Political Forums  

Go Back   Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Current Events Current Events Forum - Latest political news and events


Thanks Tree12Thanks
  • 2 Post By tristanrobin
  • 2 Post By reason10
  • 1 Post By Toto2
  • 2 Post By Toto2
  • 1 Post By reason10
  • 2 Post By reason10
  • 2 Post By Clara007
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 18th, 2016, 04:16 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
tristanrobin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New Haven, CT
Posts: 24,292
Trump Releases Names of Supreme Court Possibilities

Here's Who Donald Trump Would Put On The Supreme Court - Christine Rousselle

I've started looking up some of these on Google ... this election just gets scarier and scarier.
Thanks from coke and Clara007
tristanrobin is offline  
Old May 19th, 2016, 06:09 AM   #2
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Here's Who Donald Trump Would Put On The Supreme Court - Christine Rousselle

I've started looking up some of these on Google ... this election just gets scarier and scarier.
Trump should just nominate Ted Cruz to succeed Scalia. Cruz clerked for Rehnquist. He's already more qualified than HALF the liberal assholes on that court.
Thanks from webguy4 and coke
reason10 is offline  
Old May 19th, 2016, 06:30 AM   #3
Banned
 
Toto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oz
Posts: 1,149
•Steven Colloton of Iowa

Colloton served as a special assistant to the attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel within the U.S. Justice Department from 1990 to 1991. He was an assistant U.S. Attorney in the Northern District of Iowa from 1991 to 1999. From 1995 to 1996 he was an associate independent counsel in the Office of Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr. He was in private practice in Iowa from 1999 to 2001 and served as an adjunct lecturer at the University of Iowa College of Law in 2000. After George W. Bush's election in 2000, Colloton was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa and served until 2003. He was confirmed nearly seven months later by a vote of 94-1

•Allison Eid of Colorado

The associate justice of the Colorado Supreme Court has served in the seat since 2006, when she was appointed by former Republican Gov. Bill Owens and retained by the voters in 2011. Educated at the University of Chicago, Eid is a former state solicitor general and clerked for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

•Raymond Gruender of Missouri

Gruender was nominated to the Eighth Circuit by President George W. Bush on September 29, 2003 to fill a seat vacated by Judge Pasco Bowman II. The United States Senate confirmed him almost eight months later on May 20, 2004 by a vote of 97–1, with the only vote against his confirmation coming from U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin.[4] Gruender received his commission on June 5, 2004.

•Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania

Hardiman was nominated to the Third Circuit by President George W. Bush on September 13, 2006 to fill a seat vacated by Judge Richard Lowell Nygaard, who assumed senior status in 2005. He was confirmed to that seat over seven months later by the U.S. Senate on March 15, 2007 by a vote of 95-0

•Raymond Kethledge of Michigan

Kethledge was first nominated to the Sixth Circuit by President George W. Bush on June 28, 2006 to replace Judge James L. Ryan. From November 2001 to March 2006, Henry Saad had been nominated to the seat, but he had been filibustered by the Senate Democrats and later withdrew. Kethledge's nomination lapsed when the 109th Congress adjourned in December 2006. Bush again nominated Kethledge on March 19, 2007. However, his nomination stalled for over a year due to opposition from Michigan's two Democratic Senators, Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow.

•Joan Larsen of Michigan

Joan Larsen is an American judge and lawyer. She was appointed to the Michigan Supreme Court by Gov. Rick Snyder on September 30, 2015, to replace Justice Mary Beth Kelly, whose resignation from the Court became effective October 1, 2015.[1]

Education
Larsen is a graduate of the Northwestern University School of Law,[1] where she graduated first in her class.[2] While at Northwestern, she served as Articles Editor of the Northwestern University Law Review.


Thomas Rex Lee

Thomas Rex Lee (born 1964) is the Associate Chief Justice on the Utah Supreme Court. His nomination unanimously passed a vote by the Utah Supreme Court Judiciary Committee in mid-June 2010,[1] and he was sworn in July 19, 2010.[2]

Justice Lee had one of his clerks later clerk at the U.S. Supreme Court.[3] Justice Lee is also a pioneer in the application of corpus linguistics to determine ordinary meaning, being the first American judge to do so in an opinion.[4][5]

•William Pryor of Alabama

Pryor was nominated to the Eleventh Circuit by President George W. Bush on April 9, 2003 to fill a seat vacated by Judge Emmett Ripley Cox, who had assumed senior status. Originally, William H. Steele had been nominated to the seat in 2001, but his nomination had become stalled in the Democratic-controlled Senate Judiciary Committee during the 107th United States Congress because African-American groups protested his decisions in two civil rights cases as a magistrate judge. His nomination was withdrawn in January 2003. Pryor was nominated as Steele's replacement.

•David Stras of Minnesota

Stras clerked on two federal courts of appeal, for Judges Melvin Brunetti on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and J. Michael Luttig on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Stras then worked at the D.C. office of Sidley Austin Brown & Wood for a year, after which he clerked for Justice Clarence Thomas of the United States Supreme Court.[4]

•Diane Sykes of Wisconsin

President George W. Bush nominated Sykes to a seat on the Seventh Circuit on November 14, 2003. The Senate Judiciary Committee approved her nomination (14–5) on March 11, 2004, and she was confirmed 70–27 by the U.S. Senate on June 24, 2004. She was the first judge appointed to the Seventh Circuit by Bush.

On joining the Seventh Circuit, Sykes began serving on the court with Judge Terence T. Evans, for whom she had clerked.

•Don Willett of Texas

Don R. Willett (born July 16, 1966) is a Justice on the Supreme Court of Texas. He was appointed by Governor Rick Perry on August 24, 2005, to fill the vacancy created when former Justice Priscilla Owen joined the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Willett was elected on November 7, 2006, and re-elected on November 6, 2012, to a six-year term that ends December 31, 2018
Thanks from coke
Toto2 is offline  
Old May 19th, 2016, 06:30 AM   #4
Banned
 
Toto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Oz
Posts: 1,149
Nice solid list of candidates, a few could use some experience in my humble opinion.
Thanks from coke and Jimgorn
Toto2 is offline  
Old May 19th, 2016, 07:39 AM   #5
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto2 View Post
Nice solid list of candidates, a few could use some experience in my humble opinion.
After the disasters that Obama appointed, I'd say the bar has been lowered to the floor. Right now Peewee Herman is more qualified than Sodomizer.
Thanks from coke
reason10 is offline  
Old May 19th, 2016, 07:43 AM   #6
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristanrobin View Post
Here's Who Donald Trump Would Put On The Supreme Court - Christine Rousselle

I've started looking up some of these on Google ... this election just gets scarier and scarier.
It's scary that such a lying BITCH like Hillary could wind up appointing Scalia's successor.
Thanks from coke and Jimgorn
reason10 is offline  
Old May 19th, 2016, 08:11 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Clara007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Arizona
Posts: 11,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto2 View Post
•Steven Colloton of Iowa

Colloton served as a special assistant to the attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel within the U.S. Justice Department from 1990 to 1991. He was an assistant U.S. Attorney in the Northern District of Iowa from 1991 to 1999. From 1995 to 1996 he was an associate independent counsel in the Office of Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr. He was in private practice in Iowa from 1999 to 2001 and served as an adjunct lecturer at the University of Iowa College of Law in 2000. After George W. Bush's election in 2000, Colloton was appointed U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Iowa and served until 2003. He was confirmed nearly seven months later by a vote of 94-1

•Allison Eid of Colorado

The associate justice of the Colorado Supreme Court has served in the seat since 2006, when she was appointed by former Republican Gov. Bill Owens and retained by the voters in 2011. Educated at the University of Chicago, Eid is a former state solicitor general and clerked for Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.

•Raymond Gruender of Missouri

Gruender was nominated to the Eighth Circuit by President George W. Bush on September 29, 2003 to fill a seat vacated by Judge Pasco Bowman II. The United States Senate confirmed him almost eight months later on May 20, 2004 by a vote of 97–1, with the only vote against his confirmation coming from U.S. Sen. Tom Harkin.[4] Gruender received his commission on June 5, 2004.

•Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania

Hardiman was nominated to the Third Circuit by President George W. Bush on September 13, 2006 to fill a seat vacated by Judge Richard Lowell Nygaard, who assumed senior status in 2005. He was confirmed to that seat over seven months later by the U.S. Senate on March 15, 2007 by a vote of 95-0

•Raymond Kethledge of Michigan

Kethledge was first nominated to the Sixth Circuit by President George W. Bush on June 28, 2006 to replace Judge James L. Ryan. From November 2001 to March 2006, Henry Saad had been nominated to the seat, but he had been filibustered by the Senate Democrats and later withdrew. Kethledge's nomination lapsed when the 109th Congress adjourned in December 2006. Bush again nominated Kethledge on March 19, 2007. However, his nomination stalled for over a year due to opposition from Michigan's two Democratic Senators, Carl Levin and Debbie Stabenow.

•Joan Larsen of Michigan

Joan Larsen is an American judge and lawyer. She was appointed to the Michigan Supreme Court by Gov. Rick Snyder on September 30, 2015, to replace Justice Mary Beth Kelly, whose resignation from the Court became effective October 1, 2015.[1]

Education
Larsen is a graduate of the Northwestern University School of Law,[1] where she graduated first in her class.[2] While at Northwestern, she served as Articles Editor of the Northwestern University Law Review.


Thomas Rex Lee

Thomas Rex Lee (born 1964) is the Associate Chief Justice on the Utah Supreme Court. His nomination unanimously passed a vote by the Utah Supreme Court Judiciary Committee in mid-June 2010,[1] and he was sworn in July 19, 2010.[2]

Justice Lee had one of his clerks later clerk at the U.S. Supreme Court.[3] Justice Lee is also a pioneer in the application of corpus linguistics to determine ordinary meaning, being the first American judge to do so in an opinion.[4][5]

•William Pryor of Alabama

Pryor was nominated to the Eleventh Circuit by President George W. Bush on April 9, 2003 to fill a seat vacated by Judge Emmett Ripley Cox, who had assumed senior status. Originally, William H. Steele had been nominated to the seat in 2001, but his nomination had become stalled in the Democratic-controlled Senate Judiciary Committee during the 107th United States Congress because African-American groups protested his decisions in two civil rights cases as a magistrate judge. His nomination was withdrawn in January 2003. Pryor was nominated as Steele's replacement.

•David Stras of Minnesota

Stras clerked on two federal courts of appeal, for Judges Melvin Brunetti on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and J. Michael Luttig on the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit. Stras then worked at the D.C. office of Sidley Austin Brown & Wood for a year, after which he clerked for Justice Clarence Thomas of the United States Supreme Court.[4]

•Diane Sykes of Wisconsin

President George W. Bush nominated Sykes to a seat on the Seventh Circuit on November 14, 2003. The Senate Judiciary Committee approved her nomination (14–5) on March 11, 2004, and she was confirmed 70–27 by the U.S. Senate on June 24, 2004. She was the first judge appointed to the Seventh Circuit by Bush.

On joining the Seventh Circuit, Sykes began serving on the court with Judge Terence T. Evans, for whom she had clerked.

•Don Willett of Texas

Don R. Willett (born July 16, 1966) is a Justice on the Supreme Court of Texas. He was appointed by Governor Rick Perry on August 24, 2005, to fill the vacancy created when former Justice Priscilla Owen joined the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. Willett was elected on November 7, 2006, and re-elected on November 6, 2012, to a six-year term that ends December 31, 2018

Don't forget:
*Diana Ross--Detroit, Michigan--the original Supreme who's song "Stop in the Name of Love" became the theme song of the RNC.
*Moe Howard--Bensonhurst, NY-- American actor and comedian best known as the de facto leader of the Three Stooges.
*Theodore Nugent--Redford, Michigan--every mother's prayer is that their daughter marry the guy who can't shut up. But hey, he took back the whole 'subhuman mongrel' comment about Obama and promised to stop name-calling, so things are looking up.
* Pat Robertson--Lexington, Virginia--the guy who loves words like 'sodomy'--so Old Testament. Apparently it strengthens his pastoral validity.
*Anthony Weiner (pronounced 'wee-nee')--Brooklyn, NY--who now "regrets" ruining his life/career/family while sexting, sexing, sexphotoing, sexdating, sexselling. Anthony may have been a weird cross of Brett Favre, mixed in with a dash of Bill Clinton and Eliot Spitzer, but he's remorseful so it's time to move on.

Anyhoo....so many awesome choices for The Donald. I wish him well in his selection process.
Thanks from RNG and coke
Clara007 is offline  
Old May 24th, 2016, 09:23 AM   #8
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Florida
Posts: 851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara007 View Post
Don't forget:
*Diana Ross--Detroit, Michigan--the original Supreme who's song "Stop in the Name of Love" became the theme song of the RNC.
*Moe Howard--Bensonhurst, NY-- American actor and comedian best known as the de facto leader of the Three Stooges.
*Theodore Nugent--Redford, Michigan--every mother's prayer is that their daughter marry the guy who can't shut up. But hey, he took back the whole 'subhuman mongrel' comment about Obama and promised to stop name-calling, so things are looking up.
* Pat Robertson--Lexington, Virginia--the guy who loves words like 'sodomy'--so Old Testament. Apparently it strengthens his pastoral validity.
*Anthony Weiner (pronounced 'wee-nee')--Brooklyn, NY--who now "regrets" ruining his life/career/family while sexting, sexing, sexphotoing, sexdating, sexselling. Anthony may have been a weird cross of Brett Favre, mixed in with a dash of Bill Clinton and Eliot Spitzer, but he's remorseful so it's time to move on.

Anyhoo....so many awesome choices for The Donald. I wish him well in his selection process.
He just needs to appoint Ted Cruz and that will be fine. Cruz is the most qualified jurist to succeed Scalia.
reason10 is offline  
Reply

  Defending The Truth Political Forum > Political Forum > Current Events

Tags
court, names, possibilities, releases, supreme, trump



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where Is Trump’s Supreme Court Shortlist? Toto2 Americas 0 May 18th, 2016 07:28 AM
Donald Trump Releases Plan to Combat Illegal Immigration imaginethat Current Events 146 August 20th, 2015 04:30 PM
Texas Clerk Finds Out Her Religious Beliefs Don't Trump The Supreme Court skews13 Current Events 2 July 7th, 2015 12:58 PM
GOP to Ban the Supreme Court RNG Americas 23 April 23rd, 2015 08:42 PM
BREAKING: Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals Sends Proposition 8 to Supreme Court! elmo5159 Gay and Lesbian Rights 1 June 5th, 2012 07:04 PM


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2013 Defending The Truth. All rights reserved.