Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree72Thanks
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
compassionate and not bias at all.

do you have any evidence that the majority of the nation wants them arrested or murdered or just what your fair and balanced news tells you.


The majority of the country does not support your privatization stance on public lands.

A majority of the country supports enforcing the law.

Killing the armed occupants illegally trespassing on and destroying public land isn't murder.

Arresting the illegal occupants trespassing on public lands and destroying it is enforcing the law.

If they want to surrender peacefully, then they don't have to worry about being killed by the law being enforced.

This stuff isn't that hard. but as my dear departed father taught me as a young man...

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.
Thanks from waitingtables
skews13 is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:30 AM   #12
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post


The majority of the country does not support your privatization stance on public lands.

A majority of the country supports enforcing the law.

Killing the armed occupants illegally trespassing on and destroying public land isn't murder.

Arresting the illegal occupants trespassing on public lands and destroying it is enforcing the law.

If they want to surrender peacefully, then they don't have to worry about being killed by the law being enforced.

This stuff isn't that hard. but as my dear departed father taught me as a young man...

Life is hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.

so you are just making assumptions.

nice graph though

did you notice that the graph was in reference to STATES owning and maintaining the lands NOT the federal government
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:36 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
skews13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: nirvana
Posts: 9,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
so you are just making assumptions.

nice graph though

did you notice that the graph was in reference to STATES owning and maintaining the lands NOT the federal government
I notice that if you're in favor of privatizing that land, or agree with the armed occupiers, you're going to end up with the short end of the stick.
skews13 is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:45 AM   #14
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by skews13 View Post
I notice that if you're in favor of privatizing that land, or agree with the armed occupiers, you're going to end up with the short end of the stick.
i am in favor of privatizing land, especially federal land

where i stand on that point is irrelevant to my opinions on the protest

they are no more or less entitled to their right to protest then any other group

but hey, fuck it start billing protesters. next time there is a protest i disagree w/ i hope they get charged $70k a day, that is in no way an over reach of judicial authority
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:52 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Jimmyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 38,895
There is no judge going to fine the Bundy's $70,000 per day. The judge was speaking as a citizen, and he wants to force the Bundy's to pay for the expense of the sheriff's department. The problem is that Bundy is no federal land, not state or city land.
Thanks from Twisted Sister
Jimmyb is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 11:59 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
i am in favor of privatizing land, especially federal land

where i stand on that point is irrelevant to my opinions on the protest

they are no more or less entitled to their right to protest then any other group

but hey, fuck it start billing protesters. next time there is a protest i disagree w/ i hope they get charged $70k a day, that is in no way an over reach of judicial authority
They aren't protesters, not in the sense of protesting the Hammonds' fate. No, it's gone way beyond that. They're demanding dissolution of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, returning it to the "rightful" owners.
Thanks from waitingtables
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 12:01 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Hell, the "protesters" aren't even local residents!!
Thanks from Lyzza
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 12:17 PM   #18
#freetommy
 
Sabcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Earth
Posts: 26,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaginethat View Post
Hell, the "protesters" aren't even local residents!!
neither were a large % of the BLM protesters in minneapolis, besides when protesting the federal government does your state of residence really matter?

do you think that maybe BLM i an acronym introduced by the NSA to make it easer to monitor the internet chatter on two polar opposite yet very similar issues?
Sabcat is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 01:01 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
imaginethat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 60,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
neither were a large % of the BLM protesters in minneapolis, besides when protesting the federal government does your state of residence really matter?

do you think that maybe BLM i an acronym introduced by the NSA to make it easer to monitor the internet chatter on two polar opposite yet very similar issues?
I don't give one flying fuck what BLM protesters do, did, or will do. That's completely immaterial.

I live around ranchers who use public land. I've worked with them, for them. I moved to this area in part because of their salt of the earth attitudes.

Somehow, they get along with federal and state agencies, but that looks like maybe it's a mistake.

You think maybe I ought to call up a few and tell them to break out their 30-06s and meet me at the Division of Wildlife office. When we get there, we'll tell the wildlife managers to shove the "endangered" sage grouses up their asses. Sounds like good ol' patriotic fun, eh?

Next, maybe Bundy could put out a call for us. Reinforcements. Pacific Patriot Network.



Hey, you could come on down too. Then, we could commandeer the local FS office and not leave until the feds turn over all the land they so-called own to all the good people here in the county.
imaginethat is offline  
Old January 12th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabcat View Post
compassionate and not bias at all.

do you have any evidence that the majority of the nation wants them arrested or murdered or just what your fair and balanced news tells you.
Well Trump, has a good chance of winning the Presidency and I have heard some nations are offering us asylum if that happens. I think plenty of people are a bit radical. I think we are living in paranoid and hyper times, where people act first and then think about later.

I am not completely on the side of those protesting. I thought they were in favor of the commons, but realize Bundy stands for privatizing the commons. Given I jumped to a wrong conclusion, I am wondering how many caught up in the drama also might rethink their position?

I think the government made a terrible mistake by applying a terrorist law to Bundy. I think it is a mistake to get all paranoid and act as though citizens are enemies. I think it is wrong to charge anyone for the protest unless damage to property occurs.

Where I live there is a police force and something we call Cahoots. We can call either one when there is a dispute, or someone is acting crazy, and the situation seems threatening. For sure I prefer Cahoots, because the police escalate problems with military type aggression, while Cahoots de-escalate the situation, by calmly talking to people and winning their cooperation. I think an effort to de-escalate the protest would work much better than doing things that escalate the problem.

I think we should consider if our nation were threatened, these folks at the standoff would be defending our nation. These people feel passionately about our ideals, and we should be able to stand on their side, and de-escalate the problem.
Thanks from imaginethat and Sabcat
Athena is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
$70, 000, bundy, day, fine, judge, stand



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's Really Going On Up There in Ol' Bundy Oregon? tristanrobin Current Events 1 January 8th, 2016 06:31 AM
Get Ready For Some Frozen Bundy Buns skews13 Current Events 54 January 7th, 2016 10:21 AM
Unfortunately, Bundy is a liar imaginethat Current Events 332 April 28th, 2014 07:20 PM
Beck on Bundy supporters imaginethat Current Events 6 April 16th, 2014 07:21 AM
Get Up, Stand Up, Stand Up for Your Rights! ! rumpelstiltskin Freedom of Speech 4 December 1st, 2010 06:55 AM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.