Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree12Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2015, 04:46 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of liberal hippies
Posts: 38,895
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The court upheld the draconian state law of allowing the state to close most of the clinics there.

Unlike you jimmy, i'm a big picture thinker. I deduce what this will lead to 5, 10, 20, 30 years down the road.

I remember very well in the 80's when states were passing draconian drug laws to kiss Ronald Reagans ass at every turn in the road. Mr. zero tolerance policy himself.

I marvel at how today many of those same conservatives now decry zero tolerance policies in schools that are a direct result of those laws.

And where are we today? Marijuana legal in many states, and school districts rethinking those zero tolerance policies.

That's what's known as an epic failure of the Reagan administration.

Guess what's going to happen over that same time frame regarding all of these state anti choice laws?

You right wingers just don't get it. These kinds of big government restrictions is like another hit of heroin to a junkie.

Get ready for another bout of rehab.
Why don't you show me the Supreme Court ruling.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old June 9th, 2015, 04:53 PM   #22
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
The court upheld the draconian state law of allowing the state to close most of the clinics there.

Which court was that?


Quote:
Unlike you jimmy, i'm a big picture thinker. I deduce what this will lead to 5, 10, 20, 30 years down the road.

You are a legend in your own mind.


Quote:
I remember very well in the 80's when states were passing draconian drug laws to kiss Ronald Reagans ass at every turn in the road. Mr. zero tolerance policy himself.

Yeah, no states had done this on their own. Heh.


excalibur is offline  
Old June 9th, 2015, 08:06 PM   #23
Celebrating diversity
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 22,455
It's just more big government for the party that boasts a platform of smaller government. Apparently the right wing has stopped even trying to hide it's hypocritical ways.
Thanks from imaginethat, RNG and LongWinded
Sabcat is offline  
Old June 10th, 2015, 04:45 AM   #24
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,646
if they are "Family Planning Centers" why are they depending on abortion to fund.

I have an Idea LW why don't you start a charity:

SAVE THE ABORTION CLINICS

here I will even give you a logo for your charity


TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 10th, 2015, 09:09 AM   #25
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LA LA Land North
Posts: 26,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
if they are "Family Planning Centers" why are they depending on abortion to fund.

I have an Idea LW why don't you start a charity:

SAVE THE ABORTION CLINICS

here I will even give you a logo for your charity


You really enjoy wallowing in your ignorance, don't you.
Thanks from Sabcat and LongWinded
RNG is offline  
Old June 11th, 2015, 05:37 AM   #26
I'm debt free
 
TNVolunteer73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lebanon, TN
Posts: 33,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
You really enjoy wallowing in your ignorance, don't you.
Ignorance, most abortion clinics (which are out patients surgical center that perform only one surgical procedure). Are now being regulated as Outpatient surgical centers. Patients first.

TN has done the same thing. Either they meet the standards or they close.

So why do the clinics not want to improve patient safety.


The reason they don't is $$$$.. So I just suggested that LW being a charity to raise the money to help the meet the regulations.


I just thought LW for one time could put his money where his mouth is.

I do, I support a cause I give my time as well as financial support.

Last edited by TNVolunteer73; June 11th, 2015 at 05:39 AM.
TNVolunteer73 is offline  
Old June 11th, 2015, 09:54 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
Ignorance, most abortion clinics (which are out patients surgical center that perform only one surgical procedure). Are now being regulated as Outpatient surgical centers. Patients first.

TN has done the same thing. Either they meet the standards or they close.

So why do the clinics not want to improve patient safety.


The reason they don't is $$$$.. So I just suggested that LW being a charity to raise the money to help the meet the regulations.


I just thought LW for one time could put his money where his mouth is.

I do, I support a cause I give my time as well as financial support.

What? THESE are the new standards you speak of to improve patient safety?

What a crock.

Reversing Two Decades of Law, Tennessee Approves New Restrictions On Abortion | Nashville Public Radio

Quote:
Tennessee is on the verge of placing its first new restrictions on women seeking abortion in nearly 20 years.

Lawmakers in the state House of Representatives voted Tuesday to impose a 48-hour waiting period and to require women to hear a mandatory warning before an abortion. The House also voted to make all facilities that provide more than 50 abortions a year submit to stringent inspection standards.

This has NOTHING to do with patient safety.

Quote:
"There has been absolutely no proof no medical proof provided ... justifying the need for a physician to be present in this first office visit," said Rep. John Ray Clemmons (D-Nashville). "If we're trying to pass a health care bill, rather than some other type of bill, that is seeking to protect a women's health allegedly, you would think there would be medical proof justifying the need for this additional hurdle that we're placing in the path of women seeking to exercise their constitutional right."
This is just the radical religious right using its power to play god.
Thanks from Sabcat
LongWinded is offline  
Old June 11th, 2015, 11:06 AM   #28
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Matrix
Posts: 1,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
And the birthrate of inner city poor will increase, putting a greater strain on already stressed social services.
Forcing the inner city poor to face the consequences of their bad choices will send a message throughout the population that being a parasite on society is no longer an option. In the long run, people will behave more responsibly and society will be more free and better off. In the long run, smaller government.

We're gonna cut your EBT card in half!!! No more free spicy chicken wings from Kroger.

Last edited by BigLibSB; June 11th, 2015 at 11:09 AM.
BigLibSB is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
abortion, appeals, clinics, close, court, federal, restrict, texas, upholds



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Federal Appeals Court Destroys Obamacare Libertine Current Events 45 July 13th, 2017 05:46 AM
Federal court gives TX go ahead to enforce regulation of abortion clinics. TNVolunteer73 Current Events 166 October 6th, 2014 07:21 AM
Fith Circuit of Appeals Upholds Texas Abortion Law Jimmyb Current Events 7 April 1st, 2014 12:36 AM
Federal Appeals Court Upholds "obamacare" waitingtables Current Events 31 November 13th, 2011 05:33 AM
Supreme Court upholds 'partial-birth' abortion ban CNN Current Events 5 April 26th, 2007 03:16 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.