Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree186Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2015, 01:18 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
intangible child's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: California
Posts: 12,699
Remove the Confederate flag

On the heels of the brutal killing of nine Black people in a South Carolina church, it's time to put a symbol of rebellion and racism behind us and move toward healing and a better United States of America.1 Can you join me in telling South Carolina lawmakers: Symbols of hate and division have no place in our government. It's time to stand up for what's right and take down the Confederate flag!
MoveOn Petitions - Remove the Confederate Flag From All Government Places

Thanks from LongWinded
intangible child is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2015, 12:20 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
LongWinded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 11,828
Quote:
Originally Posted by intangible child View Post
On the heels of the brutal killing of nine Black people in a South Carolina church, it's time to put a symbol of rebellion and racism behind us and move toward healing and a better United States of America.1 Can you join me in telling South Carolina lawmakers: Symbols of hate and division have no place in our government. It's time to stand up for what's right and take down the Confederate flag!
MoveOn Petitions - Remove the Confederate Flag From All Government Places

I'm quite confident with Wal-Mart coming out against it, these flags will fall down and disappear in the south.
LongWinded is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2015, 01:04 PM   #3
Your Own Moderator
 
pensacola_niceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 31,694
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWinded View Post
I'm quite confident with Wal-Mart coming out against it, these flags will fall down and disappear in the south.
Naw, the hardcore southerner's will make an even bigger effort to display it everywhere.
Thanks from Castle Doctrine and Hollywood
pensacola_niceman is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2015, 01:23 PM   #4
Mayor of Realville
 
webguy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 15,017
shall I take these calls for the removal of the confederate battle flag as endorsements of Jeb Bush who removed that flag from florida 14 years ago?
webguy4 is offline  
Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:51 PM   #5
RNG
Senior Member
 
RNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Between everywhere
Posts: 26,868
I just got a CNN email saying Amazon has now stopped selling it.
RNG is offline  
Old June 25th, 2015, 06:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Tsenacommacah
Posts: 355
That flag should be removed as it is offending Black people. It was the flag of nation's army that wanted to keep them subjugated.

Then there's that other flag which from the late 18th century to the late 19th century a nation's army flew while it made war upon and subjugated indigenous people. To some of us it is more offensive than the Confederate flag.

I don't think it's going to be removed.

Dylann Roof was a white supremacist who waved a Confederate flag and killed nine Black people. Whole armies of white supremacists flew the stars and stripes as they killed thousands of non-white indigenous tribal people and that symbol of hate still flies over this nation's capitol.
Thanks from imaginethat and Sabcat
Atehequa is offline  
Old June 25th, 2015, 07:25 PM   #7
Banned
 
excalibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: The Milky Way
Posts: 24,581
I sure hope Hillary gets the meme.




excalibur is offline  
Old June 25th, 2015, 07:30 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In the mind of commie hippies
Posts: 38,895
Don't leave out removing the Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Memorial, and scrubbing Woodrow Wilson and Harry Truman from history as well. And on and on and on.
Jimmyb is offline  
Old June 25th, 2015, 08:17 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Franklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNG View Post
I just got a CNN email saying Amazon has now stopped selling it.
But they still sell the Nazi flag.

http://www.amazon.com/3x5-germany-cr...dp/B00UNSVW7E/

Modern logic?
Franklin is offline  
Old June 25th, 2015, 08:19 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 56,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atehequa View Post
That flag should be removed as it is offending Black people. It was the flag of nation's army that wanted to keep them subjugated.

Then there's that other flag which from the late 18th century to the late 19th century a nation's army flew while it made war upon and subjugated indigenous people. To some of us it is more offensive than the Confederate flag.

I don't think it's going to be removed.

Dylann Roof was a white supremacist who waved a Confederate flag and killed nine Black people. Whole armies of white supremacists flew the stars and stripes as they killed thousands of non-white indigenous tribal people and that symbol of hate still flies over this nation's capitol.
Shhhh Atehequa, people are sleeping. You might wake someone up.

Never mind. Probably not.
Thanks from Sabcat
imaginethat is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
confederate, flag, remove



Search tags for this page
Click on a term to search for related topics.
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Walmart Becomes First Store To Remove All Confederate Flag Merchandise skews13 Current Events 214 June 27th, 2015 10:49 AM
Do you think the University should remove the Flag? Peter Forsberg Current Events 45 July 11th, 2014 07:23 AM
Confederate Flag Can Still Draw Blood NowhereMan Liberalism 7 June 10th, 2014 08:10 AM
Presidential Proclamation --Flag Day and National Flag Week, 2014 The White House The White House 0 June 6th, 2014 04:40 PM
Biden calls for removal of Confederate flag CNN Current Events 1 January 15th, 2007 07:32 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.