52 AM   #5
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo View Post
So the Supreme Court should rule how the "people" tell them to?
According to Ginsberg that is how they ruled on Obamcare and will rule on same sex marriage.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 08:53 AM   #6
Roo
Banned
 
Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: West
Posts: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
According to Ginsberg that is how they ruled on Obamcare and will rule on same sex marriage.
Hmmm, they are supposed to rule according to the Law.
Thanks from Jimmyb
Roo is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 11:43 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible child View Post
We the People, Not We the Corporations

On January 21, 2010, with its ruling in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, the Supreme Court ruled that corporations are persons, entitled by the U.S. Constitution to buy elections and run our government. Human beings are people; corporations are legal fictions.

We, the People of the United States of America, reject the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling in Citizens United and other related cases, and move to amend our Constitution to firmly establish that money is not speech, and that human beings, not corporations, are persons entitled to constitutional rights.

The Supreme Court is misguided in principle, and wrong on the law. In a democracy, the people rule.

Take a stand against the Koch Brothers



Done. Know how the right wingers are calling for income equality. THIS is one of the issues I tell them to END. THAT won't happen.
LongWinded is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 01:42 PM   #8
Commie Exposer
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 38,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
Done. Know how the right wingers are calling for income equality. THIS is one of the issues I tell them to END. THAT won't happen.
Give the details of "right wingers" calling for income equality.

Also explain how this issue can be ended.
Thanks from excalibur
Jimmyb is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 02:30 PM   #9
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyb View Post
According to Ginsberg that is how they ruled on Obamcare and will rule on same sex marriage.

Is that the same Ginsberg who was obviously drunk, and looked like she was going to throw up, during the SOTU?

So how is it that many states that voted against homosexual marriage will be interpreted as being in favor of same? The lying extremist left at work.


excalibur is offline  
Old February 13th, 2015, 02:48 PM   #10
Banned
 
Generaloberst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 2,702
The United States is not a democracy, it is a Federal Republic.

Regardless, I agree on principle, I guess. Fuck corporations who want to prostitute candidates like bidding slaves in Ancient Rome. We should have people in office who are there for us, not for the corporations.
Thanks from Camelot
Generaloberst is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
000, 300, citizens, end, petition, united



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Citizens United Decision antares Current Events 127 April 23rd, 2015 08:18 PM
Senate Votes 79-18 On Amendment To Overturn Citizens United skews13 Current Events 19 September 11th, 2014 05:42 PM
Citizens United - Part 2 Camelot Current Events 2 October 14th, 2013 05:24 PM
Amend the U.S. Constitution to Undo the Damage of Citizens United v. FEC intangible child Current Events 32 October 10th, 2013 10:20 AM
Unions, Not Corps, Use Citizens United Ruling leighredf Freedom of Speech 1 June 14th, 2010 11:16 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.